Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trying to buy a new 17 Fiesta ST

Hello,
with news that they will stop making the Fiesta ST, is my best time to buy a new one now?
I'm looking at a Fiesta and the best price OTD my local dealer was able to give me was 24.8k OTD and I'm in Central Valley California.
It doesn't seem like the pricing here for new Fiestas ST with Recaros+Moonroof is any better than that. I'll try my best to haggle em' down but I doubt they'll go lower. I could always try going down to the city like Los Angeles and try to see if they can beat that price.
In other states people can get them for 21k and under but it doesn't seem possible here. Should I wait? or is now going to be as good as it gets for these now out of production vehicles?

I'm looking for a Fiesta ST with Recaros for sure, I'm not even sure about the moonroof. I'm not a track person, so it doesn't bother me about the weight imbalance it brings. I'm just looking for a sporty daily.
Thanks!

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
A flight and driving back home can be cheaper if you find the right dealer. That's what I ended up doing. I know Sound Ford (Seattle area) can get really good prices as a volume dealer. I have no idea to their current inventory and discounts.

Go to ford.com and build one, then let it do a dealer search to find out who has one or has ordered one. The 2017s are hard to find that are not stripped down versions. When I was looking I found one exactly like one I had built, but it was just ordered and the dealer would not sell it to me until it showed up on their doorstep.

You should be able to find a reasonable deal within CA but you may have to travel a bit. I'm also from the Central Valley and was searching for an ST last year about the same time. Searched as far south as LA and north as Sac but ended up finding the best deal locally.

What options do you specifically want? Just Recaros and Sunroof? I had to compromise. I wanted a base car but the best price on a Kona Blue car I could find had black wheels and nav so I took those options.

Oddly enough I didn't find any retail incentives for Bakersfield zips but using Fresno zip they are offering $1250.

Available Incentives using 93720 (Fresno)

Retail Bonus Customer Cash
Program #13082: Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 10/02/2017. See dealer for complete details.
Amount: $500, Offer Valid: Jul 6, 2017-Oct 2, 2017

Retail Customer Cash
Program #13078: Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 10/02/2017. See dealer for complete details.
Amount: $750, Offer Valid: Jul 6, 2017-Oct 2, 2017

Configured with Recaros and sunroof here is the breakdown:

Base MSRP
$21,140
Total Of Options
$2,840
Destination Charges
$875
Total MSRP
$24,855
Less Incentives ($1250)
$23,605

I would expect the dealer to discount $1000 at least, maybe after a little haggling. My dealer was offering $1500 off before incentives which was the lowest price I found before haggling.

On your ST, OTD price would land around $24,900 assuming 9% tax and dealer contribution of $1000 and $1250 factory cash (not including any financing charges). So I'd say they are offering a reasonable deal. I was hearing about amazing deals from the forums but rarely did users declare the actual transaction prices including taxes and dealer fees. If you really like the car, go for it. It's a great little package and tons of fun even just daily driving.

My 2017 had a sticker of 26250, 27672 with TTL. Ford discount 1000 and the dealer gave me 2400. They would not negotiate any farther. The only other FiST in the area were base and either white or grey.
I did have many dealers calling me and offering an extra 2-3k off if I took a base FiST, but I wanted a color and Recaros.

Try True Car, you will have emails from dealers telling you they have the car you want, even if they don't, just to get you in the door. But you can use their discounts to leverage against the other dealers.

[MENTION=8349]Bojangles[/MENTION] If you can deal with a base ST, I drove this one in Watsonville, CA at $17,438 http://www.midbayfordwatsonville.co...10a0e0a6b505409ae165d98f5.htm?searchDepth=2:3 I just didn't want black so I got a hell of a deal on a white one. It was a battle mentally though having that much off from a dealer without haggling and instead getting the white one. Funny part was that they also had a used 2016 for $18,400. At the worst you can use it as leverage against a more local dealer. If you call them, you can ask for Omar. I didn't buy my white 2017 there but he was good to talk to and will deal wherever possible.

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
Oh yeah, I was able to snag one with the options I wanted Recaros and Moonroof for 23.5k. Black 2017 Fiesta ST. It took a while but I finally got one hah. Thank again everyone for the info!

Oh yeah, I was able to snag one with the options I wanted Recaros and Moonroof for 23.5k. Black 2017 Fiesta ST. It took a while but I finally got one hah. Thank again everyone for the info!
was that out the door all fees included?

The struggle is real. I searched and searched for my FiST and ended up getting our local dealer to price match a dealer nearby. Maybe if you do some research, you could get them to do the same?