Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Switchback LED Turn Signals

brbauer2

We don't have the module that controls the flash count like the other Ford vehicles. I think it's the SSCM that had the values that are changed in FORScan.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
We don't have the module that controls the flash count like the other Ford vehicles. I think it's the SSCM that had the values that are changed in FORScan.
Do you know if we have the module that can be changed for different DRL settings? There are the ForScan spreadsheets out there for like the F-150 that obviously have a lot more modules available. I'm thinking I could always hook it up and just check and see I suppose and try them, I'd like the switchbacks to come on with the engine with the switch on Auto without having to manually select the parking lights.

brbauer2

Do you know if we have the module that can be changed for different DRL settings? There are the ForScan spreadsheets out there for like the F-150 that obviously have a lot more modules available. I'm thinking I could always hook it up and just check and see I suppose and try them, I'd like the switchbacks to come on with the engine with the switch on Auto without having to manually select the parking lights.
Not sure, never looked into it when I was making changes and haven't used FORScan in nearly a year.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Not sure, never looked into it when I was making changes and haven't used FORScan in nearly a year.

Thanks anyway, for getting back to me quickly, I think I'll try some settings today. I have to do it in the daylight, I found even with garage lighting and a flash light pointed right on the light sensor that the auto lights still came on when parked in the garage, heh.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I know we don't have the module that most other Ford's have that controls number of directional blinks. I would love to have 5, or even 7 blinks with a tap instead of the 3 we have.
So broke out the OBD adapter and ForScan yesterday, had to renew my license with them, which is near instant and easy to do every 3 months... anyway, we don't even have a BCM at all, that is accessible at least. I did see some options under IPC for DRL's but none of the options made the markers come on while in "auto" or even "off" like I was shooting for, so with doing switchbacks we MUST use the parking light settings manually, which completely sucks to me on a modern vehicle... Only option otherwise is getting the Euro headlights, either OEM or TYC replicas (which are quite reasonable and solid quality) and doing a bit of wiring work to accommodate them but there goes my plans to have a decently modern setup with the stock North American housings... Also did not see any options to change the quick flasher settings, although I'm personally good with 3 blinks for a quick lane change anyway, just to let you know I did check for you.

There are actually switchback bulbs that does not hyperflash and does not require any resistors. I've installed them on mine for the front turn signal and wired it so that the white comes on when the parking light is on and turns to amber when indicating a turn.You do need to change the socket for this to work properly.

Last edited:
There are actually switchback bulbs that does not hyperflash and does not require any resistors. I've installed them on mine for the front turn signal and wired it so that the white comes on when the parking light is on and turns to amber when indicating a turn.You do need to change the socket for this to work properly.
You got a link or something? I'm trying to find some that work because I'm struggling with some malfunctioning switchbacks right now.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Most switchbacks will certainly hyperflash if you buy the incorrect ones. I can confirm that these do not.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000132250758.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dI1t4Mg

Good luck!!
I want these, but my Fiesta is an American model. Yours is the Eurasian one. How I envy that you can get a 3 door!

Somebody who knows the electrics in this car needs to step up and tell me that this is the LED I've been praying for! :LOL:

I want these, but my Fiesta is an American model. Yours is the Eurasian one. How I envy that you can get a 3 door!

Somebody who knows the electrics in this car needs to step up and tell me that this is the LED I've been praying for! :LOL:
Based on what i know, this has nothing to do with the car being USA or Europe model. What is most important is that you take a look at your bulb specs. If i am not mistaken the bulb type your turn signal uses will be either the BAU15s or BAY15s or PY21w. If that was the case, then get the BAY15d type.of bulb and socket (has 3 wires). Once you have those, all you need to do is trim off a little bit of the notches on the socket that you bought and make try and fit and trim off as necessary for a good tight fit. Then wire it up to the corresponding wires and it will work as you have imagined it to be. Remember, this means that the white part will only come on when you turn on the parking lights and is not a full DRL that is on all the time unless you wire it up to the fuse box for DRL function.

FYI - us in asia gets 4 doors only..... we envy the europeans!!!! We envy the other parts of the world where you all can buy the ST version. The highest level we have here is the 1.0L ecoboost with 125hp.

If you see the photo the white light is in the turn bulb position. So hopefully that is what you want.
switchback.jpg

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, I ordered some. Guess I'll be the guinea pig. If it works, it'll be all I want from the front turn signals.
If not, we file it under DON'T BUY THIS! NO WORKY!

