Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member 184 Rep Points Dr.Prutteklutt's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Country
    Germany
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    What You Guys think, should i block the Hole at the Bottom of my Mountune Airbox or let it open with the Big Mouth? Is there someone who did some research over Temps and Airflow?

Installed mine last Weekend.
    My EU Fiesta ST is a bit different so i needed to cut some more Parts and used two Washers on the Bolt to fit it straight, but i came out nice

I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Member 225 Rep Points LILIKE16ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Prutteklutt View Post
    What You Guys think, should i block the Hole at the Bottom of my Mountune Airbox or let it open with the Big Mouth? Is there someone who did some research over Temps and Airflow?

Installed mine last Weekend.
    My EU Fiesta ST is a bit different so i needed to cut some more Parts and used two Washers on the Bolt to fit it straight, but i came out nice

From what I have read as long as the hose from your mountune air box is facing forward it won't interfere with the function of the big mouth and will in fact aid it in adding additional airflow. It don't matter how many ram inlets you have so long as they're all facing forward so if you're going to mod it mod it to where it is facing forward so it works in conjunction with the big mouth and not against it (if it isn't already forward facing) rather than block it off. I'll be installing the cpe intake and big mouth very soon and the cpe has a bottom feeding air duct as well but it faces forward so it should work in conjunction with the big mouth. This is what I gathered when this question was asked to velossa tech directly on here a while back.

Member 139 Rep Points AzNightmare's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LILIKE16ST View Post
    From what I have read as long as the hose from your mountune air box is facing forward it won't interfere with the function of the big mouth and will in fact aid it in adding additional airflow. It don't matter how many ram inlets you have so long as they're all facing forward so if you're going to mod it mod it to where it is facing forward so it works in conjunction with the big mouth and not against it (if it isn't already forward facing) rather than block it off. I'll be installing the cpe intake and big mouth very soon and the cpe has a bottom feeding air duct as well but it faces forward so it should work in conjunction with the big mouth. This is what I gathered when this question was asked to velossa tech directly on here a while back.
    I missed that discussion. What's the science for the mountune hose facing forward vs. backward?
    I have my hose tucked in the void above the fog light. I think it's facing backward, toward the wheel.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
    I missed that discussion. What's the science for the mountune hose facing forward vs. backward?
    I have my hose tucked in the void above the fog light. I think it's facing backward, toward the wheel.
    Basically the way I understood it is the pressure built by the big mouth would ecscape the bottom of the box if the lower tube was facing anywhere but forward. That said if you can't find a way to face it forward maybe you should delete it? Maybe we can get velossa tech to come on here and answer this or someone else with more knowledge but that is what I understand based on what I've read.

Vendor Premier Vendor 219 Rep Points VelossaTech's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by LILIKE16ST View Post
    Basically the way I understood it is the pressure built by the big mouth would ecscape the bottom of the box if the lower tube was facing anywhere but forward. That said if you can't find a way to face it forward maybe you should delete it? Maybe we can get velossa tech to come on here and answer this or someone else with more knowledge but that is what I understand based on what I've read.
    You should be OK with or without a forward facing tube. Since the engine is always 'sucking' at WOT and max load, it will always request air it wants, the hole at the bottom is just going to be another inlet for the filter to pull air from. Having the bottom hole facing forward with the mini duct is a plus (just as AzNightmare pointed out) but wont make or break the setup. From the testing we've done, your box will be fine, there is a grey area on 'how sealed' the box should be. It doesnt need to be perfectly hermetic since the engine is producing negative pressure (sucking) and the big mouth will be supplying 'most' of the air even if there is another opening somewhere.

Best,

D
    BIG MOUTH Ram Air Intakes now available for your Fiesta ST - ANY COLOR!

GET MORE AIR!!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VelossaTech View Post
    You should be OK with or without a forward facing tube. Since the engine is always 'sucking' at WOT and max load, it will always request air it wants, the hole at the bottom is just going to be another inlet for the filter to pull air from. Having the bottom hole facing forward with the mini duct is a plus (just as AzNightmare pointed out) but wont make or break the setup. From the testing we've done, your box will be fine, there is a grey area on 'how sealed' the box should be. It doesnt need to be perfectly hermetic since the engine is producing negative pressure (sucking) and the big mouth will be supplying 'most' of the air even if there is another opening somewhere.

Best,

D
    That's really good to know thanks for the info that clears some stuff up.

Vendor Premier Vendor 219 Rep Points VelossaTech's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

BIG MOUTH Ram Air Intakes now available for your Fiesta ST - ANY COLOR!

GET MORE AIR!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123