Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM Brake Pads

DaveG99

Just ordered new pads at https://www.oemfordpart.com/

Rears: C1BZ-2200-A $51.97

Fronts: AY1Z-2001-D $67.33

Wonder if Im going to need rotors. You wouldnt think so at only 39k miles. Maybe just turn the rotors?

Last edited:

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I needed front rotors when I did mine at like 25k. They were worn in completely and only a few thou shy of minimum thickness. I didn't need rear pads or rotors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had 30k miles and I replaced the front and rear pads and rotors.

My car is a daily commuter and would have fallen below min specs on the new second set of pads.

Rotors are dirt cheap and easy to replace. Might as well change at the same time.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Just ordered new pads at https://www.oemfordpart.com/

Rears: C1BZ-2200-A $51.97

Fronts: AY1Z-2001-D $67.33

Wonder if Im going to need rotors. You wouldnt think so at only 39k miles. Maybe just turn the rotors?

If you get rotors, get OEM from RockAuto.com. they're much cheaper than oemfordpart.com. I think the front pads were only $55.

DaveG99

I ordered the rotors from rock auto and got them just fine. Oemfordparts only sent the rear pads!

Rock auto says they have brf1442 pads but the correct number of the ones I need is brf1494. And No dealer in Dallas has pads. Going to have to call oemfordparts and bitch. By the way this oemfordparts is just a ford dealer in Georgia. I'll probably never order from them again.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Damn that sucks. I hope you're not already metal on metal.

DaveG99

Damn that sucks. I hope you're not already metal on metal.

Its grinding in the front. I quit driving the car Monday when I heard the first grind sound. Not going to drive the car until I get these pads in. Thankfully I have a Chevy Silverado and a motorcycle. And I can have the wife drive me around in her car this weekend.

DaveG99

So the front pads came in separately. I'm going to install the new rotors and pads possibly tomorrow.

I recently switched to Hawk 5.0 pads (front only so far) because of what I've read about them.

I'll just say, in my experience, they're not quite as confidence inspiring as the stock pads. I may switch back to stock at some point if the muriatic acid ends up being a good way to keep my wheels clean of caked-on dust.

They took a long time to break in on my stock rotors, which was quite alarming initially. I did multiple break-in sessions before they felt right. Probably 3-4 brake ins in a local parking lot over the course of 2 weeks, along with the local and highway driving in-between.

Now, they feel good, but not great like the stock pads. Much less initial bite, which may be okay, though I'm worried it increases my braking distance. The overall grip seems comparable, but a little less grippy. I haven't done any insane braking to check the fade. Wish I could hop in a FiST with stock pads again and give it another go to compare now that I've tried these.
Bumping this comment because I completely agree. I'm not sure if I'm used to very hard braking but the Hawk 5.0 pads don't seem to brake as hard as the OEM pads did. I also had an almost scary break in that took weeks, the first 3 days the front brakes didn't create any friction and I was braking only using my rear brakes. I called Hawk at the time and they told me the pads may be glazed but that was it, I've been running them for a year now so they definitely aren't glazed. I feel like they aren't as consistent as the OEM pads were but I'll be throwing some new OEM pads back in soon just to see if I'm crazy or if they actually do seem to not be an improvement over OEM.

Interesting thread. I got rid of the front brake pads after 1K miles. The brake dust they generated was simply horrendous. In my 40 years of experience of working on and servicing cars and trucks I have never, ever seen so much brake dust. I was cleaning the front wheels daily. And it was stuck to the wheels like glue, ruining the wheels. Could be that it's so hot in the 90's all the time here, not sure. I got sick of it and searched everywhere for a set of replacements. I wanted Ceramic pads. I strongly considered Hawk but found that Autozone offered Ceramic front pads for $65.00 but special order. So I ordered them and have had them on since and I have 7K miles now. When I installed them I had so much brake dust to clean off of the calipers in only 1K miles. And my commute is mostly back roads with only a few stops so not much braking. Anyway I could not be happier with the Ceramic pads- so much less dust, no caking on the wheel and in my opinion they brake as good as the stock pads if not better. But I don't go to the track so I can't compare them to the stock brake pads.

The psychopaths at power Ford here in Albuquerque quoted me 280 some dollars for front pads and rotors. And they wouldnā€™t of been able to get them for me until the 2nd week of November [screwy]

The psychopaths at power Ford here in Albuquerque quoted me 280 some dollars for front pads and rotors. And they wouldnā€™t of been able to get them for me until the 2nd week of November [screwy]
Damn! I'm not surprised though. I'm looking into new pads and rotors. I'm at 27k miles. I love the stock brake feel. I'll probably go with OEM replacements through Rockauto.

