Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Light Weight Wheels and why, add yours to the list, read the requirements first

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Quite happy with them, thank you! [grinking]
(Yes, EVEN despite the constant barrage of acrimony for any wheel/tire combo which is not at least 12+ lbs. per corner lighter than the factory setup. Somehow, this car drives just fine, especially on the street where it's limits STILL cannot be even approached, even with my "only" 3 lbs. lighter per corner than factory, 'boat anchors'. [histerical])

Just a support for all of those out there that see 10 pound or less wheels as a MUST in order to survive, who do not want to do the conversion regardless of whether or not it was being done even BEFORE the invention of the wheel, that's all. LOL

NO 'conspiracy theories' here regarding your 'sacred' manufacturers, just pointing out that there are A LOT of these cars, with this "damned, odd, HATED, bolt pattern" out there in the rest of the world, even if not here in our land (NO? You deny that fact?). [wink]
(Just because the Miata, in all of it's iterations, and gens, is the 'of course' and "go to" enthusiast car here in this country, does not mean it is the ONLY car out there in the rest of the world.)
Are you sure that that all the voices you hear are real?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
No "voices" (except yours and Rick's and some others with an INCESSANT pounding scolding about this topic).

You (collectively) just are incapable of understanding that some owners, absolutely REGARDLESS OF the reasons/rationale, do NOT want to do your precious conversion to accommodate your manufacturers.

So I will continue to support the manufacturers who accommodate ME. [wink] Simple as that.

Maybe it just bothers you that everyone does not adore the wheels you chose, and praise you for that choice (although of course, you will deny that to the death)? [rofl]

Unsubscribing now, because yes, you are correct, just don't come into your back-slapping each other thread if I am sick of hearing/do not want to hear the lecture. ;)
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Not once have either Rick or I scolded anyone about not converted to 4x100, using any wheel they want, or anything else, for that matter. Rick has been a huge resource for this forum and has been immensely helpful to me and others, and never with anything but information and encouragement. You've contributed fuck-all except reminding the rest of us how stupid emoticons are.

This may be difficult to hear given your narcissistic personality and persecution complex, but nobody, and especially I, cares about what wheels you run or anything else you (envision) doing to your car, yet you seem incapable of repeatedly talking down to those of us who dare to have done something different with our cars.

Or, in terms that you can better understand: [nutkick]

LILIKE16ST

I wish more manufacturers would make wheels for us. After all the mk1 focus shares this pattern as well as the older svt contour and normal fiesta and there are alot more of the Fiesta in other parts of the world people love to modify so I can't see why so many stay completely away from this bolt pattern as if they're not going to make any cash by making them for us. If enthusiasts can do bolt pattern conversions why can't they modify things slightly to make 4x108 wheels and 4x100 wheels. It can't be that much of a bother and money loser. I don't know maybe it is just me. But nonetheless I'm happy with my wheels and someday down the road I may do the conversion who knows because I plan to keep this car forever especially now that they're discontinuing it in north America starting with the 2018 model. I saved 6 lbs per corner while being an inch wider and keeping this pattern....will be 8 per when I get new tires. That's good enough for me for now lol.

GAbOS

4x108 is an older pattern that was even used by lotus long ago. Everyone moved to 4x100 so I understand why most don't want to touch it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

What you say is true but just because people moved to 4x100 doesn't mean there aren't many older cars including the current fiesta that use this pattern that would Warrent making some more wheels in this pattern there may not be alot of current cars running it but the current ones plus all the older cars you would think there would be a little more of a market than there is. Alot of cars don't use 4x100 now either but the older civics and miatas do so there is a big market for it. Do current miatas use 4x100????

