Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Am I crazy for Considering Trading in for a 2017??

me32

1000 Post Club
So to update, they came back and decided instead of offering close to what they were saying they would for my trade (14k-14.5k), they came back and said now they would only be able to offer between 12-13k. This amount immediately puts the deal on the car up over $22k and not something I'm willing to bite on. I emailed them back and said thank you for their time, however it seemed to far off and the likelihood of a deal getting done is pretty slim to none. Therefore I will be continuing with the installation of all the parts in my garage on my own car :)

However, anyone who has read this and is interested in a 2017, there are some great deals out there for sure!

Sorry to hear

OP
B
Thread Starter #62
All good in my book. Means I just carry on with the plan for my car and get all the parts I've accumulated swapped and installed.

If anyone is looking in the Mid Atlantic area and is in a better position, here is the car:
http://www.cowlesford.com/new/Ford/...a0e0adf4ae7cb9180209350.htm?searchDepth=15:18

Like I said they quoted me $19,904 out the door total which seemed like a crazy good deal. They have a couple others in their inventory and the salesman was nice, numbers just didn't work out.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
All good in my book. Means I just carry on with the plan for my car and get all the parts I've accumulated swapped and installed.

If anyone is looking in the Mid Atlantic area and is in a better position, here is the car:
http://www.cowlesford.com/new/Ford/...a0e0adf4ae7cb9180209350.htm?searchDepth=15:18

Like I said they quoted me $19,904 out the door total which seemed like a crazy good deal. They have a couple others in their inventory and the salesman was nice, numbers just didn't work out.
Everything but the moonroof. Solid choice.

OP
B
Thread Starter #64
Everything but the moonroof. Solid choice.
Yup, that's why I was pushing for it. Mine is everything AND the moonroof and I wish I didn't have the moonroof. I don't think I've even opened it. However, I will open it when I detail the car to treat the seals and clean the tracks so I can pray for no leaks at any point.

Waterfan

The initial 19.9k OTD later turned into 22k OTD? Either that's sleazy or I am not understanding

Yes 19.9k OTD for FiST w/RECAROS and NAV would have been pretty sweet. (all-season tires on it are lame, but you could have negotiated a free swap to OEM sports)

me32

1000 Post Club
The initial 19.9k OTD later turned into 22k OTD? Either that's sleazy or I am not understanding

Yes 19.9k OTD for FiST w/RECAROS and NAV would have been pretty sweet. (all-season tires on it are lame, but you could have negotiated a free swap to OEM sports)
He had negative equity on his trade in. That's why the price went up on the deal

OP
B
Thread Starter #69
Exactly, the original offer for my trade from the salesman (obviously not his call to make) dropped another $1500+ when the sales manager made the trade in evaluation. This is why I had my number in mind and was only going to do it for what would have been a great deal given the negative equity. The salesman made it seem like it was no big deal and that it was still a pretty good deal... my response was that I had explained I was only going to do it for a great deal, and this was not it.

Exactly, the original offer for my trade from the salesman (obviously not his call to make) dropped another $1500+ when the sales manager made the trade in evaluation. This is why I had my number in mind and was only going to do it for what would have been a great deal given the negative equity. The salesman made it seem like it was no big deal and that it was still a pretty good deal... my response was that I had explained I was only going to do it for a great deal, and this was not it.
Of course he thought is was still a pretty good deal, his commission was riding on it. :D

OP
B
Thread Starter #71
Of course he thought is was still a pretty good deal, his commission was riding on it. :D
haha, exactly.

And even that price is probably still a solid deal were I in a position that I really needed the trade or didn't have a FiST in my possession already. With sticker being around $25k walking out at $22k with negative equity is still a win to a lot of people.

me32

1000 Post Club
haha, exactly.

And even that price is probably still a solid deal were I in a position that I really needed the trade or didn't have a FiST in my possession already. With sticker being around $25k walking out at $22k with negative equity is still a win to a lot of people.
It would of been

OP
B
Thread Starter #73
Just wanted to update this again, so I made the mistake of going to a local dealer who said they could probably match the offer and I sat in a new, 3 miles on the odometer FiST in black with Storm Grey Recaro's and loved the new car smell, the Sync 3, etc. However I looked up and it had a moonroof... ugh, so when they did numbers to beat the other dealer, they were able to hit the 22k mark, but wanted to add the moonroof cost on as a difference in vehicle price. I declined immediately and joked that they should go lower because I don't want to the moonroof. They tried to convince me it was worth it, I tried to explain to them mine has one currently and its never been opened.

