Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

deAutoLED H11 Anti-glare HID bulbs

Not bad kit at all!! I got mine from allxenon.com and got 2 kits one kit was just to try it for the price and the second one was their Higher end kit (Hylux Kit)

I was really surprised with the low end one for the money not bad at all ($28) I wouldnt mind using them on the fogs. But the Hylux kit is right one!! I kept on hearing good things about them online and I see why now. Check out their website, def worth checking them out!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Same shit different bulb. I'm very disappointed. It turns out the passenger side bulb was the defective one. Their kits are supposed to come with bulbs like the side glare bastard on the driver side.

(omitting pics and links for space reasons)

The side glare is still just as intense.

I still think they have a solid product. Their isn't any glare from any other angle but the side. Not excusing it but if i blind someone at a traffic light it doesn't pose a danger and i'll be mindful to check for squinting drivers at every intersection. Maybe some ugly ass tint on the sides of the headlights? Function over form....maybe. I'll still do a drive by test tonight and decide if I'm keeping them. Pricey experiment. Dammit.

Got a cool avatar pic out of it tho lol
So, didn't see this review first as it was too buried but I ordered these and couldn't even get both sides to stay working through the install and both sides eventually just died, they are a little fragile apparently and I'm not the greatest mechanic... so they swapped me to the LED's and they were too bright and just overwhelmed the housings... SOME side glare is normal with our housings with ANY bulb that is decently bright and I think it's intentional to help light up the sides better, some headlight eyelids can always help there too... But yes, DeAutoKey support is awesome, they are even sending me a set of reverse light LED's to offset my 2x return shipping. Highly recommend them for everything but headlights including markers, blinkers, stop lights, reverse lights, interior, just double check the bulb size to order as their pages are set up as VW specific applications but the right sizes are all there.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Or just put halogens back in.
Honestly halogens in our cars are damn near straight dangerous they are so dim... Thankfully there are many more good LED's now that truly have a clean cutoff with no glare, it's a matter of getting ones that aren't ridiculously bright that they just overwhelm our housings... all decently bright bulbs of any kind will have that side output, it's just hidden with dim halogen bulbs... I thought some side glare was supposed to be there for safety, actually, but anyway, the $35 TechMax LED's work great, just the perfect amount of brightness without overwhelming the housings.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #25
I forgot to update this thread but i decided to keep them. I've only been flashed twice and both times i was coming up a hill and obviously with the nose angled up they must've got blasted by glare. but i get blasted from factory HID SUVs alllll the time so if a factory fitment is gonna be blinding i figure my setup isn't as bad. And as danbfree said, oem halogens are dangerous. They were practically non-existent on rainy nights.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I forgot to update this thread but i decided to keep them. I've only been flashed twice and both times i was coming up a hill and obviously with the nose angled up they must've got blasted by glare. but i get blasted from factory HID SUVs alllll the time so if a factory fitment is gonna be blinding i figure my setup isn't as bad. And as danbfree said, oem halogens are dangerous. They were practically non-existent on rainy nights.
Yep, it's really too bad I couldn't get them to work, the one side I had up and running looked great but by the time I swapped stuff around they were ruined apparently. They took good care of me and sent me out the LED's, see how bad they were in our housing here, but I just got the TechMax LED's in last night and they are very good... But DeAutoLED is sending me some free reverse LED's to compensate me for 2x return shipping, so indeed great customer service.. Bottom-line I think the reflector HID's they sell are great if you are very careful on installation, remove the headlights and take your time and do it right... here is their DeAutoLED's, so I recommend everyone to avoid them and get the HID's or another set of LED's, I have thread going for that too.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
These are the ONLY HID's out there that are designed for reflectors, but it's not that gray strip, it's mainly because the bulb itself/lighting capsule is actually much shorter and in the same position as a halogen filament. The problem is, with ANY bulb brighter than the garbage halogen, even IF designed with the halogen filament in mind, is that the reflectors can also only handle so much extra brightness before causing excessive glare regardless of the design.. for example, if there was such a thing as a super bright halogen that was optional and didn't melt the wiring etc, you'd still have glare depending on how much brighter than a regular halogen is. Now, in lots of testing we've found the TechMax to be a very decent LED but even then it has a little excess glare, I was flashed once on a very foggy day when the fog created more scatter. So I eventually went with Euro projectors, there are very good quality Depo replicas for about $350 shipped for the pair and even with a "halogen projector", as long as you use LED's or this one HID set actually designed for halogen placement then they work great. For those staying with the reflectors I'd use the chart HERE. They test on a VW reflector but you can tell which ones are eityher perfect or near perfect cutoff with the least amount of light/darkest areas above the cutoff that means no glare. So yes, you CAN upgrade your reflector bulbs but HAVE to be super careful about what you pick. LED's have comea LONG ways in the last few years but still require a lot of research to make sure you get the right ones. I tried "regular" HID's in my new Euro's and they had tons of glare. Swapped to Katana LED's which are very highly rated for halogen projectors and am near perfect with great output.