GAbOS

What you say is true but just because people moved to 4x100 doesn't mean there aren't many older cars including the current fiesta that use this pattern that would Warrent making some more wheels in this pattern there may not be alot of current cars running it but the current ones plus all the older cars you would think there would be a little more of a market than there is. Alot of cars don't use 4x100 now either but the older civics and miatas do so there is a big market for it. Do current miatas use 4x100????
But there isn't a huge market or you would have more wheel options. Older cars will be 14 and 15 inch with offsets way off what we use. Those guys also will want classic designs so they will hunt down old OE units, not new ones. I have an 89 BMW with 4x100 and there are more options if we convert to 5x120. Even the e30s have a horrible time fitting anything larger than 17. I would have converted the FiST to 4x100 if any of my BMWs wheels would have fit it but older cars are closer to 0 offsets.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do current miatas use 4x100????
Actually, yes, they do.

This argument, that there are lots of cars using 4x108 so wheel manufactures should make more wheels, doesn't work in my mind. If there was a larger demand then manufactures would rush to fill it; there's no synthetic decision to screw the 4x108 guys, they just don't see the demand. My guess is that the Honda crowd has created a huge market for 4x100 wheels so that's where the most options are.

Before *someone* throws a bunch of emoticons and conspiracy theories at me the reason I did the 4x100 conversion is to gain access to 17x9 options, specifically the 949 wheel. I've done conversions in the past and wasn't troubled by it. My MGB hill climb car wears 949 15x10 wheels.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I'd like to also add that there are plenty of wheels in 4x108, just not in many of the sizes that people are looking for here.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

True I guess the fact of the matter is if they aren't offering the wheels everyone wants by now they aren't going to unless the miata switches over to 4x108 which isn't gonna happen lol.

LILIKE16ST

I like my pro race wheels alot I'm happy with them I just wish I could have gotten the 6ul without converting. I may do the conversion yet at some point in the future but for now I'd rather spend mod money elsewhere since I like my pro race wheels pretty good all the way around.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
True I guess the fact of the matter is if they aren't offering the wheels everyone wants by now they aren't going to unless the miata switches over to 4x108 which isn't gonna happen lol.
Well, since Mazda retooled the Mazda 2, which is based in the Fiesta platform, to 4x100, I doubt that we'll ever see a Miata in 4x108!

Since you brought it up, there is nothing wrong with stance, which is a personal choice, and use of "rice" not a term used very little today in Ford Focus or Fiesta circles.
Funny have not heard that version of rice before. Yes in rice burners for MC's which I have plenty of. As with bikes wheel/tire combos are absolutely critical. As they say thats where the rubber meets the road. Haha. Ill be doing this once I wear out the stock 050's. [wrenchin]

2018 ST on order close to the last one (full upgrades (except suspension for now) with VUDU 330 TC waiting in garage)
2015 Durango R/T intake and pad mods only
2004 SVT Focus fully worked
2004 Merc Marauder fully worked (very nice sleeper !!)
1998.5 SVT Contour fully worked/Vortech blower

kevinatfms

I spoke with the owner of Braid USA and they have a set of lightweight 15x7's(they can do 15x8's also) that they can custom make for our 4x108 bolt pattern. Its $248 per wheel for a gloss white(you can have them powdercoated any color you want for extra). Here is the response from Braid USA to my request for a quote:

"The Fullrace Maxlight in 15x7 are $248 each finished in Rally White powder coat or $335 each painted any other color including gold or bronze. Here is our gold:
https://flic.kr/p/Z5pyw9 View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/team_illuminata/37462198732/in/album-72157699683925765/

and our bronze:
https://flic.kr/p/Lkg2kE View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/team_illuminata/29097642400/in/album-72157699683925765/

Both of these can be ordered with matte, satin or gloss clear coat while our Rally White is only available gloss.
These are built to order in our European factory to your specs in about 3-5 weeks. Then they can be drop shipped to (my zip code) by UPS air for $398 or brought over with our next container expected late Fall and shipped ground for $135."

I know some people will boff at the price but that is in line with a OZ Racing wheel in the same diameter. You can go to an 8" wide wheel for the same price($248 for gloss white) without an upcharge. They come in right at 14lbs per wheel for the 15x7" wheel and are fit for rally stages so they are extremely durable.

For me, as i currently run a 15x7 Sparco Terra, these would be 2lbs per corner lighter and i could get them in a full inch wider to run a 225/45R15 or 225/50R15.

