Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird Clutch feel

So here's the deal. I bought my FiST about a week ago. It had 170 miles on it when I bought it and they said it was due to Having to transport the car (whatever; not really worried about it). Well I've put about 400 miles on it since then and my clutch feels TERRIBLE. It's chatter central, and when I was going up a hill the other day, it didn't really want to engage.

Once the car gets going it's all fine and good. I came from a Subaru WRX and am very proficient at driving a manual. I guess what I'm asking is if any of you have had weird engagement issues with your FiST?

I have tried all variations of clutch pressure and throttle input and nothing has really worked. The only thing that seems to get rid of the chatter is an extremely slow start and really holding on to the clutch.

On another (maybe related) note, I get an odd "whirring" noise at lower speeds. Thought maybe it could be intake, but it has a different tone than I'm used to and doesn't sound "healthy" I guess. Haha.

Any input would be awesome!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Bad Pressure plate clutch disk or throw out bearing and all need the dealer to look at .