Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E30 tune. Am I missing out?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I have high quality E85 readily available near me. Just about every gas station has it, including the groceries. It's easily 50c cheaper than 93 and the Stripes/Sunoco stations near me consistently test 85-90% content. I am currently stage 2 on a Stratified flash tune (no revisions) and am pretty dang happy with it. I keep reading about guys that drive sometimes hours to get their E85. Am I missing out?

I already get terrible mpg (22-23) so I don't really want to lose any more. What kind of difference has everyone been getting, both in actual power or vdyno or even butt dyno, and in fuel economy?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As far as MPG goes, I have found that in total overall cost, the lower mileage one gets using an E25/30 blend is offset by the reduced cost per gallon that you have noted above (around here it is fully $0.70 less per gallon than name brand 93 E10).

Since I am currently still on the factory tune, it is hard to quantify any performance gains, but it does seem to run much smoother, at least according to the 'butt dyno'.

I DO plan on getting an E30 revision/addition from Stratified for the uninstalled 93 Flash Tune I have from them, once I ever get a chance to install the cp-e IC. ;)

I love it. I was on the fence since I have to drive 45+ minutes round trip to get E85, but it smooths out the engine as a whole and you can really feel the increase in power. Before E30, I would get almost a surging type feel when I would go WOT, but not with E30.

e30 is a big difference and really as far as you can take the stock turbo. Yes, you are missing out if you have not done it yet... especially at $75(mine was $95 with the Crackle and TC options). I have the Stratified e30 flash tune and it made a big difference over the 93. I was getting 28 mpg on the Stratified 93 tune, and Im on my 3rd tank of e30 and have averaged 26-27 on all 3 tanks.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
E30 tune makes the car feel completely different and I went with OTS. My VD numbers were 209hp/260tq versus stock which was 175hp/187tq and before I'd get 29-31mpg versus the 26-28mpg I get now and I'm pushing it all the time. The only engine mods I have are drop in filter, GFB DV and intercooler with Strat E30 OTS

OP
A

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
How does everyone get such good mpg? I can only get 28mpg on pure highway driving.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
A

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Do y'all have your E30 tune as a separate map entirely, or just a separate slot? It would be a lot cheaper for me to just order an E30-only tune, instead of a combo file since I already have their 93 OTS.

Since E85 is so accessible to me, I don't reallt anticipate much need for slot switching between E30 and 93.

codestp202

Damn this has piqued my interest in a stratified e30 tune now. The thing I'm worried about dealing with is mixing calculations and taking e30 with me to the track.

Do you guys know if you can transport e30 in normal plastic gas tanks? It would just be the morning of to the track.

I'm running e30 on a stratified tune. Only mods are cobb catback, cobb drop in filter, and mountune intercooler. its so worth it. Car feels more alive. You hear a pop from the exhaust when you double clutch and when you downshift. I average 27 mpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Now I am glad that I did not get an E30 tune, since the ONE station close enough to be worth driving to in order to get E85 just closed up, and did not re-locate anywhere nearby. [:(]

NO; warning, hints, etc. that they were going under at all. [mad]

I pulled up to the pumps today, got out of the car to swipe the card, and then noticed that the hose and nozzles were ALL gone!

The next nearest station, unless things have changed since last I checked, is at least 50 miles EACH WAY away from me, so it's just not worth the few extra ponies. :(

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Now I am glad that I did not get an E30 tune, since the ONE station close enough to be worth driving to in order to get E85 just closed up, and did not re-locate anywhere nearby. [:(]

NO; warning, hints, etc. that they were going under at all. [mad]

I pulled up to the pumps today, got out of the car to swipe the card, and then noticed that the hose and nozzles were ALL gone!

The next nearest station, unless things have changed since last I checked, is at least 50 miles EACH WAY away from me, so it's just not worth the few extra ponies. :(
Awe man, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Maybe go there and fill a bunch of jugs?

OP
A

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I'm about to fill up on my third tank of E30. Definitely worth it. LOL

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Awe man, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Maybe go there and fill a bunch of jugs?
Yeah, unlike 'out there in the middle' where you can hit 10 E85 stations with a rock from any given place, they are the proverbial 'hens teeth' around here. [mad]

Even though ethanol may be slightly less volatile than regular petroleum 93/93 E10, I still have no way/place to store it safely, so the fuel container idea is a NO GO. [:(]