Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta DHM 1/2? mile

koozy

3000 Post Club
nice to see a Fiesta ST representing and raising eyebrows. It's safe to say that DHM will continue to reign as Fiesta ST King at these events being the only properly tuned and big turbo manufacturer for the platform at the power levels needed for these types of events.

nice to see a Fiesta ST representing and raising eyebrows. It's safe to say that DHM will continue to reign as Fiesta ST King at these events being the only properly tuned and big turbo manufacturer for the platform at the power levels needed for these types of events.
Except you know, when the oil line to the turbo fails and you fry the turbo, just like what happened in the video. Did you watch until the end? Kept saying it wasn't dyno'd but that the kit is "good for" 360-380whp but that is with ethanol/wmi though he makes no mention of using aux fuel, of which he would need at least the stratified aux fuel to push past the limits of the stock fuel system. Both GTX kits that DHM offers are "good" for 360+whp but you need the fuel to get there.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Except you know, when the oil line to the turbo fails and you fry the turbo, just like what happened in the video. Did you watch until the end? Kept saying it wasn't dyno'd but that the kit is "good for" 360-380whp but that is with ethanol/wmi though he makes no mention of using aux fuel, of which he would need at least the stratified aux fuel to push past the limits of the stock fuel system. Both GTX kits that DHM offers are "good" for 360+whp but you need the fuel to get there.
Yes I watched the complete video and read the comments on youtube, did you? where the owner mentions Auxfuel and the E85 blend he was using in the runs that were showcased in the video.

As for the oil line coming off, IMO that's an installation related issue. I have a DHM360R which I installed myself and used a dab of red thread lock on the adapter fitting for the turbo oil feed to prevent the fitting from walking out.

One thing to keep in mind is that these are from a rolling start. As he said in the video, traction is the issue... A very, very unfortunate issue.

As happy as I was to see a Fiesta in a 1320 video, I really wish they had included some details on what the other cars were running. Without these details, there's very little context as to how quick that fiesta actually is. That run vs the Golf R - is that a completely stock golf R? If so then I'm not really that impressed....

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
As happy as I was to see a Fiesta in a 1320 video, I really wish they had included some details on what the other cars were running. Without these details, there's very little context as to how quick that fiesta actually is. That run vs the Golf R - is that a completely stock golf R? If so then I'm not really that impressed....
It seems that Omega doesn't post the results from the days... But here's wannagofast:

https://wannagofast.com/events/

And Shift Sector:

http://shift-s3ctor.com/california-airstrip-attack-results/

That should give you some context. Hint: A stock GTR does 140s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re-rx7

1000 Post Club