Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First Test Run. Request input.

So, this is my first pull in 3rd gear. The temp was around 90*F and relativly cool for this time of year. I am just curious about all this datalogging stuff and would like to get input from you on what my car is doing. From what I have read, this is not good.

Cylinder 3 was going strong until (i'm guessing) hit some pretty good knock. Cylinder 4 is not the greatest. With that being said, i'm guessing the gas is pretty bad.

Stage 0 with a Cobb panel filter. That's all i've done to the car.

Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.datazap.me/u/deadlast/stage-0-pull?log=0&data=0-4-11-12-13-14&hg=1-5-17

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
It is. Lowest it's been in a while is upper 70s at 5am. What I'm trying to figure out is if the gas is bad. -.59 on half a tank of gas on the OAR. The same day it dropped from -.39 to -.59 while trying to lightly accelerate in 6th. The station I used is unbranded on a military base.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LaserWhisperer

It'll be weaksauce until you get closer to -1.00 OAR.
I agree with Truth, add a bit of e85 and keep driving like normal.
Your ignition correction is all over the place too, maybe try ordering a set of plugs from tune+
You'll notice that in .06 of a second, cylinder 2 has a -6 degree change in correction (9.4sec to 9.46sec)

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
What about lowering the gap of factory spark plugs?

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
Is tapping them on a hard surface the best way or is there a tool that's preferred?

E: Conversely, I'm cautious about putting to much e85 in. What's a good ratio/gallons when not on an e30 tune?

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Is tapping them on a hard surface the best way or is there a tool that's preferred?

E: Conversely, I'm cautious about putting to much e85 in. What's a good ratio/gallons when not on an e30 tune?
I was saying "^^^ this" to LaserWhisperer's response. Sorry for the confusion.

I've ran 3 gallons of E85 with 91 E0. It idled well, ran smoothly, and got 3rd gear scratches with ease. Just make sure you use less E85 when mixing with E10.

Here's a good thread on running E85: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/10046-Second-FiST-2016-Fiesta-ST

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
90 is still hot-ish, and the 91 fuel you're using could be a little weak. I would try a gallon, or two of E85- then compare the logs.
So, with your advice, I bumped the blend up to E15. Yesterday that temp was in the low 70s, so it'll be hard to compare and put full weight behind it, but it feels better. Here is a map from a quick pull after I turned down another street. Hence the drop in throttle.

I'm pleased to see there was no negative correction, but again it was only 70 outside and charge air was in low 80s vs upper 90s.

Is this the right track?

http://datazap.me/u/deadlast/test-pull?log=0&data=1-8-10-11-12-13-14

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
So, with your advice, I bumped the blend up to E15. Yesterday that temp was in the low 70s, so it'll be hard to compare and put full weight behind it, but it feels better. Here is a map from a quick pull after I turned down another street. Hence the drop in throttle.

I'm pleased to see there was no negative correction, but again it was only 70 outside and charge air was in low 80s vs upper 90s.

Is this the right track?

http://datazap.me/u/deadlast/test-pull?log=0&data=1-8-10-11-12-13-14
Nice! Glad it made a difference.