So they have located a 2017, Black, Storm Recaros, Red Calipers, Ebony Wheels, NAV, NO MOONROOF that is somewhat local and have asked if they can trade for it and get me to 22k OTD would I take it. I have responded and said yes, if they can get that exact car and hit exactly 22k not a penny more, I would put a deposit, revert my car to stock and do the deal.

So we shall see. It is a little more then I wanted to go, but I have a financial plan in place that makes far more sense when started fresh and having a warranty for almost the entire time there will be a lien on the vehicle. Plus, I will pull off and put the Ebony wheels up for sale immediately so hopefully I can make a good chunk off them since they will have total like 200 miles on them. I will keep this posted.

Just a slightly different perspective on this. I just bought a 2017 FiST in Orange Spice. I found one in the color I wanted, no Recaros (I'm too stocky for them), no nav and no moonroof. With black wheels. For me, it was an easy decision, driven in part by the fact that in the US, when they are gone, they're gone--maybe for good. I've been thinking lately about getting another fun 2nd car. I have missed my old Mazdaspeed Miata (with FM everything) and wanted something with a turbo that is also pretty elemental. I wanted small, light and simple and fun, that I can use at local autocross events. When Ford decided to throw several thousand rebate dollars at these cars, it became easy to make the plunge. I think that if you really like the FiST, getting a new one at these current prices is an opportunity that won't present itself again in the US. Skipping the Recaros, nav and moonroof got me to just over $19k. I think I would really have regretted it if I did not buy it and next Spring rolled around and I was in a new Fiat Abarth. [bash]

OP
B
Thread Starter #75
So they are crunching final numbers today and they are actually ordering me the car I want if we agree to numbers. It will be transferred from another dealer. They kept trying to push the moon roof on me for "resale" purposes and I had to keep telling them that if I'm trading in my current FiST for one of the last brand new ones, I'm not worried about resale as I plan on driving it long term, plus I don't want the damn moon roof. So hopefully I will have a rock solid yes or no today.

Some of the Base Models I've seen locally have had crazy sticker prices, like down in the 15k range which would probably equate to under 17k OTD if you didn't have a trade or any negative equity. I considered that, but the Recaros fit me great and definitely keep me planted in the car. I could do without the NAV, but they couldn't seem to find one that had just Recaro's, ebony wheels/red calipers so I said I would prefer the Nav over the moon roof.

I am going through with the purchase because I want one of the last ones and also I have re-evaluated my financial plan for bills and will be over paying every month. If I did the same with my current car, I would still be out of warranty for two years while overpaying, on the new car I will have a warranty for most of the duration and only owe a little bit left on the vehicle if anything by the time the warranty runs out. So it also made more sense to me in that aspect. Either way, I'm hoping for good news today and then I have to strip my car and sell off a bunch of parts that I won't be using on the new car.

I've considered that too, but if I stay with a 60month loan, I get a 2 year newer vehicle, 31k less miles (also means longer warranty), and it only adds about one additional year of payments compared to my current loan. Plus I am seeing Ford is offering 0% financing for 60months, so if that's an option that's even better. Although my bank is currently offering a 2.39% which is lower then my current rate by a small margin as well.
If you get the 0% financing you wont get the $3000 off rebate

edit: I'm an idiot and didn't realize there were 7 other pages in this thread lol

OP
B
Thread Starter #79
A miata has been on my list of vehicles to own at some point, but I can't part with my MR2 and I figured I'd want to get rid of it pretty quick and I already had that bad habit with cars lol.

OP
B
Thread Starter #80
If you get the 0% financing you wont get the $3000 off rebate

edit: I'm an idiot and didn't realize there were 7 other pages in this thread lol
haha, all good. Yea one of the first things I asked was if they were able to be combined. The 0% isn't worth the additional $3000 since my interest rate will be low already and I plan on over paying the payments.