Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Taking a Leap - Resonator Delete

iso100

1000 Post Club
I can definitely tell the difference. I like the burble and pop but the exhaust note is now a bit too raspy and hollow for my tastes. I appreciate the additional videos!

Yeah it does sound a bit raspy outside the car. I can hardly hear it inside the car with windows up though.

I think it sounds good, I've seen so many Fost videos comparing the muffler delete and resonator delete. I actually thought a lot more Fist owners would have tried it before now. I personally like the resonator delete sound much better in all the Fost videos I've seen, so this is what I thought the Fist resonator delete would sound like.
Nice job, I'm sure it's just a sound mod but for the price anyone looking for a little more tone but doesn't want to spend hundreds on a CBE can try this.

HaveBlue83

i need to do a delete of one of these......keep going back n fourth. I just want a decent sound without messing with my factory DP. I'd like warranty-friendly mods if possible.

anyone have a WOT driving video of the res or muffler delete on a stock DP?

quick question for those who deleted the factory resonator is it a strait-through design? i've been wanting some more noise out of my car, but not willing to dish out $700 for a cat-back system. http://www.ebay.com/itm/151333594816?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT i was thinking of maybe running something like this instead of the factory muffler.

Please do not get that I can promise you will regret it. After all you pay for what you get. I did that to my original fiesta not st and it droned all day and sounded like a fart can :/ http://youtu.be/sHIaGxQvn7A

No offense, I don't think a resonator delete sounds good. Too buzzy and obnoxious
Fair enough but to be honest it only sound when the car is revving or at idle when im driving I don't hear it in the car :/ but ill make a flyby video and know for sure :)

Fair enough but to be honest it only sound when the car is revving or at idle when im driving I don't hear it in the car :/ but ill make a flyby video and know for sure :)
I think it sounds fine on idle. It's when you add load... Sounds like a buzz tractor

OP
G
Thread Starter #56
Mine doesn't sound as raspy, but I still have plenty of the pop and burble

HaveBlue83

resonator sounds decent. and guys, it's a 1.6L turbo car....it's not going to sound like a 2.0 or a 2.5. lol.

I might just do a resonator delete if it's cost effective and spend money on the FMIC and Downpipe first. then down the line I can do a CBE.

I don't know im ok with how the resonator delete sounds its just a bit quite, I think im going to straight pipe it and see how that sounds.

Does anyone have a picture of what the resonator looks like? I'm getting mine taken off