Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

YouTube: I compare my 2014 Fiesta ST to my 2015 Mustang GT

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #21
I wonder if those C6 427 rag tops (basically a convertible C6 Z06) ever came down in price yet (or did they actually appreciate due to rarity??)?
$46,000 at Carmax here, I think I would still rather have a C7... the C7 LT1 has as much torque as that 7.0 below 3 o 4,000 rpms... something like that, but I bet that 427 is RAW! https://www.carmax.com/car/13987679

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #22
isn't you car out of warranty? time to throw a bigger turbo on it! LOL

Yeah man, I think so.

Oh, I happened to pass up the E85 gas station today! It's so cheap too, $2.35/!

I need to do the research on the tune for the stock turbo and upgrade etc, I know on the Mustang you can get 100 wheel HP out of just the E85 if you are blown... kinda crazy!

Are you running E85? I need to look up your build!

koozy

3000 Post Club
Yeah man, I think so.

They just opened up about 3 weeks ago, and about 3 years late. It's was 85 cents/gal for the grand opening. A really nice all new station and powered by the solar panels above the pumps.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah man, I think so.

For Cali, they are basically paying you to use it at that price, it's $2.32 here, where we can buy Shell V Power 93 E10 for $2.79 at some stations. ;)

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
If it were me- I'd just E30 tune the FiST, and put slicks on the Mustang. That'd be good for cheap fun.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #26
They just opened up about 3 weeks ago, and about 3 years late. It's was 85 cents/gal for the grand opening. A really nice all new station and powered by the solar panels above the pumps.
Why too late?

Ahh, I knew something looked cool and new about it, like spaceship futuristic new and silver shiny.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #27
For Cali, they are basically paying you to use it at that price, it's $2.32 here, where we can buy Shell V Power 93 E10 for $2.79 at some stations. ;)

Nice, so since you burn more E85 than 93 its a wash regarding cost of fuel. But much more power potential and less risk of detonation right?

koozy

3000 Post Club
Why too late?

Ahh, I knew something looked cool and new about it, like spaceship futuristic new and silver shiny.
Expected completion date posted on their website, and how long I've been waiting Lol. The next closest one on the westside with e85 is in Brentwood @ Conservfuels on Bundy & San Vincente.

http://www.pearsonfuels.com/stations/w-los-angeles/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nice, so since you burn more E85 than 93 its a wash regarding cost of fuel. But much more power potential and less risk of detonation right?
CORRECT, and I am NOT complaining, since this car burns so little fuel (at least in city/non-highway use, as compared to what my LS1 Z28 did), that the slightly higher consumption of the E30 mix does not even matter. [:)]

I do not even have an E30 tune yet from Strat (I am even still on the factory tune), but I will run an E25/E30 mix just as a 'headroom' safeguard when I do load up the Strat Flash tune I already have in the AP, until I can do the whole E30 tune process. ;)

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #33
Expected completion date posted on their website, and how long I've been waiting Lol. The next closest one on the westside with e85 is in Brentwood @ Conservfuels on Bundy & San Vincente.

http://www.pearsonfuels.com/stations/w-los-angeles/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I knew about the one over there.

Thats great man, its becoming more available and I might have to switch eventually.

The flex fuel tunes seem to be where its at, so you aren't limited.

Is yours tuned so that you can run both 91 or e85 and everything between?

Waterfan

Do you have an AccessPort for your FiST yet? Even the OTS tune (e.g. COBB) helps wake it up (torque limiter removed on 1st and 2nd gears, a bit of timing advance and conservative boost)

I only run 91 craptane, but yeah, you can have multiple programs (for different fueling or w/e) and change on the fly with AccessPort. Not necessarily "everything in between" but specific corn concentrations, E30 seems to be the most popular (I'm just a casual observer).

koozy

3000 Post Club
Yeah, I knew about the one over there.

Thats great man, its becoming more available and I might have to switch eventually.

The flex fuel tunes seem to be where its at, so you aren't limited.

With the FiST we aren't able to run straight e85 or blends in between freely like true flex fuel vehicles due to the high pressure fuel pumps limitation. That is why you see people state they run e40 or e50 for example, where they blend e85 and 91 octane to achieve that ratio. There are calculators available, test tubes, and digital content analyzers, which is what I have to indicate what blend ratio is in my tank. It may seem difficult, but it's really not. I just pull up at the pump and typically put in 4 gals of e85 and then fill the rest with 91, drive about ~3 miles to allow the fuels to mix in the tank, confirm with the ethanol content analyzer and then have a good time.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #36
CORRECT, and I am NOT complaining, since this car burns so little fuel (at least in city/non-highway use, as compared to what my LS1 Z28 did), that the slightly higher consumption of the E30 mix does not even matter. [:)]

I do not even have an E30 tune yet from Strat (I am even still on the factory tune), but I will run an E25/E30 mix just as a 'headroom' safeguard when I do load up the Strat Flash tune I already have in the AP, until I can do the whole E30 tune process. ;)
I like that idea! I can imagine it would help on a hot day, with the a/c on, driving up a long hill in boost or canyon back roads, drag racing, or just heat soaked in traffic, I like it!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club

Having to wait a bit financially for the right time to purchase an E30 tune is killing me. Especially seeing numbers that people are putting up just with the tune alone.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #38
Do you have an AccessPort for your FiST yet? Even the OTS tune (e.g. COBB) helps wake it up (torque limiter removed on 1st and 2nd gears, a bit of timing advance and conservative boost)

I only run 91 craptane, but yeah, you can have multiple programs (for different fueling or w/e) and change on the fly with AccessPort. Not necessarily "everything in between" but specific corn concentrations, E30 seems to be the most popular (I'm just a casual observer).
I see, E30 seems the way to go.

I haven't decided if I am going to modify it or not, its such a great car stock. Like the best car I've ever driven that is so well sorted stock. There is literally nothing that needed upgrading besides the headlight bulbs and led interior bulbs. Hah!

Wish I could say that about the stang!

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #39
With the FiST we aren't able to run straight e85 or blends in between freely like true flex fuel vehicles due to the high pressure fuel pumps limitation. That is why you see people state they run e40 or e50 for example, where they blend e85 and 91 octane to achieve that ratio. There are calculators available, test tubes, and digital content analyzers, which is what I have to indicate what blend ratio is in my tank. It may seem difficult, but it's really not. I just pull up at the pump and typically put in 4 gals of e85 and then fill the rest with 91, drive about ~3 miles to allow the fuels to mix in the tank, confirm with the ethanol content analyzer and then have a good time.

The ethanol content analyzer is part of the handheld COBB thing or you have to add a device or is this manual haha, I can't imagine you getting out of the car, getting a turkey baster out of the trunk, putting it into the gas tank and then squirting it into a chemistry kit with the floaty ball thing inside, all while wearing gloves, glasses and a chemistry lab coat! [rofl]

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I see, E30 seems the way to go.

I haven't decided if I am going to modify it or not, its such a great car stock. Like the best car I've ever driven that is so well sorted stock. There is literally nothing that needed upgrading besides the headlight bulbs and led interior bulbs. Hah!

Wish I could say that about the stang!
If you want to have more fun above 5k rpm then look into the X-47 hybrid. Doesn't alter the lag much, if at all, but opens up the top end so much - ridiculous amounts of fun to be had now. I thought I loved this car before... now? Yep, that much more.