Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

YouTube: I compare my 2014 Fiesta ST to my 2015 Mustang GT

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I drove a 2015 GT w/performance package, 6-speed manual, w/aftermarket exhaust across a few states, and to be honest, I have more fun driving a FiST. I will say there's definitely more presence to be had with the mustang, though.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thanks man!!

Appreciate it!!!
Damn good thing I said nice things. Didn't think it was your video until I just put 2 and 2 together. LOL BTW recommendation. Just get some tires and autox the fiesta. Does not need more to have fun in it. FiST is made for AutoX

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #7
I drove a 2015 GT w/performance package, 6-speed manual, w/aftermarket exhaust across a few states, and to be honest, I have more fun driving a FiST. I will say there's definitely more presence to be had with the mustang, though.
Did you get to run it through the gears, all the way to redline?

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #8
Damn good thing I said nice things. Didn't think it was your video until I just put 2 and 2 together. LOL BTW recommendation. Just get some tires and autox the fiesta. Does not need more to have fun in it. FiST is made for AutoX

I'll take your tip, I actually misspoke when I said "autocross" I meant to say HPDEs

I have been to Willow Springs twice and it was amazing.

Have you done any AutoX or track days in yours?

I second the "just tires", these cars are setup already!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I'll take your tip, I actually misspoke when I said "autocross" I meant to say HPDEs

I have been to Willow Springs twice and it was amazing.

Have you done any AutoX or track days in yours?

I second the "just tires", these cars are setup already!
I have not had much chance locally but there are some twisty rural roads I know that I can let loose. May not be supercar fast but damn its fun.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Although it does not have quite the heat soak issues that the top mounted (Eaton/Magnuson, Whipple, Edelbrock, etc.) Roots style blowers do, I personally would NOT go to a Pro Charger on an open tracked/HPDE Stang.

I'd rather put that coin into the wheels/tires/suspension, possibly even into a BUILT TR6060 to replace the MT82, AND into pulling as much weight out of it as (in)humanly possible! ;)

BTW; I actually DO get compliments/thumbs up on the FiST, sometimes even from diesel truck and musclecar drivers, especially with the black 1.2s on it as it sits now.
(But so does my son for his also all blacked out, '16 Stang, despite it being 'only' an EcoBoost, since we all KNOW how much power can be squeezed out of those!)

koozy

3000 Post Club
Welcome back Jake! you've been MIA for awhile. Nice video review and glad to see you still have the FiST. There' s E85 available now in Palms on National Blvd and Castle Heights if you ever venture to the dark side [biggrin]

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #14
Welcome back Jake! you've been MIA for awhile. Nice video review and glad to see you still have the FiST. There' s E85 available now in Palms on National Blvd and Castle Heights if you ever venture to the dark side [biggrin]
Thanks Koozy, I was working too much haha. Less work, more cars!

WHAT!!!!!

Yeah man, I might have to look into this....thanks for the tip

I want to film your car sometime!!!

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #16
Although it does not have quite the heat soak issues that the top mounted (Eaton/Magnuson, Whipple, Edelbrock, etc.) Roots style blowers do, I personally would NOT go to a Pro Charger on an open tracked/HPDE Stang.

I'd rather put that coin into the wheels/tires/suspension, possibly even into a BUILT TR6060 to replace the MT82, AND into pulling as much weight out of it as (in)humanly possible! ;)

BTW; I actually DO get compliments/thumbs up on the FiST, sometimes even from diesel truck and musclecar drivers, especially with the black 1.2s on it as it sits now.
(But so does my son for his also all blacked out, '16 Stang, despite it being 'only' an EcoBoost, since we all KNOW how much power can be squeezed out of those!)
I agree, the supercharger and road racing don't mix too well. I usually do a few laps and let the cars cool, I try not to beat the crap out of them too much, unless it is my old Civic... that thing would take it all day long! [ohcrap]

Agreed and the suspension etc. money well spent there, if we could get the dang weight down a bit! Maybe the 2020 Mustang will shave some pounds...

You are right, the ecoboost is a beast, I sometimes want an auto ecoboost for all this stop and go...might even be more fun in the traffic than the 5.0

How does he like his?

I misspoke, I have had complements and interest in the car from particular people. There are a select few people who can genuinely appreciate the car and what it is. Everyone else just doesn't get it haha

Those black 1.2s, post a picture! I almost bought some during their sale last year, great light weight wheels for the price.

Nice video.....I felt the same way when I saw Matt Farrah drive the RS for the first time....he seemed underwhelmed. Though, if you watch his last video of him tracking the RS, totally different reaction. I feel it takes time to fully understand and appreciate the RS, but when it reveals its capabilities, its an amazing car, it's not perfect. I love driving my FIST around town....its a keeper.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #18
Nice video.....I felt the same way when I saw Matt Farrah drive the RS for the first time....he seemed underwhelmed. Though, if you watch his last video of him tracking the RS, totally different reaction. I feel it takes time to fully understand and appreciate the RS, but when it reveals its capabilities, its an amazing car, it's not perfect. I love driving my FIST around town....its a keeper.
I'll have to check his latest video out.

I feel the Mustang GT is the same way in that regard, you don't get to use the potential of the car in a day to day fashion.

Basically the Fiesta ST is amazing for day to day because you can actually squirt it around town, whereas the cars with higher potentials aren't as fun around town sometimes.

Makes me think a C7 corvette with all the low end torque might be the best of both worlds!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Makes me think a C7 corvette with all the low end torque might be the best of both worlds!

I wonder if those C6 427 rag tops (basically a convertible C6 Z06) ever came down in price yet (or did they actually appreciate due to rarity??)?