Interesting thread. I got rid of the front brake pads after 1K miles. The brake dust they generated was simply horrendous. In my 40 years of experience of working on and servicing cars and trucks I have never, ever seen so much brake dust. I was cleaning the front wheels daily...I wanted Ceramic pads. I strongly considered Hawk but found that Autozone offered Ceramic front pads for $65.00 but special order. So I ordered them and have had them on since and I have 7K miles now...Anyway I could not be happier with the Ceramic pads- so much less dust, no caking on the wheel and in my opinion they brake as good as the stock pads if not better. But I don't go to the track so I can't compare them to the stock brake pads.
I can tell you that the dust from contemporary VWs, Audis, and BMWs sport models are just as bad. They are just as abundant BUT they aren't as sticky as the Fiesta's factory sport pad fitted in factory summer tires.

Can you tell us me how is the initial bite and pedal feel of the AutoZone's ceramic pads? In all of my last three German cars I changed to ceramic pads, the tradeoff was significantly less dust but the pedal feel was linear with more pedal travel effort and lost initial bite vs OEM.

I can tell you that the dust from contemporary VWs, Audis, and BMWs sport models are just as bad. They are just as abundant BUT they aren't as sticky as the Fiesta's factory sport pad fitted in factory summer tires.

Can you tell us me how is the initial bite and pedal feel of the AutoZone's ceramic pads? In all of my last three German cars I changed to ceramic pads, the tradeoff was significantly less dust but the pedal feel was linear with more pedal travel effort and lost initial bite vs OEM.
I did not feel any difference at all with the Ceramic pads. If anything I thought the bite was better. It definitely was not worse. I did keep the back pads stock but they do much less braking than the front. Overall I am very pleased with the Autozone ceramic pads and will get them again when they wear out.

I did not feel any difference at all with the Ceramic pads. If anything I thought the bite was better. It definitely was not worse. I did keep the back pads stock but they do much less braking than the front. Overall I am very pleased with the Autozone ceramic pads and will get them again when they wear out.
Maybe you had the OEM comfort pads. Which tires were on your car when you got it? The stock performance pads bite hard, I haven't felt a pad that has the same bite. I'm getting rid of my Hawk HPS 5.0's for OEM performance pads because I like the hard initial bite of the OEM pads. Even EBC RedStuff pads don't have anywhere near the same level of bite as the OEM pads.

Maybe you had the OEM comfort pads. Which tires were on your car when you got it? The stock performance pads bite hard, I haven't felt a pad that has the same bite. I'm getting rid of my Hawk HPS 5.0's for OEM performance pads because I like the hard initial bite of the OEM pads. Even EBC RedStuff pads don't have anywhere near the same level of bite as the OEM pads.
I was thinking the same. I have the OEM performance pads + Bridgestone RE50 summer tire combo and the bite is outstanding. Given my previous experiences with ceramic pad (vs. stock dusty performance pads), I can't imagine ceramic giving the same feeling as these OEM performance pads. They're so good I'd rather clean dust on weekly basis than change them out.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I was thinking the same. I have the OEM performance pads + Bridgestone RE50 summer tire combo and the bite is outstanding. Given my previous experiences with ceramic pad (vs. stock dusty performance pads), I can't imagine ceramic giving the same feeling as these OEM performance pads. They're so good I'd rather clean dust on weekly basis than change them out.
I feel the same way I clean the wheels first every time I wash the car. The OEM pads are very good.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Hello, I'm trying to get a friction reference point on the stock OEM pads. Has anybody had a chance to see what the friction rating is on the OEM pads ? It should be stamped or printed as a double letter FF or FG etc... First letter is for a cold pad, second for a hot pad. I have a brand new '18 and do like the cold bite but a bit grabby and dirty as heck. Mine came with the RE050's so suspect I have the performance pad option. The EBC Orange are a solid GG at 0.60 and the blues are supposed to be higher with very good cold bite, feel and release chracteristics and NOT grabby and last considerably longer. I'll trade that for dust any day. Gonna try the chemical guys MAXCOAT for easier cleaning. The turtle wax stuff is OK but does not last much past 2-3 washes. Don't waste your money. Thanks, Stan [unbelieveable]