Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford MyTouch to Sync3 With CarPlay Upgrade

My question is what are they doing after they separate them? I see a lot of screens but never both or just the APIM.
No joke.Good luck to everyone trying to source it. Sucks we have to act like scavengers in hopes someone totals their vehicle. Especially when we've proven there's an upgrade path but Ford will deny it.

It's on my list but I've got too many projects and have been keeping the Fiesta out of the garage. Pretty sure it can be done.
Forscan allows you to enable this on our cars. I've got an aftermarket rear view camera I'm going to be installing.

Drum roll please... package shows up today. Weight is 5lbs vs the 2lbs the last screen was. Will update with pics when they show up. Also will give suggestions on how to order these if this works out.

I would be interested to hear how you ordered one. I have emailed 3 places Sunday and have yet to hear back. Pretty annoying.

Second time screwed over. They sent the control panel for the dash. Not the lcd touch screen like they mentioned. Pretty po'd . Think I'm done at this point with trying to find this.

Second time screwed over. They sent the control panel for the dash. Not the lcd touch screen like they mentioned. Pretty po'd . Think I'm done at this point with trying to find this.
Sorry to hear that. It is very difficult to know what your getting as every junk yard calls things differently and they don't post pictures. I found what looked to be a promising lead in the radio section only to find out it was the chassis module.

not just urs. Mine is a 16 and I've gotten used to sometimes waiting a minute or so for before Spotify will register a tap on the play button. But that may just be android auto

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
So I've initiated a return on that part. I've already ordered an APIM Sync 3 module off ebay. Will get the screen separate (kicking own ass for returning the other one already) now I have to source that. Just gonna cobble one together and hope for the best. Even at $300 it's still better than 4DTech.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #70
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys (and girls) but you may have to actually pick up the phone and call one of the wreckers.

I come from inside sales - if someone wants something bad enough, they'll call.

Have the part numbers for the items you want beside you - phone a wrecker, get their email (personal if possible - most of the time the wrecker has a main inbox and then employee specific ones) and then email the person you spoke with the pictures of the exact item(s) you want.

Definitely kickin' it old school.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys (and girls) but you may have to actually pick up the phone and call one of the wreckers.

I come from inside sales - if someone wants something bad enough, they'll call.

Have the part numbers for the items you want beside you - phone a wrecker, get their email (personal if possible - most of the time the wrecker has a main inbox and then employee specific ones) and then email the person you spoke with the pictures of the exact item(s) you want.

Definitely kickin' it old school.
Thanks for the insight. This is my next step. However, do we give them the part# they have listed or the part # we need?

Did you have to reprogram your apim at all? Just curious if there were any changes that were required?

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #74
I think just the Sync update... mine was an older Sync 3 system and had to update when first installed to get CarPlay to work successfully (even with the correct USB hub).

How are you pulling the cowl off the screen? Looking at how to pull the front plastic shell off and are you pulling it towards you or lifting up?

Best way is probably to lift from the back and then toward you. There are 6 clips holding it on 2 back 2 middle (both clips point down) and 2 in the front which point out. Pull up until the 4 are released and then the front two pull toward you. Just a word of caution. You might lose some of the clips.

Removed and can say I have sync3 now. So guys I bought an APIM off ebay that was for a Ford Escape. I did this as a gamble when one of the members posted that 4DTech gave them a headunit with different part numbers than what we've seen. I cross referenced and found they belonged to an Escape. Now the escape has a bigger screen so I went with just the apim and sourced the screen from a junker. Yes I paid more than the $100 that some people have but I also paid less than $1500 that others wanted. In the end I'm happy.. only minute difference is that the heated seats button aren't working. going to check with forscan to see if this works. Oh and I have touch menu items for the climate control.

Edit.. heated seats work. Just not when acc on. Didn't realize. Trying to upgrade the software to v3 now from v1.

Last edited:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Removed and can say I have sync3 now. So guys I bought an APIM off ebay that was for a Ford Escape. I did this as a gamble when one of the members posted that 4DTech gave them a headunit with different part numbers than what we've seen. I cross referenced and found they belonged to an Escape. Now the escape has a bigger screen so I went with just the apim and sourced the screen from a junker. Yes I paid more than the $100 that some people have but I also paid less than $1500 that others wanted. In the end I'm happy.. only minute difference is that the heated seats button aren't working. going to check with forscan to see if this works. Oh and I have touch menu items for the climate control.
Pic plz!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

felopr

I suspected this since if you cross reference the S/N of the apim in car-part.com, it gives you escape models

Need to make some changes in Forscan. Think I lost ESC off button and not finding hill assist in the menu along with mykey.

EasyBlu can you verify mykey/hillassist are in your sync3?