Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom gapped NGK 6510's from whoosh motorsports

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
now available,
select any gap size you wish - let us take care of the pain of gapping your fragile Irridium plugs and ship them to you protective bubble wrap!

If you are custom tuned, ask you tuner for their suggested gap and use the drop down menu to select the appropriate gap.

Gapping is done with an Allstar gap tool, do it once, do it right!

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/copy-of-ngk-iridium-ix-spark-plugs-set-of-4

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
First of all, THANKS for offering this product/service. [twothumb]

Next, I know that most want the one step colder plugs, but for those who do not, will you eventually offer this setup in the FACTORY stock heat range as well?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
First of all, THANKS for offering this product/service. [twothumb]

Next, I know that most want the one step colder plugs, but for those who do not, will you eventually offer this setup in the FACTORY stock heat range as well?
I can add that - to date I have not received one order for stock heat range. I usually have 10-20 sets of 6510's here at all times. I don't have any 6509's in stock, I was waiting for the first order to bring some in to be quite honest.

Bluedrank

That's really awesome. The first time I got spark plugs on my srt 4 I had to learn how to gap them and I was always worried that I did a bad job, and probably did.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
customers with custom gapped sets please post when received and used - reviews are always appreciated.

These plugs ship same day in most cases[ridinghorse]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Do you need a tune with the 1 step colder plugs?
*edit
I just added custom gapped 6509 's (stock heat range) for stock and up to approx. 50 hp additional over stock before you want to bump up to the 6510 1 step colder option

thanks!

M-Sport should enjoy this added option[lovest]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
any issue in running the colder plugs with just the bolt on/tune stuff?
probably not but I did run into a conversation on FB with Randy of Mountune.
In the SRT-4 community the cars go from running 7-9 psi at 285 bhp to well over 20 psi and over 100 bhp over stock. 1 step colder plugs is a no brainer in those applications.

For the Fiesta, if you are less than 50 bhp over stock you should be looking at the stock heat range with a gap of .025. Makes perfect sense.
Over 50 bhp from stock power levels go for the 1 step colder plugs

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
On the NGK site they claim that 6509s "don't fit" the FiST. Their recommendation is 94769 ILZTR6A8G Laser Iridium Plug... The gaps are also different - 043" (1.1mm) for the 6509 and 031" (0.8mm) for the 94769. I am wondering where this comes from...

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
On the NGK site they claim that 6509s "don't fit" the FiST. Their recommendation is 94769 ILZTR6A8G Laser Iridium Plug... The gaps are also different - 043" (1.1mm) for the 6509 and 031" (0.8mm) for the 94769. I am wondering where this comes from...
we offer the 6509 if wanted but the 6510 can be used on all vehicles regardless of modifications added
suggested gap .027

Sam4

*edit
I just added custom gapped 6509 's (stock heat range) for stock and up to approx. 50 hp additional over stock before you want to bump up to the 6510 1 step colder option

thanks!

M-Sport should enjoy this added option[lovest]
This is an important post. Answer is YES, a tune is needed before a colder step, and even then, may be a negative move. Keep some OE heat range plugs around and do your own testing.....

SST

if i am on Dizzy stage 2, with FMIC and cat back, i don't think the gain is close to 50 at all, so i shouldn't use 1 step colder plug?