Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Switchback LED Turn Signals

Wobb

Does anyone know how to wire the resistors in for the Front turn signals? I was looking at the light last night and realized there's no physical plug to the bulb so it threw me off a bit... Realizing all the wires go into 1 plug, I'm not sure exactly which ones are the turn signals so I'm confused!!!

If anyone could help that'd be great.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
If you are doing 4 LED bulbs front and rear you can just mount the resistors in the rear. You just get a 3ohm 50w load resistor instead of the 6ohm 50w.

OP
W

Wobb

Thread Starter #3
I didn't plan on doing the rears cause they just blink amber. I'd rather have the white led's in front, then amber when turn signal is on.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Wobb, the easiest way to do the front is to peel back the wire harness tape that connects to your headlight and install the resistors there. Just like Harvick suggested get the 6ohm 50 watt resistors. I'd be more than happy to let you know which wire is the blinker this evening when I get home from work.

OP
W

Wobb

Thread Starter #5
If you could, that would be awesome... The lights I bought came with the resistors, so I just need to know which wire for it to go to! My coupe was easy, haha.. 3 wire plug, middle wire!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
If you could, that would be awesome... The lights I bought came with the resistors, so I just need to know which wire for it to go to! My coupe was easy, haha.. 3 wire plug, middle wire!
Will do, I'll post an update this evening. Which lights did you buy?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Just my luck they are sold out until mid May lol. I might follow your lead too and get these pending your feedback.

OP
W

Wobb

Thread Starter #9
Yeah, I saw that... I must have grabbed one of the last sets, haha.... Like I said, I have them in my Coupe and love them. I've actually had a few people ask where I got them too. But I'll def post feedback/pictures!

I noticed that on the brighter lighting website they say their led lights will not stand up to the heat generated by a conventional bulb (in our case, the halogen high and low beams) if they are located in the same enclosure. What do you guys think?

OP
W

Wobb

Thread Starter #11
I've heard that before, but never had an issue. Like I said, I ran HID's and switchbacks(in reflective housings...I know I know) and never had trouble.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Here you go. You can connect the Blue/Green (+Blinker) and Black/Yellow (-Ground) with the load resistor.

OP
W

Wobb

Thread Starter #15
I haven't forgot... Just been ungodly busy trying to get my Coupe finished up!!!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I haven't forgot... Just been ungodly busy trying to get my Coupe finished up!!!
Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Focus too[twothumb]

OP
W
Thread Starter #17
Well stupid ford.... The passenger side colors are different.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Well stupid ford.... The passenger side colors are different.
lol only Ford. I'll see if I can help you with the other side too this weekend.

OP
W
Thread Starter #19
Thanks man... I did the blue/green wire like you said, the grounds were black/grey... hooked it all up and it was still hyperblinking... Tried both black/grey wires, and it still did it... Unhooked the blue/green wire completely and the turn signal still worked fine. So that's how I knew, haha.

But I appreciate the help!!!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thanks man... I did the blue/green wire like you said, the grounds were black/grey... hooked it all up and it was still hyperblinking... Tried both black/grey wires, and it still did it... Unhooked the blue/green wire completely and the turn signal still worked fine. So that's how I knew, haha.

But I appreciate the help!!!
Did the left side work ok?