Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerflex Motor Mount Inserts

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I emailed you thanks back already, but thank you again man, that's very considerate! But no passenger side inserts carried any more? I'm assuming the new bolt will help prevent slop on that side at least and between the upper front and trans mounts I should be good for now...
The upper engine mount insert is the passenger side insert. The upgraded bolt is necessary because the stock bolt doesn't like the upgraded mount insert and can break.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The upper engine mount insert is the passenger side insert. The upgraded bolt is necessary because the stock bolt doesn't like the upgraded mount insert and can break.
So is the trans mount the driver side? heh, sorry, it's just a little confusing after so much info intake, thanks for explaining!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That would be correct.
Since you are so knowledgeable, thanks again, do you think the passenger side insert with bolt and trans/driver side insert along with my existing RMM that I like will be a good combo? Do you personally think by upgrading those mounts and adding a traction bar will help with torque steer?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Since you are so knowledgeable, thanks again, do you think the passenger side insert with bolt and trans/driver side insert along with my existing RMM that I like will be a good combo? Do you personally think by upgrading those mounts and adding a traction bar will help with torque steer?
Absolutely. I was browsing the Focus ST forums I noticed there was quite the amount of positive feedback on the two point traction bars for torque steer.

Absolutely. I was browsing the Focus ST forums I noticed there was quite the amount of positive feedback on the two point traction bars for torque steer.

like this? I'm thinking about getting this also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
like this? I'm thinking about getting this also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Focus ST guys seem to love them. For the price it's worth a shot. I don't have one, but I would like to do a 6 point brace one day. I plan to keep stock Turbo and suspension in terms of shocks and springs. so I figured I could put every brace on it imaginable instead. Definitely going to try the rear torsion bar upgrade next year.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The Focus ST guys seem to love them. For the price it's worth a shot. I don't have one, but I would like to do a 6 point brace one day. I plan to keep stock Turbo and suspension in terms of shocks and springs. so I figured I could put every brace on it imaginable instead. Definitely going to try the rear torsion bar upgrade next year.
Honestly, the '16.5+ already have the upgraded torsion bar and already likes to oversteer. Personally I'm only worried about the front crossmember and possibly mid subframe bracing, but what does does bracing the rear torsion help with?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Honestly, the '16.5+ already have the upgraded torsion bar and already likes to oversteer. Personally I'm only worried about the front crossmember and possibly mid subframe bracing, but what does does bracing the rear torsion help with?
Improved stability at higher speeds in both straightline and corners over uneven surfaces!

~Reduces rear toe change over bumps/curbing/helps with rear bump steer! ******************************

~Improved balance helping both turn in and mid corner grip! ******************************

~Helps reduce dreaded FWD understeer!!! *****************************

*~Will enhance both spirited Daily Drivers, Track and Race cars alike!

http://www.piercemotorsport.com/2014-2018-fiesta-st-rear-torsion-bar/

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Improved stability at higher speeds in both straightline and corners over uneven surfaces!

~Reduces rear toe change over bumps/curbing/helps with rear bump steer! ******************************

~Improved balance helping both turn in and mid corner grip! ******************************

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Funny thing is the picture shows it incorrectly installed! [facepalm]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Funny thing is the picture shows it incorrectly installed! [facepalm]
What am I missing? It looks right to me? The pierce is built a little different from the one you installed.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

danbfree

3000 Post Club

I don't think points 1 and 3 really apply to the '16.5+ that have the thicker bar from the factory, it already doesn't bump steer or have understeer compared to ANY rear twist beam I've driven before, but I guess for the those going all out, sure, why not? But interesting, thanks for explaining further.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I finally got the chance to read through the whole thread and thanks to all of you guys who posted clear step by step for installing... I have the Traction Bar and both mount inserts with bolt upgrade to do on Sunday, hope I can pull it off with minimal help. I'm still quite the amateur mechanic, even the Symposer delete was a PIA for me, but that is clearly in a tight spot to get to and I learn more each time I tackle something! Hopefully with these things in place I can chill on the upgrades for a bit and at least truly enjoy my e30 tune to it's fullest!

jeff

2000 Post Club
I finally got the chance to read through the whole thread and thanks to all of you guys who posted clear step by step for installing... I have the Traction Bar and both mount inserts with bolt upgrade to do on Sunday, hope I can pull it off with minimal help. I'm still quite the amateur mechanic, even the Symposer delete was a PIA for me, but that is clearly in a tight spot to get to and I learn more each time I tackle something! Hopefully with these things in place I can chill on the upgrades for a bit and at least truly enjoy my e30 tune to it's fullest!
You can do it. Take your time, if things don't fit correctly move the jack around a wee bit and try again. If you get overly stressed and it seems impossible, go inside and come back in a few hours with fresh eyes. Oftentimes when I'm stuck I just keep at it and eventually figure it out. With the bar, you can also move the tires around (up and down) to get it to set just right in the suspension, since the car is in the air. That helped me a good bit.

Which traction bar are you installing?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You can do it. Take your time, if things don't fit correctly move the jack around a wee bit and try again. If you get overly stressed and it seems impossible, go inside and come back in a few hours with fresh eyes. Oftentimes when I'm stuck I just keep at it and eventually figure it out. With the bar, you can also move the tires around (up and down) to get it to set just right in the suspension, since the car is in the air. That helped me a good bit.

Which traction bar are you installing?
TB Performance, they used to have the actual "Traction Bar" Trademark so that's why I capitalize it. :)

Anyway, I'm gonna do it at my buddy's house and he has every tool imaginable so I think it should make for it to be a lot easier... I know you did both side mounts separately but since I'm doing both in the same session, do you recommend doing one side or the other first, like one side could use the extra slack/gap to knock out first easier?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So gave up on doing the Traction Bar yesterday, only had a huge jack available that blocked me from getting the jack stand in the right spot and my buddy, who was probably just being lazy despite lots of mechanical experience said that it was too hard to break free after getting under there with one side jacked up... but THEN later on broke out an impact wrench to help me with the passenger side insert and bolt replacement. Wow, major added vibes, my main thoughts are A. Is this really the street version, of course it is since it's yellow, but B. Then maybe it could act as a flat out replacement for that stock ring since it's thicker and tougher, instead of being added in there, interesting! I haven't even gotten to the driver side yet but noticed a big improvement in solid feeling but still am shocked at just how much vibes there are, FAR more than adding a medium stiff 75a RMM.