Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford MyTouch to Sync3 With CarPlay Upgrade

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
If that's the case you need to find a VIN for a car (ST)that has nav and all your options. Shouldn't be hard to find online, just look for used online that offer vin and do a search lookup against it. Once you find it just use that for your as built and you'll be back on the road in no time!
Well, I am not really keen on messing with the codes yet... Also, the thinking is that this may be a hardware issue - as for CarPlay, the 2015 USB hub doesn't work, period. For some reason, Android Auto doesn't mind the old hub as much, but it does throw out an error, which is not real - all I have to do is to acknowledge it on the touchscreen.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, I am not really keen on messing with the codes yet... Also, the thinking is that this may be a hardware issue - as for CarPlay, the 2015 USB hub doesn't work, period. For some reason, Android Auto doesn't mind the old hub as much, but it does throw out an error, which is not real - all I have to do is to acknowledge it on the touchscreen.

The hub won't work but yes the usb ports will still work for android auto. I only get the error message rarely during startup . Benign and not worth $70. Now you tell me they throw in a rapid charger for usb-c then we're talking .^_^

Hey guys i want to update in my fiesta st 2015 sync2 to Sync3 . I want to buy the touchscreen and all ask me wich pârț number its . I dont know wick part to tell. Someone can help me guys ?..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Buying it from a dealership is not worth the expense. All you need to do is to start looking for totaled 2016+ Fiestas; the part you are looking for - in online catalog - is under "Amplifiers", "Sony", 6.5" screen. But, I'd recommend you educate yourself on what's needed and whether you want to go with a NAV or non-NAV.

Use the search on this forum if you need more info - the part numbers could be found, but I would not obsess about it. The primary issue are the brackets - since the comm module (APIM) could ostensibly be sourced from a different model, like F150. However, given that you are looking to buy the whole thing, I'd suggest that you limit your search to Fiestas -then it will be a simple remove&replace job. About $350 altogether, based on the current prices.

Buying it from a dealership is not worth the expense. All you need to do is to start looking for totaled 2016+ Fiestas; the part you are looking for - in online catalog - is under "Amplifiers", "Sony", 6.5" screen. But, I'd recommend you educate yourself on what's needed and whether you want to go with a NAV or non-NAV.

Use the search on this forum if you need more info - the part numbers could be found, but I would not obsess about it. The primary issue are the brackets - since the comm module (APIM) could ostensibly be sourced from a different model, like F150. However, given that you are looking to buy the whole thing, I'd suggest that you limit your search to Fiestas -then it will be a simple remove&replace job. About $350 altogether, based on the current prices.
Do you no were I can found the sync and touchscreen? I will really appreciate man if you can tell me we’re to buy.

I search in junkyard and car-part but all ask me about part number and I don’t know what to tell !

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Bud, I can't tell you WHERE to buy, because you have to source it from a junk yard that has them. And, b/c the 2016+ donors aren't frequent yet, it takes some time before you can find what you need. Go to http://car-part.com/ and follow the path that I described. You'll need to look closely, because the part descriptions aren't that accurate from the junkers; once you find a 2016, call them - some won't ship "electronics", so - you will have to negotiate. You will just need to describe what you are looking for, you know, with actual words rather than parts, which they wouldn't know anyway... Good luck!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
The hub won't work but yes the usb ports will still work for android auto. I only get the error message rarely during startup . Benign and not worth $70. Now you tell me they throw in a rapid charger for usb-c then we're talking .^_^
Yeah, both USB ports work; I have never used the SD card and don't really use the Aux input either. I am about to start looking into Forscan in earnest as I want to install a rear view camera, so maybe there is a switch somewhere that can be "thrown"...

I just call to the car part and they ask me about part number they say are 3 diferit parts !!!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I just call to the car part and they ask me about part number they say are 3 diferit parts !!!

Bro - as I said, explain what you want, that's exactly what I did. It's not that difficult to describe, after all - the screen and the comm module, and if it is a NAV unit (ask!) you'll need to buy a GPS antenna for $10. If they don't understand, move to the next one.

