Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Taking a Leap - Resonator Delete

iso100

1000 Post Club
Oh, that makes it easier. I need to go find a photo of the stock system.

Sounds nice.

I'd like to see what it looks like under the car. If I can find someone to help me do it , I may go for it.

I think I dented my resonator this winter... I saw the dent when I swapped the tires 2 weeks ago. It does sound like it leaks a little bit :(

So, since Ford would not warranty my resonator because they considered the damage road hazard, I decided to get the resonator removed.

Couldn't be happier, in the car with the windows up, you wouldn't know anything has changed. From outside you hear it a little more than before but it is a nice deep sound.

Cost me about $100, I wasn't able to do it on my own, so I had an exhaust shop weld a piece of stainless pipe were the resonator was.

Worth it

iso100

1000 Post Club
I'm considering this as well but want to hear it first. What size tubing did they use?

I had my resonator removed today ($32 at a local exhaust shop). I have the 2j-racing cat-less dp. It sounds amazing! Best mod I've done so far...

My phone won't let me upload the video for some reason. I'll try to remedy this and give a link. It does sound a bit raspy in the video though. In the car driving it sounds Great!

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Upload to YouTube then link it here.
Place the camera on tripod or floor and do a couple passes. Doesnt have to be WOT. If possible.

I'm still working on uploading a video. MY phone states "this action is not allowed". My car doesn't have any kind of drone and I can barely hear the exhaust at WOT with windows up. My CAI probably drowns it out.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I think the reason there isn't much audio is because there's really not much to hear. Like Jkmere said, it's just barely noticeable. Of note, it's much deeper; I don't think a cell phone can capture it. Also of note: the symposer is louder. Is it worth the $60? Not really. Was it a waste of money? Not really.