Just another option for anyone looking.

I spoke with the owner of Braid USA and they have a set of lightweight 15x7's(they can do 15x8's also) that they can custom make for our 4x108 bolt pattern. Its $248 per wheel for a gloss white(you can have them powdercoated any color you want for extra). Here is the response from Braid USA to my request for a quote:

"The Fullrace Maxlight in 15x7 are $248 each finished in Rally White powder coat or $335 each painted any other color including gold or bronze. Here is our gold:
https://flic.kr/p/Z5pyw9 View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/team_illuminata/37462198732/in/album-72157699683925765/

and our bronze:
https://flic.kr/p/Lkg2kE View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/team_illuminata/29097642400/in/album-72157699683925765/

Both of these can be ordered with matte, satin or gloss clear coat while our Rally White is only available gloss.
These are built to order in our European factory to your specs in about 3-5 weeks. Then they can be drop shipped to (my zip code) by UPS air for $398 or brought over with our next container expected late Fall and shipped ground for $135."

I know some people will boff at the price but that is in line with a OZ Racing wheel in the same diameter. You can go to an 8" wide wheel for the same price($248 for gloss white) without an upcharge. They come in right at 14lbs per wheel for the 15x7" wheel and are fit for rally stages so they are extremely durable.

For me, as i currently run a 15x7 Sparco Terra, these would be 2lbs per corner lighter and i could get them in a full inch wider to run a 225/45R15 or 225/50R15.

Just another option for anyone looking.
Did you pull the trigger on this?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^These are now up to either $314.00 each for the gloss white, or $412.00 each for any of the other available colors, in the 15x8 size. [:(]

Still a little less than their 16x8 Fullrace A I want to get which are now up to $323.00 each or $421.00 each correspondingly. [crazyeye]

PRETTY hoops, VERY rare on our rides in this land, bombproof, and IF the mood catches me right (wrong??), and I have that 'bonus' check in my hands/can sell my 17x8 1.2s for an acceptable price, I may just pull the trigger on the gold ones. [wink]

Negi

^^^These are now up to either $314.00 each for the gloss white, or $412.00 each for any of the other available colors, in the 15x8 size. [:(]

Still a little less than their 16x8 Fullrace A I want to get which are now up to $323.00 each or $421.00 each correspondingly. [crazyeye]

PRETTY hoops, VERY rare on our rides in this land, bombproof, and IF the mood catches me right (wrong??), and I have that 'bonus' check in my hands/can sell my 17x8 1.2s for an acceptable price, I may just pull the trigger on the gold ones. [wink]
Dude how many sets of wheels do you have lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Dude how many sets of wheels do you have lol
I REALLY need to sell those 17x8 1.2s with 215/40-17 RS-RRs on them, but I will keep them if I have to take less than $750.00 for them. [wink]

As soon as this ride is paid off, I will sell the fugly (to me at least) factory stock rubber band profile, boat anchors for peanuts if necessary to get them out of my life (holding onto them just in case economic catastrope hits me, and they repo this thing-I am NOT letting them take it with a set of aftermarket $1200.00 to $3K wheels/tires on it!!! [nono]).

The Methods I will hang onto for the foreseeable future, unless (and maybe even IF) the ARA goes under from this crisis, and U.S stage rallying becomes nonexistent.

The bronze Dekas with the Neo Gens just look (and perform) way too great as a daily driver setup for me to even dump, regardless of how dime-a-dozen they are on these cars currently.

I am totally ambivalent about the Braids, as I really DO NOT want to spend upwards of $2600.00 on set of them with tires/mounting and balancing, but they are just SOOOO pretty and tempting in that gold, quite rare on this side of the pond, and indestructible as well. [:)]

Negi

On my Fost i had the Enkei Rs05rr and the SSR gtv01.And both were close to 2000/2200 with Redrill.On the Fist right now i have the Stockies with the AS3s and still debating about the TD Pro’s as to what i wanna do to change the color.Just might cheap out and plasti dip them as i wanna get some summer rubbers for them.