Well, I ordered some. Guess I'll be the guinea pig. If it works, it'll be all I want from the front turn signals.
If not, we file it under DON'T BUY THIS! NO WORKY!
Good luck. Let me know if you need guiding for installation. If you use Whatsapp, feel free to add me at +62818854570

I just pulled the trigger on these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08XBN8T38
The units linked earlier on the page with the pigtails and inline resistors wouldn't work, since the bulb holder has built-in contacts getting power from the headlight assembly. That leaves 2 options: adding resistors to the wiring harness or an all-in-one unit like this. The one I've linked has a built in cooling fan, so we'll see how that does. I also have some LED low beams on the way, and I'll probably swap the high beams and fogs as well if they work out.

I just pulled the trigger on these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08XBN8T38
The units linked earlier on the page with the pigtails and inline resistors wouldn't work, since the bulb holder has built-in contacts getting power from the headlight assembly. That leaves 2 options: adding resistors to the wiring harness or an all-in-one unit like this. The one I've linked has a built in cooling fan, so we'll see how that does. I also have some LED low beams on the way, and I'll probably swap the high beams and fogs as well if they work out.
The contacts on the bulb holder can be skipped and the car electronic sensor will not detect it as long as you connect a negative wire to the factory connector. This will fool the bcm to assume that there is still some load on the turn signal not from the factory bulb holder but directly from the connector. It is kind of hard to explain but perhaps the images below using an aftermarket bulb holder may help.

Basically get an after market bulb holder that has 3 wires (one + for the turn signal another + for the parking light and a negative and all should be tapped into the factory connector wiring). If you bought the proper bulbs, no need for any resistors or anything else, just insert into the bulb holder and guaranteed not to hyperflash. The only thing that is a little bit troublesome is to trim (not cut) or sand off some of the notches that stick out of the aftermarket bulb holder to ensure a good and tight fit.

Attachments

Last edited:
I got my switchback LED turn signals as linked in my post above, and they seem to work just fine. They don't hyper flash, but I still have the regular bulbs in the rear turn signals and mirrors. They are pretty bright, and they look great with my LED headlights I picked up: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1LTQ92

20210511_182001.jpg

I'm still running halogens for my high beams (which I'll probably replace sometime soon) and fog lights (which I will probably leave since a more yellow light will work better there)

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got my switchback LED turn signals as linked in my post above, and they seem to work just fine. They don't hyper flash, but I still have the regular bulbs in the rear turn signals and mirrors. They are pretty bright, and they look great with my LED headlights I picked up: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1LTQ92

View attachment 40469

I'm still running halogens for my high beams (which I'll probably replace sometime soon) and fog lights (which I will probably leave since a more yellow light will work better there)
Glad it worked out. Not sure what will happen with mine, but at least we know yours work.
I'm only interested in plug-n-play.

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1LTQ92 View attachment 40469 I'm still running halogens for my high beams (which I'll probably replace sometime soon) and fog lights (which I will probably leave since a more yellow light will work better there)[/QUOTE]
I got my switchback LED turn signals as linked in my post above, and they seem to work just fine. They don't hyper flash, but I still have the regular bulbs in the rear turn signals and mirrors. They are pretty bright, and they look great with my LED headlights I picked up: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1LTQ92 View attachment 40469 I'm still running halogens for my high beams (which I'll probably replace sometime soon) and fog lights (which I will probably leave since a more yellow light will work better there)
If the fornt ones don't hyperflash then you can use the same bulbs for the rears. They are the same socket type. For the mirror turn signal bulbs they are the t10 type. If you can open the cover it is not difficult to change the bulb.

Glad it worked out. Not sure what will happen with mine, but at least we know yours work.
I'm only interested in plug-n-play.
Same here, I really don't want to mess with my wiring harness. Time will tell how they hold up in the long run.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1LTQ92 View attachment 40469 I'm still running halogens for my high beams (which I'll probably replace sometime soon) and fog lights (which I will probably leave since a more yellow light will work better there)

If the fornt ones don't hyperflash then you can use the same bulbs for the rears. They are the same socket type. For the mirror turn signal bulbs they are the t10 type. If you can open the cover it is not difficult to change the bulb.
Good to know. I think 'm going to swap in some sequential LED turn signals in the mirrors next.