Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Buttonillow - Speed Ventures - July 29-&30 - Discount Code

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
Yep forecast is 97 on Sunday. I am interested to see if I run into overheating issues, so far the hottest temps I have been out in was 85.

Yep forecast is 97 on Sunday. I am interested to see if I run into overheating issues, so far the hottest temps I have been out in was 85.
I was out there in April with 85 degree temps and I didnt over hear on the stock Rad. I have a Mountune Rad now so im curious to see how it holds up.

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
I was out there in April with 85 degree temps and I didnt over hear on the stock Rad. I have a Mountune Rad now so im curious to see how it holds up.
F' me - Forecast now has a high of 104, if I survive on my stock radiator it will be a miracle.

OP
K
Thread Starter #9
So I was able to run all 5 sessions without overheating. Coolant temps got up to 239° at one point but mostly hovered around 220° - 230°. I can only monitor coolant temps on my mTune device so no idea on my oil temps. This was me pushing the car as much as I could within my skill level (novice), but was able to turn a handful of laps at 2:15.

I told myself if I overheated (limp mode) that I would upgrade the radiator, but since I was able to abuse it at ambient temps over 100° I think I am going to hold off.

The real question is, how safe is it to run these cars at 230°F for 20 minute sessions? Ideally I would leave the cooling system stock (under warranty still) but If I am going to be causing premature wear on the engine I would rather upgrade sooner then later.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
People on here will say it's fine

But if 250 is limp mode then I'm not wanting to be 15 degrees away from it

koozy

3000 Post Club
fyi, once coolant temps reach 220f ecu knocks power down to save itself. search the forum it's been documented.