Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerflex Motor Mount Inserts

I got a weird one for you guys...

6 months ago I installed the black power flex inserts in the passenger and drivers side motor mounts on my 2016 FiST. Loved the way the car shifted but on days bellow 40 degrees the drone was just unbearable. I don't take away from the performance benefits but as its my day driver in New England, and it was just too much so I took them out. The car has never been right since.

I was getting a squeaking noise from the passenger side mount and excessive engine movement. Figured it was broken so I replaced it with a brand new OEM one. This fixed it for a while but after a few thousand miles i'm getting excessive engine movement again and lots of clunking. If I drive in traffic and i'm in second gear and I let off the gas the engine rocks and then when I get back on the gas no matter how smooth the engine jolts and I can hear the mount clunking. It is particularly noticeable when its cold out.

Does anybody have Any ideas on why I keep breaking mounts?

The only thought I had was I wonder if the engine isn't aligned properly in the car. My buddy has a 2018 that is fully stock and I noticed his engine sits lower than mine by about a 1/2 inch to inch. I tried to lower the engine but couldn't get it any lower than it is.

I have tracked the car but I have not launched it or been abusive. Car has 55,000 miles, Its had a mountune rear motor mount since 5,000.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I got a weird one for you guys...

6 months ago I installed the black power flex inserts in the passenger and drivers side motor mounts on my 2016 FiST. Loved the way the car shifted but on days bellow 40 degrees the drone was just unbearable. I don't take away from the performance benefits but as its my day driver in New England, and it was just too much so I took them out. The car has never been right since.

I was getting a squeaking noise from the passenger side mount and excessive engine movement. Figured it was broken so I replaced it with a brand new OEM one. This fixed it for a while but after a few thousand miles i'm getting excessive engine movement again and lots of clunking. If I drive in traffic and i'm in second gear and I let off the gas the engine rocks and then when I get back on the gas no matter how smooth the engine jolts and I can hear the mount clunking. It is particularly noticeable when its cold out.

Does anybody have Any ideas on why I keep breaking mounts?

The only thought I had was I wonder if the engine isn't aligned properly in the car. My buddy has a 2018 that is fully stock and I noticed his engine sits lower than mine by about a 1/2 inch to inch. I tried to lower the engine but couldn't get it any lower than it is.

I have tracked the car but I have not launched it or been abusive. Car has 55,000 miles, Its had a mountune rear motor mount since 5,000.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Your Mountune mount may be wearing out.

haste

1000 Post Club
Yep, the Mountune roll restrictor is known to have issues. If it's been on your car for that long, that is most likely your issue.