Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Experiences selling a fiesta ST?

Hi all,

I've owned my fez two happy years now and I'm looking to sell. I would imagine it's worth between 10-11k ish...

Has anyone had any luck selling a fiesta privately on auto trader and the such ? I've found in the past that selling a car privately around that price point can be tedious work (when selling my mk2 focus ST anyway...)

Obviously the spec and condition make all the difference and being priced sensibly..

Just looking for people's thoughts.

Thanks.

What's your year and mileage? Might help get a better price idea. Location also plays a big part. For example, here in New Mexico, there's only 2 for sale on AutoTrader that I can find. Even the one with 66k on the clock has a price of $15,000. In areas where they are harder to find, prices tend to creep up. As for the tedious work part of things, I would expect you're going to get a lot of people looking for joyrides which may be tough to weed through. All the best with your sale though!

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
Hi Crasch,

It's a 14 plate ST-3, molton orange with 27,000 miles. Every optional extra selected.

FWIW, I'd start the asking price off somewhere around $15,000. You can always negotiate down, never up. Don't sell yourself short and leave a bunch of money on the table.

Just realized you're UK local. Don't know the pricing differences there but it still stands to price higher and chip away slowly.

Honestly it might be an easier market on the EU side, it could be just as hard.
Many fists were "toy" cars for people and when shit hit the fan lots of people unloaded. There are quite a bit for sale because of that. Why spend 20 grand cash on a used one when you can also haggle to get a new one for a little more?

I traded my fist in, I didn't want to deal with the tire kickers anyways

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Honestly it might be an easier market on the EU side, it could be just as hard.
Many fists were "toy" cars for people and when shit hit the fan lots of people unloaded. There are quite a bit for sale because of that. Why spend 20 grand cash on a used one when you can also haggle to get a new one for a little more?

I traded my fist in, I didn't want to deal with the tire kickers anyways
What "shit" are you talking about? What have I missed?

My bad, I was referring to the economy. Past few years haven't been the greatest for everyone

rexdriver85

Anyone ever try to sell they're FiST, or any other vehicle for that matter to CarSense or CarMax? If so, how was the experience, and was the offer fair?

Anyone ever try to sell they're FiST, or any other vehicle for that matter to CarSense or CarMax? If so, how was the experience, and was the offer fair?
I worked briefly in the buyers office at my local CarMax. The one thing that stood out to me, and maybe this was particular at this location or that time period, was that ANY aftermarket parts would make them auction the car off instead of selling on the lot. In turn, the offer on something with even a minor bolt-on was severely low.

rexdriver85

I worked briefly in the buyers office at my local CarMax. The one thing that stood out to me, and maybe this was particular at this location or that time period, was that ANY aftermarket parts would make them auction the car off instead of selling on the lot. In turn, the offer on something with even a minor bolt-on was severely low.
Interesting, and it kind of makes sense, thanks for the info.

caliboy15

Well to be fair this totally depends on how much money you put down or how aggressive you were paying the principle.
no down
paid monthly

got the car for 21k otd with GAP and ESP

I owe $13700
dealer gave me $14000

got $700 back from GAP and ESP