Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sparco Seat install + Airbag bypass. '16 FiST

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
But with the resistor 'fix', ALL of the other air bags will function?

Which seats would be considered 'unsafe' in a crash with a still functioning steering wheel air bag, only one piece, fixed racing shell seats, or even all of the (TUV, etc. approved for on road use) aftermarket recliners as well? [dunno]

TemecFist

But with the resistor 'fix', ALL of the other air bags will function?

Which seats would be considered 'unsafe' in a crash with a still functioning steering wheel air bag, only one piece, fixed racing shell seats, or even all of the (TUV, etc. approved for on road use) aftermarket recliners as well? [dunno]
Yes. With the resistors, all of the other airbags will work. At least this is what was explained to me, I obviously have not tested it. Lol.
I would think that all of the seats would be safe provided that some precautions are taken (ie: roll bar with a fixed seat, etc) and as long as the seat belts are not hindered in any way.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna jam the resistor into the connector and electrical tape the crap out of it, but does it matter which side (red bands or gold bands) go into which part of the connector?

TemecFist

I'm just gonna jam the resistor into the connector and electrical tape the crap out of it, but does it matter which side (red bands or gold bands) go into which part of the connector?
Nope, not for me it didnt. I did exactly what your saying. I jammed it in, then wrapped the crap out of it with electrical tape. No problems 2 years later.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
The colored bands are to identify the capacity of the resistor. The polarity doesn't matter. Aka shove 'er in there.

does anyone have a write up on the passenger seat sensor?
this is fine for the drivers side but i have yet to see anything about the passenger side.
i t has the weight sensor on that

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
does anyone have a write up on the passenger seat sensor?
this is fine for the drivers side but i have yet to see anything about the passenger side.
i t has the weight sensor on that
What do you want to know? I recently removed one from a passenger seat and @Woods247 installed one.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
What do you want to know? I recently removed one from a passenger seat and @Woods247 installed one.
Yeah your install will be easiest (and passengers will be safest) if you have a passenger occupancy mat to put in the new seat. You can use a resistor for the seat airbag like the driver side if you’re using aftermarket seats.

I have a 17 with Recaros, and the height is good in the lowest position. I'm looking at aftermarket seats, but don't want to go any higher than the Recaros' lowest position.
In general, with aftermarket base and sliders, how do the aftermarket seats heights compare to the Recaros' lowest position?
Do the one-piece and two-piece seats tend to sit at the same height?