Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27293031323334353637
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liono View Post
    Just picked up my 2017 base magnetic today. $17.8K otd.
    Which dealer?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bergey’s ford in ambler PA

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been shopping dealers around (mostly in the midwest) for a couple of weeks, looking to order an '18.

Options:
    Recaro Seats
    Moonroof
    Black Wheels
    MSRP: $25,325 before incentives

Obviously the incentives are about to change, so if I order now, there is no guarantee that they would stay the same by the time I take delivery. With the current $3k off and my wife's recent graduate discount of $750, I've been trying to get as close to $21k OTD as I can. I realize with the options we have, that's a pretty low price, since no one has that particular car available and the dealers don't want to lose money on the car. I've told every dealer I've talked to that I am willing to deal, but the closer they can get to 21, the better. Most of them suggest that they would have to be selling me the car at roughly 19.5 to be close to 21 OTD.

So far, the best I've been able to get any of them down to was around $22.5k. Fortunately, there will be a 2019 model year, so I don't have to deal with the, "This is your last chance, better order it now!" My wife also works for an airline, so I'm not really limited to shopping locally, it's just more convenient.

Senior Member 543 Rep Points Dpro's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AxnAndy View Post
    I've been shopping dealers around (mostly in the midwest) for a couple of weeks, looking to order an '18.

Options:
    Recaro Seats
    Moonroof
    Black Wheels

Obviously the incentives are about to change, so if I order now, there is no guarantee that they would stay the same by the time I take delivery. With the current $3k off and my wife's recent graduate discount of $750, I've been trying to get as close to $21k OTD as I can. I realize with the options we have, that's a pretty low price, since no one has that particular car available and the dealers don't want to lose money on the car. I've told every dealer I've talked to that I am willing to deal, but the closer they can get to 21, the better. Most of them suggest that they would have to be selling me the car at roughly 19.5 to be close to 21 OTD.

So far, the best I've been able to get any of them down to was around $22.5k. Fortunately, there will be a 2019 model year, so I don't have to deal with the, "This is your last chance, better order it now!" My wife also works for an airline, so I'm not really limited to shopping locally, it's just more convenient.
    The incentives usually go up as the year goes on. Expect the minimum of the current rebate carrying over. Talk to the dealer about the possibility of carrying over the rebate once you have placed the order as well.
    When I ordered mine the dealer said he honor the rebate that was availible at order time.

One good thing I found with ordering is sometimes cool short term deals pop up, like Ford doing a private cash offer.

I was able to get in on a 2k private cash offer that brought my ordered done to $19,600 before tax and lic. Thats the ballpark you are shooting for. My option list is Tri color paint $595,Smoke Storm Recaros $1995, Ebony wheels$375.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Options:
    Recaro Seats
    Moonroof
    Black Wheels

Small update: The incentives didn't change at all, so no new leverage there. Two different dealers called to tell me we passed the deadline to order an '18 to spec, so I guess I will be waiting for a while longer.

Asked Koons in Sterling, VA for an idea on cost to order a '19 with those same features. He came back with something like $28,xxx out-the-door. Obviously they aren't even available yet, but I don't know what he's smoking to think $28k is even remotely reasonable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Senior Member 543 Rep Points Dpro's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Small update: The incentives didn't change at all, so no new leverage there. Two different dealers called to tell me we passed the deadline to order an '18 to spec, so I guess I will be waiting for a while longer.

Asked Koons in Sterling, VA for an idea on cost to order a '19 with those same features. He came back with something like $28,xxx out-the-door. Obviously they aren't even available yet, but I don't know what he's smoking to think $28k is even remotely reasonable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Ya that sounds wacky. I would check with other dealer as there is one guy in New Mexico that was getting told by a lot of dealers that you could not order a 18 any mor in June. He found a dealer in Colarado who was willing to take an order for him.

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Missed out on my ideal color combo 2016 molten orange with gray recaros and black wheels. Was already sold when I called. Found another listing for a 2015 molten orange interior and exterior w 31k miles near me. KBB says fair purchase price would be $16,058 and it’s listed at $15,900. I think I’ll have to see how receptive they are to any price drop considering it’s been in their possession for at least 2.5 weeks.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27293031323334353637