Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About to pull the trigger. Wondering what everyone has been paying.

High volume dealers don't spend a lot of time on the details in my experience, especially cars that don't make them a lot of money. Koons Baltimore met my expectations. I worked in a small town dealer for many years and those are the dealerships that take the time because they need the repeat customer whereas a large volume dealer in a highly populated area does not.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Heh, absolutely not but they got the basic stuff wrong. Come on, any dealer should be able to have the car ready and gassed up when you arrive.
Fred Beans had the car gassed up (but with 87 [:(]), detailed by the indie detail shop across the street, and ready for me to sign and drive away.

BUT, I would have JOYFULLY given ALL of that up to have the $2500.00 to $4K+ extra in my pocket that I possibly could have saved at Koons, vs. what this "small town" dealer charged me! [mad]

BTW; Up until that delivery point, the whole order ordeal, their NOT 'keeping me in the chain' as far as info goes on the order, and piss poor/shit ATTITUDE of the sales staff there (ESPECIALLY the ASSHOLE junior sales manger), might be even WORSE than the aloof Koons attitude, anyway.
So, even the 'small town' dealers do not care all that much unless you are buying a HUGE profit margin/markup LOADED Lariat special edition oil burner dually.

OP
S
Thread Starter #46
Glad to see ive brought some life back to the ordering forum :) I pick her up tomorrow. Ended up a little better. 15,414 + tax & fees. OTD at 17,014.

Glad to see ive brought some life back to the ordering forum :) I pick her up tomorrow. Ended up a little better. 15,414 + tax & fees. OTD at 17,014.
$15,414 is like $7k off MSRP. Given there's an auto $3k off, that's another $4k negotiated. :O

Do dealers have this much room to budge when you meet in person? Just trying to learn all negotiation tactics before this Saturday when I go to hopefully bring one home.

OP
S
Thread Starter #51
I personally don't negotiate in person. I do all of mine via phone and is generally a week or so process. I'll only talk to sales managers or GM's. I generally start with the dealers with the lowest advertised price on cars.com within the distance I'm willing to travel. Mostly targeting metropolitan areas. Tell them im ready to buy and give a deposit if we can make a deal. I'll go back and forth with the dealers willing to play ball and finally get a buyers order. I'll play my best buyers order off the other dealerships to chop the deal down further if possible. If the best deal is out of town, I'll take that buyers order by a local dealer to see if they'll match to save myself the trip. I Generally start my negotiation wars 3-5 days before the end of the month. I've gotten my best deals by calling the day after the end of the month. Tell them I'll be there that day if they will meet my number and that I don't care if they back date the paperwork for the previous month :).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't know your story, but I'm sure you already knew that ordering a new car isn't the cheapest route to take.
Probably not, but there were not too many base cars around at the time, and any available were black (most dealers, unless they are HUGE volume stores, EXCLUSIVELY order in fully loaded to the hilt cars).
I also did not want a car which was test driven, or a salesman's demo, for many miles, if that is what's needed in order to get a deep discount. [:(]

It was more MY given circumstance at that time which kept me from permanently walking out the door on car delivery day, and catching a train for Baltimore and Koons (the car rental places were all closed by then, and I urgently needed the car for that weekend anyway).

I want to add to this that a used FiST was pretty much out of reach for me as well, since the 10% to 15% interest loans offered for used cars (even WITH the BIG down payment I did not have) would have more than make up for the cost of the even not all that discounted new car with a 0% interest Ford loan, with ZERO down payment required. ;)

Last edited:

piobmx

Just bought a 2016 Magnetic FiST with 7.6k on the odometer, Recaros, black wheels/red calipers for 18.3k OTD. This car is ridiculous fun and I'm happy to be a new FiST owner! :D

So here goes, I am in Cali and Just test Drove a FiST today. I want to pull the trigger but need to know what a Good Negotiation price is for Cali. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
So here goes, I am in Cali and Just test Drove a FiST today. I want to pull the trigger but need to know what a Good Negotiation price is for Cali. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum.

I would just look up the cheapest FiSTs you can find + as far as you're willing to travel= Your target price that the locals have to meet.

I use Autotrader.