Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: Honest review X47 turbo
36 Likes

  1. #81
    New Member Akumu's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    10453
    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    I think you missed the point. The reason the Camry is brought up is because you could be at a light or on the interstate feeling great about how fast your ST is, but then be easily outrun by a mom or 50 year old guy as you mentioned who didn’t even know they were racing you, they were just rushing to Walmart.

    It’s not that people buy these vanilla cars to go fast. It’s that they can go faster than your car but they’re not even trying.
    I see now that it's the principle of the thing. The fact that the car next to the sporty car driver can accelerate past a stock/lightly tuned ST (and others) without even trying is the major rub to the ego.

    However as mentioned in my post why is the vaunted V6 Camry also mentioned across all of the other forums with all of those other cars? Same principle? Are all car folks this insecure? (I ask coming from motorcycles.)

    I just find it odd since the Camry is a people carrier and every other car that I mentioned is decidedly not a people carrier that it should matter. I guess it matters BECAUSE it's a people carrier, huh?

    Oh well.

  2. #82
    Member 379 Rep Points TDavis's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8707
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Columbia
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    864
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    379


    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Actually that's not true, in my case I have traction control added to my tune and customized, I can launch with little drama and be to 60 in 5-6 seconds easy. If I did it correctly and all the stars were aligned I bet I could get a low 5 from 0-60.

    Still, a V6 Camry or heck a new Pilot will still be about neck and neck. That's my point, even with the FiST getting an upgraded turbo it's still not that fast when you compare it to what's out there.

    If you want a fast hatch you can launch, get a used Golf R and put about $3k of mods into it, you'll do 0-60 in 4 seconds every time.

    Put $5k in it and you'll do it in 2.99.



    Bottom line Fiesta isn't the fastest thing out there, even with upgrades. That was my point in bringing up the V6 Camry. I don't think my car is "fast" in the grand scheme of things. Just fun and pretty quick.
    You don't want to compare AWD to FWD when comparing the R to the FiST. If the FiST was AWD then it would be a monster like the R.

    Also, I wouldn't want to own a Golf R out of warranty.
    Ford Master Tech.
    2017 Fiesta ST Platinum White Tri-Coat
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

  3. #83
    Senior Member 1028 Rep Points jeff's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    3995
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Evans
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,492
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1028


    Quote Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
    I see now that it's the principle of the thing. The fact that the car next to the sporty car driver can accelerate past a stock/lightly tuned ST (and others) without even trying is the major rub to the ego.

    However as mentioned in my post why is the vaunted V6 Camry also mentioned across all of the other forums with all of those other cars? Same principle? Are all car folks this insecure? (I ask coming from motorcycles.)

    I just find it odd since the Camry is a people carrier and every other car that I mentioned is decidedly not a people carrier that it should matter. I guess it matters BECAUSE it's a people carrier, huh?

    Oh well.
    Yessir that is exactly what I was trying to communicate. The fact that it is a vanilla people carrier makes it all the more disturbing that it's faster than the ST.

    Quote Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
    You don't want to compare AWD to FWD when comparing the R to the FiST. If the FiST was AWD then it would be a monster like the R.

    Also, I wouldn't want to own a Golf R out of warranty.
    Cars are cars no matter the drivetrain, all is fair when you're having legal fun on the roads. We're talking about being humble and not thinking that just because you put some coin into your FiST that it's the fastest thing on the road.

    I agree about the VW out of warranty, I test drove one and was choosing between it and the Fiesta ST and reliability was a major deterrent which is one reason I went with the ST. That and the ST has way more personality, the R is fast but boring. I'm gonna be dead soon, I need to have some fun here on earth.
    Hey, check out my build thread!

  4. #84
    Member 379 Rep Points TDavis's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8707
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Columbia
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    864
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    379


    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Yessir that is exactly what I was trying to communicate. The fact that it is a vanilla people carrier makes it all the more disturbing that it's faster than the ST.



    Cars are cars no matter the drivetrain, all is fair when you're having legal fun on the roads. We're talking about being humble and not thinking that just because you put some coin into your FiST that it's the fastest thing on the road.

    I agree about the VW out of warranty, I test drove one and was choosing between it and the Fiesta ST and reliability was a major deterrent which is one reason I went with the ST. That and the ST has way more personality, the R is fast but boring. I'm gonna be dead soon, I need to have some fun here on earth.
    We were comparing stoplight runs/0-60. Drivetrain matters in those cases so you still can't compare the two.
    Ford Master Tech.
    2017 Fiesta ST Platinum White Tri-Coat
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

  5. #85
    Senior Member 1028 Rep Points jeff's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    3995
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Evans
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,492
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1028


    1 Likes

    Quote Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
    We were comparing stoplight runs/0-60. Drivetrain matters in those cases so you still can't compare the two.
    Whatever man. I’m pretty sure that in all the thousands of 0-60 lists and reviews out there nobody has one list for FWD and a separate one for AWD.
    Hey, check out my build thread!

  6. #86
    New Member 20 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    10819
    Medals
     
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Ithaca
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    20


    Re: the Golf R. The only thing it has in common with a FiST is the hatch form factor. The FiST is light, tossable and cheap. The R is heavy, “tourable” and spendy. FWD/AWD, DSG/manual. Just different genera altogether. Pick your preferred characteristics and get to it. The heads up comparo makes little sense as like vs like. And the Camry.....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #87
    Senior Member 1028 Rep Points jeff's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    3995
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Evans
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,492
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1028


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quick update, I posted this elsewhere but for anyone following this thread that might not have seen this....had the car dyno'd last week....

    304whp/337wtq on RG additive
    277whp/322wtq on 93 octane

    Turbo has 15,000 miles on it now. I'm getting 28ish city and 36ish hwy MPG.

    Interestingly, I'm making 31lbs of airflow on a panel filter, stock airbox (sold the CP-E, too much whooshing)...

    Have not had any issues with the turbo whatsoever.

    Funny story, a few months ago a guy in my neighborhood with a new 2018 STi tried to bully me and I showed him what was up. That was on the road going into our neighborhood, so once we entered (I was in front ) the neighborhood he pulled up next to me and asked "What is that?" referring to my car. I told him it was a 1.6 liter Ford Fiesta. About a month ago I noticed his STi was gone and replaced with an SUV. Probably unrelated but it is sort of funny...


    Hey, check out my build thread!

 

 
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •