Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Beware of Bob Utter Ford in Sherman, TX

me32

1000 Post Club
Quick update - One of the sales managers did reach out to me early this morning and was sincerely apologetic. He said if I would still like to purchase the car he would make things right. I accepted his apology and am planning to go pick up the FiST this afternoon.
Sounds good that word got back to the right person to make things right.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Which is never good along with bad word of mouth.
I feel that it is bully tactics. I traveled from Tulsa to make the deal; much like the OP traveling from Dallas. Dustin knew we were traveling from a far, and took advantage of the situation, or us. We both had a little more to loose walking out the door, because we invested time, and gas money for the trip. Dustin knew it.

He had it written with GAP included, and told me that the only way I could get the Ford rebates, and interest rate was if I got GAP insurance. He goes on to say: if I didn't do the deal with the GAP insurance included- the only other way I could buy the car is if I paid MSRP. I shit you not. He was willing to loose a sale for his little GAP selling bonus.

In the long run, him forcing GAP lost Utter another FiST sale, and any future business with me.

It left a nasty taste in my mouth to say the least. The only reason I didn't walk out was that I got a better deal than I probably should have with my sight-unseen trade-in, and regardless of Dustin's bully sales tactics- it was still a fair price on the car.

OP
P
Thread Starter #26
Glad I could help. Give me a shout when you come up. Name is Brandon. Work in service.
Hey Brandon, just wanted to thank you again for helping out with the situation. We were on a tight schedule so I apologize for not getting to stop by and say hi but we did pick up the FiST. In the end, everything turned out just fine! [rockon]

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Hey Brandon, just wanted to thank you again for helping out with the situation. We were on a tight schedule so I apologize for not getting to stop by and say hi but we did pick up the FiST. In the end, everything turned out just fine! [rockon]
Let me guess, they were willing to take cash, or they were willing to finance this go around?

Whatever the case, Brandon should receive the commission.

me32

1000 Post Club
I feel that it is bully tactics. I traveled from Tulsa to make the deal; much like the OP traveling from Dallas. Dustin knew we were traveling from a far, and took advantage of the situation, or us. We both had a little more to loose walking out the door, because we invested time, and gas money for the trip. Dustin knew it.

He had it written with GAP included, and told me that the only way I could get the Ford rebates, and interest rate was if I got GAP insurance. He goes on to say: if I didn't do the deal with the GAP insurance included- the only other way I could buy the car is if I paid MSRP. I shit you not. He was willing to loose a sale for his little GAP selling bonus.

In the long run, him forcing GAP lost Utter another FiST sale, and any future business with me.

It left a nasty taste in my mouth to say the least. The only reason I didn't walk out was that I got a better deal than I probably should have with my sight-unseen trade-in, and regardless of Dustin's bully sales tactics- it was still a fair price on the car.
Man thats just a terrible experience imo. I dont understand why your willing to loser the dealership money cause you dont make a side bonus. Not sure what there base pay is in texas. But finance guys in ca make a pretty good base and all the extra is just bonus money.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Man thats just a terrible experience imo. I dont understand why your willing to loser the dealership money cause you dont make a side bonus. Not sure what there base pay is in texas. But finance guys in ca make a pretty good base and all the extra is just bonus money.
Agreed. Willing to lose a sale over a GAP bonus, and lost an additional FiST sale by doing so. And here we can see that Dustin almost lost another sale over financing. Mind boggling.

OP
P
Thread Starter #32
Haha yep, if it only it were that simple the first time around. Gotta love the whole car buying experience. Sometimes I wish all the car manufacturers would follow Tesla's strategy and sell directly to the public. I am sure there are cons to that too but it sure seems like it would be a heckuva lot easier.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Haha yep, if it only it were that simple the first time around. Gotta love the whole car buying experience. Sometimes I wish all the car manufacturers would follow Tesla's strategy and sell directly to the public. I am sure there are cons to that too but it sure seems like it would be a heckuva lot easier.
Yeah, what a joke.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if other manufacturers followed suit. Cutting out middlemen can be profitable.

Last edited:

me32

1000 Post Club
Problem with that is the price is the price. Also look at the price of Tesla's.

I conducted my "negotiations" with DFW dealers via the internet; never set foot in a dealer lot until I picked up my little beast. i wasn't happy with the local DFW pricing so I began to branch out a bit; got the best deal from the dealer in Whitesboro close to the OK border. Negotiated the OTD price, then only afterwards advised that I'd be paying cash and they didn't blink so I got the deal I wanted...had to wait about four months, however, as I wanted a silver one (this was mid-2014 and I ordered a 2015 model) and it had to be special ordered. It came in, I got to the dealership, gave 'em the dinero, and drove off a happy camper. Because it's a smaller dealership (actually it's a combined Ford/Chevy dealer) and caters to truck buyers, it probably took a little longer on the special order than it wold have in DFW, but all's well the ends well.....

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I agree cutting the middle man can be profitable, but the big 3 sell way more vehicles than tesla can currently handle.
So do you see Ford buying all the dealerships? Where would Ford sell and service their cars without the dealerships? The independent dealer is how the car industry is operated and I do not see any maker closing down dealerships and trying to build their own sales and service facilities. There are some states where Tesla cannot legally sell direct to the public right now. Price fixing does not work....Saturn? The only thing that works with shady dealers as far as sales is the door. Walk away and wait for the phone to ring. Once you buy a Ford you have Ford customer care to assist you. Buying you are on your own. Unfortunately many have no clue how to buy a car and think the sales people will take care of them and others have credit problems, upside down in their trade or no down payment and they screw you to the wall. I see lots of so called "OTD" prices but they fail to list all the "Dealer" fees, insurance scams and extended warranty costs plus the financing/trade screw job they got. You don't buy a car for several thousands under actual invoice without them making it up on your trade or other shady practices.

me32

1000 Post Club
So do you see Ford buying all the dealerships? Where would Ford sell and service their cars without the dealerships? The independent dealer is how the car industry is operated and I do not see any maker closing down dealerships and trying to build their own sales and service facilities. There are some states where Tesla cannot legally sell direct to the public right now. Price fixing does not work....Saturn? The only thing that works with shady dealers as far as sales is the door. Walk away and wait for the phone to ring. Once you buy a Ford you have Ford customer care to assist you. Buying you are on your own. Unfortunately many have no clue how to buy a car and think the sales people will take care of them and others have credit problems, upside down in their trade or no down payment and they screw you to the wall. I see lots of so called "OTD" prices but they fail to list all the "Dealer" fees, insurance scams and extended warranty costs plus the financing/trade screw job they got. You don't buy a car for several thousands under actual invoice without them making it up on your trade or other shady practices.
I think you miss understand what i was trying to say. I agree with what you are saying. I do not think the big 3 could go out and buy all the dealerships and being able to service all the vehicles. At this point it would be way to costly. Tesla is able to do it because they are a much smaller car manufacturer.

I actually had a decent experience with Bob Utter Ford back in May of last year. I drove all the way from CC up there to get my Molten Orange ST (They had none in CC, and SA and the surrounding areas had hail damage on all their STs). I did most of the leg work over the phone, and it went pretty seamlessly. The only complaint I had was they tried to slide 84 months at 7.9% by me when they have 0% for up to 60 months. I looked at the finance agreement and told them "Umm no...I want the 0% for 60" and they looked at me like "Oh really?" Needless to say I walked out with 0% haha.

me32

1000 Post Club
I actually had a decent experience with Bob Utter Ford back in May of last year. I drove all the way from CC up there to get my Molten Orange ST (They had none in CC, and SA and the surrounding areas had hail damage on all their STs). I did most of the leg work over the phone, and it went pretty seamlessly. The only complaint I had was they tried to slide 84 months at 7.9% by me when they have 0% for up to 60 months. I looked at the finance agreement and told them "Umm no...I want the 0% for 60" and they looked at me like "Oh really?" Needless to say I walked out with 0% haha.
Glad it worked out, but sounds like they tried to tick you too.