Bro i hane everything GPS antena , USB car play and i buy also cablu for USB to replace the old one its diferit conection in USB i buy from 4dtech for 50$ man

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Bro i hane everything GPS antena , USB car play and i buy also cablu for USB to replace the old one its diferit conection in USB i buy from 4dtech for 50$ man

Ok then. Carry on. Pay attention to what you're typing tho. :-(

Yeah, both USB ports work; I have never used the SD card and don't really use the Aux input either. I am about to start looking into Forscan in earnest as I want to install a rear view camera, so maybe there is a switch somewhere that can be "thrown"...
Turning on the back up cam was the easy part. Fighting the wires through the hatch and into the cabin not so much lol.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Turning on the back up cam was the easy part. Fighting the wires through the hatch and into the cabin not so much lol.
I hear you. However, I just wired up a sub and an amp and replaced all the speakers - so, I got quite good at fishing the leads through convoluted spaces, all the while contorting my body. I am not afraid anymore! The question is whether I should fork over $50 for the 4DTech harness or mess with the pins....

I hear you. However, I just wired up a sub and an amp and replaced all the speakers - so, I got quite good at fishing the leads through convoluted spaces, all the while contorting my body. I am not afraid anymore! The question is whether I should fork over $50 for the 4DTech harness or mess with the pins....

I shelled out for the harness. Adding pins doesn't seem too bad either.

Just finished installing, coding, and updated to 2.2 on the new SYNC 3. Just thought I would share some thoughts. I flashed my 2015 As Built file to the APIM. While it does work. I did notice that if you use your As Built file you do not have hill assist, or "complete" shut off of traction control. I found VIN from a similar 2016 and flashed that file and I now have both functions back. I also love the ST splash screen.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Just finished installing, coding, and updated to 2.2 on the new SYNC 3. Just thought I would share some thoughts. I flashed my 2015 As Built file to the APIM. While it does work. I did notice that if you use your As Built file you do not have hill assist, or "complete" shut off of traction control. I found VIN from a similar 2016 and flashed that file and I now have both functions back. I also love the ST splash screen.
Hmmm... Why would you lose the hill assist and "traction off" settings if you flash your 2015 AB file? These features are pretty much standard on any MY, I'd think?

Hmmm... Why would you lose the hill assist and "traction off" settings if you flash your 2015 AB file? These features are pretty much standard on any MY, I'd think?
Mine came from a 2016 Fiesta SE. Hill assist is only for manual gearboxes and specific for STs. The traction control was there, but again, it is slightly different on our cars. You hit the button once you are in "sport mode," hold it a second time and it turns off ESC. I could only go into sport mode and couldn't turn off ECU. The way I see it, the codes and number of blocks are different. 2015 has less blocks than 2016. When I flashed the 2015 AB files FORscan it popped up a message andsaid that there were fewer amount of blocks, but I continued anyway. I didn't compare them closely, but when I was re-coding my rear view camera I noticed the third block had different code than 2015.

I could be wrong or did something wrong when I flashed my 2015 AB files. But if anyone flashed their 2015 AB files to their SYNC 3 might check to see if you still have these functions.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Mine came from a 2016 Fiesta SE. Hill assist is only for manual gearboxes and specific for STs. The traction control was there, but again, it is slightly different on our cars. You hit the button once you are in "sport mode," hold it a second time and it turns off ESC. I could only go into sport mode and couldn't turn off ECU. The way I see it, the codes and number of blocks are different. 2015 has less blocks than 2016. When I flashed the 2015 AB files FORscan it popped up a message andsaid that there were fewer amount of blocks, but I continued anyway. I didn't compare them closely, but when I was re-coding my rear view camera I noticed the third block had different code than 2015.

I could be wrong or did something wrong when I flashed my 2015 AB files. But if anyone flashed their 2015 AB files to their SYNC 3 might check to see if you still have these functions.

That's the reason I asked - my donor was "some" 2016 Fiesta, not sure what it actually had. I am pretty sure it wasn't a FiST. It came with 1.0 Sync 3, and I found a 2016 VIN and downloaded the 2.3 version from the Ford site and flashed it. After the upgrade finished, I ended up with a 2.3 Sync 3, but it showed my car's VIN. I do have the Hill Assist active and - (steps outside to check) - I do have both the "Sport" mode and Traction Off. So, it can't be the APIM that controls it then. I'd imagine these 'components' sit in an ECU or something - hence, the proper VIN upon the upgrade and no issues with HA and Traction off.