Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Switchback LED Turn Signals

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Shouldn't the pin outs be the same, regardless of the color of the wire going into the connector. Look for a mark on the connector showing the #1 pin and count from there, then second row. Should be the same pin out position on the left and right sides.

OP
W
Thread Starter #22
I didn't even do it, haha... I will tonight if I can't find the part I need to fix my coupe.

Just wondering if anyone has actually been able to buy and install these, as they seem to be forever backordered.
I will be ordering a set from diode dynamics in a couple weeks, it shows backordered on their site but I emailed them and they said they are a special order item. Aparently you can get different shades of white through email too, only "cool white" is an option on their website.

Here is the email:

Kevin,

Thank you for choosing Diode Dynamics! The 3157 switchbacks you are needing for your Fiesta are on special order but if you would like me to get an order submitted, I certainly can! Once I have the order submitted it should be shipped out with a week!

I will just need a confirmation of your current shipping address along with a confirmation of what bulb cool you would like; cool white/amber, pure white/amber, or natural white/amber.

Best,

Justin

contact@diodedynamics.com
(314) 205-3033 x224

If you are doing 4 LED bulbs front and rear you can just mount the resistors in the rear. You just get a 3ohm 50w load resistor instead of the 6ohm 50w.
I have already ordered all of the LEDs for the rear of the car (brakes, signals, backups, and plates) along with the resistors for the turn signals. So if I put the resistors on the back lights I won't need them for the switchbacks in the front too? I'm not sure what the specs are on the resistors, they are an option on the website to package in with the LEDs. I was going to buy a second set with the switchbacks when I ordered them.

Well stupid ford.... The passenger side colors are different.
Ever figure out what the colors were for the passenger side?

OK so, I have a question and I have been struggling on trying to figure out if I'm going to change to LEDS in the brake lights. Obviously I would buy a red color LED but being that the bulb will be behind the RED plastic in the brake light housing wont it hinder the effect of having LEDs? or is everyone doing this anyways to change the brightness of the red/turn signal, I may not be clear in what I am trying to say but being the type of housing (not just a bulb "out in the open" ) I'm thinking you wont be seeing the individual LEDS on the bulb itself. so other than a brighter color bulb , will you actually be able to tell its a LED in the housing? someone clear this up for me or post pics....please.....NOW I CAN see doing it in the front turn signals because the bulb is exposed and not covered by the actual light housing

You don't see the individual LEDs in the red housing. I did use red bulbs. I replaced every bulb except the high beams with LEDs, I just like how the light is crisp, when it blinks on and of it doesn't fade in and out like a stock bulb.

In my experience with my old car using LEDs you have to get a really good brand LED to get something that will be reliable. Really good brands cost money. I did the original full swap using all LEDs through superbrightleds and in about 2 years time I had basically replaced most all the LEDs I originally had. Most of the LED replacements out there, good quality or not, are not near as bright as the factory bulbs. I struggled with that issue in my tail lights and my front turn signals. The corner turn signals on my car were basically worthless. They barely put out any light. The main front turns even after I replaced them with brighter ones, never were as bright as the standard lights. The rears didn't light up the tails as well. And there really wasn't a lot of change in lighting between running lights and when you hit the brakes IMO. The things I did like about the LEDs were replacing the interior lighting with white light rather than having the warm yellow light of the standard bulbs, as well as white lighting for the license plate. Of course you have to get quality because my plate lights didn't take long to start flickering. I used the same bulbs for my dash panel lighting which also died quickly. I replaced the original interior lights because one died and the other was too dim. So all in all the only original LEDs I have in that car are the reverse lights, which are surprisingly bright compared to stock which is different than what I saw with most LEDs. All turn signals and tails are back to factory bulbs and working much better, brighter, and safer that way. I did enjoy the instant on off of the turn signals, it made for a nicer look for the car. But the drawbacks were too much for me.

So the moral of my story is get quality LEDs the first time around if you're going to bother with the swap. Personally I will be sticking with stock lighting with my Fiesta and from now on.

If you still want to go for it, VLEDs.com was my favorite place to get better quality stuff. I would skip superbrightleds.

Did you get these working? Need to fit resistors for my LED indicators front ant back, If I only need to fit them in the back, that would be Ideal. Which Resistors will need to be used and which wires will need splicing in the rears

DaveG99

Can't someone make a bulb that doesn't require adding a resistor? Like maybe have it built into the bulb.