Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone in Central NC Have Mountune MP 215 Tune?

If I can find a dealership that has a service department that knows what MP215, or even Mountune for that matter, in the area, I should have it installed soon.

LoL, I guess I need to start looking at post dates. This is the second dead thread I have posted on today.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
LoL, I guess I need to start looking at post dates. This is the second dead thread I have posted on today.
Who are you talking to at the dealer? Go to parts and have them look it up under Ford Performance parts. Nobody at a dealer knows what it is. Any ASE tech anywhere can install it. You can get the kit online from Levittown Ford or Mountune. I did it myself and had a friend that was an ASE sign off on it. Change the Airbox and plug in AP and download. That is all there is to doing it.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Thanks, but I have procrastinated and am still considering this, my car is currently stock, so your post is still timely.
University Ford where I got my car new isn't familiar with Mountune.

Who are you talking to at the dealer? Go to parts and have them look it up under Ford Performance parts. Nobody at a dealer knows what it is. Any ASE tech anywhere can install it. You can get the kit online from Levittown Ford or Mountune. I did it myself and had a friend that was an ASE sign off on it. Change the Airbox and plug in AP and download. That is all there is to doing it.
Went to the service department. I wanted to get a problem with me climate control system addressed while I had it in the shop. There is a TSB out for the exact problem I am having.

Whole trip was a nightmare. He basically called me stupid and told me they don't mess with TSB's unless there is a problem. I told him I know how the process works, I was a diesel tech for a construction equipment dealership. I wouldn't have brought it in if it wasn't having a problem. He then switched modes to again call me stupid and inform me that the Mountune kit (that I provided him the part number and print out from ford performance parts website) was not supported by Ford and I was an idiot. Maybe not the exact words, but same sentiment. Very condescending.

I scheduled the HVAC repair and told him they can handle the warranty work on that, but anything I would like done, that I will be paying for out of my own pocket, isn't anything they need to worry about at this point.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Went to the service department. I wanted to get a problem with me climate control system addressed while I had it in the shop. There is a TSB out for the exact problem I am having.

Whole trip was a nightmare. He basically called me stupid and told me they don't mess with TSB's unless there is a problem. I told him I know how the process works, I was a diesel tech for a construction equipment dealership. I wouldn't have brought it in if it wasn't having a problem. He then switched modes to again call me stupid and inform me that the Mountune kit (that I provided him the part number and print out from ford performance parts website) was not supported by Ford and I was an idiot. Maybe not the exact words, but same sentiment. Very condescending.

I scheduled the HVAC repair and told him they can handle the warranty work on that, but anything I would like done, that I will be paying for out of my own pocket, isn't anything they need to worry about at this point.
Sounds as bad as Green Ford in Greensboro. I would recommend County Ford in Burlington.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Very few people are aware of the Mountune relationship and since it was a first they think you don't know what you are talking about. Service writers are generally too dense to understand an oil change. The dealer where I bought my FiST was a Roush dealer and had a Ford Performance Banner on the dealership so the parts department was well aware of Mountune but service had never installed any Mountune stuff. They gave me a price of 1 1/2 hours labor to install the MP-215 plus the cost of the kit. I chose to do it myself and had a friend who was ASE sign off on it for a case of beer! I love mine, third gear pulls like a pissed off train.....does not like low octane gas (87) and mine runs best and gets best mileage on 93 non-ethanol, 36+ HWY at 75-80 mph.

Sounds like I will like it, if I ever get it installed lol. I am hoping it will keep me from messing with it too much until the warranty is about out

CSM

1000 Post Club
I had Crossroads Ford in Cary NC install my MP215 in early 2015. They were familiar with the kit and had installed a couple before. In case you are in need of a dealer in that area that is aware of Mountune....

On the other hand, as others have referenced, you can take the Mp215 kit to any ASE certified tech for install and it will be warranty friendly.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I had Crossroads Ford in Cary NC install my MP215 in early 2015. They were familiar with the kit and had installed a couple before. In case you are in need of a dealer in that area that is aware of Mountune....

On the other hand, as others have referenced, you can take the Mp215 kit to any ASE certified tech for install and it will be warranty friendly.
That's good to know, thanks.

Any advantage in having it done at a dealership? Will they handle do paperwork for you?

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Any advantage in having it done at a dealership? Will they handle do paperwork for you?
I think you still have to submit your paperwork yourself to Ford Performance. I am leaning towards having it done at a dealership if I get the kit on the off-chance that there's some issue with the installation, when an independent shop won't have access to Ford.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I think you still have to submit your paperwork yourself to Ford Performance. I am leaning towards having it done at a dealership if I get the kit on the off-chance that there's some issue with the installation, when an independent shop won't have access to Ford.
You don't need access to Ford......they have no clue on the MP-215. The tech will be reading the instructions because he has never done one either. The "submitting" the paper work consists of emailing two receipt pics to them....one for the MP-215 and one of the installation. And no the dealer will not do it for you and takes 10 minutes. The intake air box will take about 1 hour to install. Then follow instruction to plug in and load the program.....then go drive. Questions or problems call Mountune NOT Ford, they will tell you to call Mountune. Really is a simple job. You will get a flunkie to do it at the dealer or pay the same or less for a real certified mechanic to do it. The Ford guy does not have to be and will not be ASE certified. My two cents worth, my 2016 Fifi has never seen the dealer and never will I hope.........If you are smart I would call the Ford Performance number in the Mountune documents available online and make sure they will still do the warranty on the newer cars. All I have seen was a post from a 2017 owner that said they registered his. Others have said Mountune will not install it on the newer cars. So if the warranty is important check before you buy! Levittown Ford did discount the MP-215, I got mine for under $1000 shipped.

Mikey456

I’ve been considering going with the MP215 kit, but was wondering when u said it “pulls like a pissed off train” I assume in a straight line. But when pushing the car hard in the turns do you get more wheel spin in the turns or torque steer in third gear? I assume there are plus’s and minus’s when adding torque to the front wheels. Can u expand on ur impressions on this upgrade? Thanks

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I’ve been considering going with the MP215 kit, but was wondering when u said it “pulls like a pissed off train” I assume in a straight line. But when pushing the car hard in the turns do you get more wheel spin in the turns or torque steer in third gear? I assume there are plus’s and minus’s when adding torque to the front wheels. Can u expand on ur impressions on this upgrade? Thanks
Torque is still limited in 1st and 2nd and I have never been in a high speed curve pushing 3rd. Zero torque steer except very slight in 1st. No big difference in feel until 3rd gear and above. Unlike other mods it has never stressed the cooling system in traffic or desert temps. Never passed normal on temp gauge.