Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What do you log for vdyno

Based

I am curious and want to try vdyno. I have it all setup and I know what to do but what do you guys usually log to get accurate vdyno's?

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
I am curious and want to try vdyno. I have it all setup and I know what to do but what do you guys usually log to get accurate vdyno's?
All you really need is RPM, throttle position, AFR and boost to get something in both graphs. The most important thing really is finding a good road and using that same one everytime. I like to do 3 passes and compare them. The curves should look pretty similar and the numbers should be pretty close to each other. Start from 2500 to wherever you are shifting. I like to open the file in Excel and delete everything prior to 2500 rpm and everything after my throttle position drops from 100%. I always use 3 for smoothing.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #3
Ok and what do you use for weight? My car has a sunroof but I also have no spare tire or Jack so that's 40lbs off or so. Is the car's curb weight with a full tank of gas?

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Ok and what do you use for weight? My car has a sunroof but I also have no spare tire or Jack so that's 40lbs off or so. Is the car's curb weight with a full tank of gas?
I think I have it set to 2720 and then I input my weight. I'm not sure how they take the curb weight but I'll try entering different weights n see how much it changes.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried it a few times and my logs are consistent based on the graph but for some reason it is showing something low like 175whp and 200wtq. I am stage 2 on E30 so I know it is more than that LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #6
I just did two 3rd gear pulls and set the weight to 2840. Which is the car (2720) + sunroof (30) + my weight (160) - half tank of gas (30) - spare tire and Jack (40).

I made 188whp@5k and 235wtq@3350. This is in 100 degree ambient. Charge temp was low 90s both pulls. This is with full bolt on except downpipe, and stratified OTS tune on 93.

Thanks guys for the help

Alex you might have the weight wrong or something. Or maybe didn't pick the right gear in the program. I did 3rd gear pulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried it a few times and my logs are consistent based on the graph but for some reason it is showing something low like 175whp and 200wtq. I am stage 2 on E30 so I know it is more than that LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Check the weight, gear and tire diameter.