Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best RMM for a DD?

Jerickson88

So, here is the EXACT difference: Both are nearly exact same design of course, but Torque Solutions is a 75a/75a for the two bushings while Cobb is 68a/80a which in all fairness the softer bushing is the smaller one anyway that won't be affected as much by being softer, but also the Torque Solutions is a good $35 less and is just as good, excellent quality... but again, since I barely noticed any added vibes at all with my TS, I think that 75a is better to prevent that backward flex we are trying to avoid.
I may go ahead on that mount. I got my symposer delete done just now. Silicone cap on charge piping.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I may go ahead on that mount. I got my symposer delete done just now. Silicone cap on charge piping.
I did that exact silicone one too, now you HAVE to do something with the exhaust it is SO quiet that you find yourself driving too fast with out that feedback! LOL

Jerickson88

I did that exact silicone one too, now you HAVE to do something with the exhaust it is SO quiet that you find yourself driving too fast with out that feedback! LOL
I like the quiet. Wife complained about that loud noise inside the car and she couldn’t sleep when we take trips! If the car is quiet, she’s quiet. Make sense? I’ve been down the mid wormhole before and recently remodeled because I was gonna sell. Taking a different approach this time. More interested in the subtle stuff. RMM, AP3, FMIC, e30, Turbosmart Plumb back.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I like the quiet. Wife complained about that loud noise inside the car and she couldn’t sleep when we take trips! If the car is quiet, she’s quiet. Make sense? I’ve been down the mid wormhole before and recently remodeled because I was gonna sell. Taking a different approach this time. More interested in the subtle stuff. RMM, AP3, FMIC, e30, Turbosmart Plumb back.
"Happy wife, happy life" for sure but can't agree on zero exhaust mods. Car becomes EERILY quiet for that much speed and lack of feedback, you're not even tuned now, just wait until you go e30. It is FAR from subtle I'm telling you will end up with speeding tickets and/or dangerous situations, there is a reason Ford provided some feedback even though it's the cheesy Symposer... Personally I was cheap and just did a muffler to glasspack swap but I'd very much at least do a SLIGHTLY louder main rear muffler just to hear what is going on. You can get ones that are very refined and mature sounding if you spend a good $125 or whatever, I kept all the rest of the exhaust stock so no rumble or drone in the mid-section either...

But OK, fine, just a res delete adds a TINY bit of sound but actual zero drone, it's the muffler delete guys who get all the drone... You may have got the wrong car if you wanted THAT level of subtle ;)

Jerickson88

"Happy wife, happy life" for sure but can't agree on zero exhaust mods. Car becomes EERILY quiet for that much speed and lack of feedback, you're not even tuned now, just wait until you go e30. It is FAR from subtle I'm telling you will end up with speeding tickets and/or dangerous situations, there is a reason Ford provided some feedback even though it's the cheesy Symposer... Personally I was cheap and just did a muffler to glasspack swap but I'd very much at least do a SLIGHTLY louder main rear muffler just to hear what is going on. You can get ones that are very refined and mature sounding if you spend a good $125 or whatever, I kept all the rest of the exhaust stock so no rumble or drone in the mid-section either...

But OK, fine, just a res delete adds a TINY bit of sound but actual zero drone, it's the muffler delete guys who get all the drone... You may have got the wrong car if you wanted THAT level of subtle ;)
For whatever reason that plumb back makes a fair bit of ruckus too. Made my turbo sound like a hair dryer. When I took it off, car got quieter under accel.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
For whatever reason that plumb back makes a fair bit of ruckus too. Made my turbo sound like a hair dryer. When I took it off, car got quieter under accel.
Interesting, someone had said it was even quieter than stock but some added sound is OK, will probably be hidden by glasspack that booms under accel now anyway, LOL... But wait, where did you hear me considering that BOV? Are you on the FB groups too and haven't noticed you?

Jerickson88

Interesting, someone had said it was even quieter than stock but some added sound is OK, will probably be hidden by glasspack that booms under accel now anyway, LOL... But wait, where did you hear me considering that BOV? Are you on the FB groups too and haven't noticed you?

I actually did a review for it and we discussed I think! I sold mine with many regrets.

Replaced the LARGE END RMM bushing only with the Poly Flex yellow bushing. The Poly Flex supplied large diameter washers would not fit into the body mount so I did not use them. They made the new bushing assembly too wide. I contacted Poly Flex USA but they did not have a solution . Anyway, the Poly Flex yellow bushings seem to offer more shift stability under power, a smoother launch, and no added drive train vibration. I recommend them especially as a cheap but effective mod when used with the stock mount.

I have the Cobb mount and there is a noticeable bit of vibration at idle but I don't find it the least bit objectionable. Note, I'm sure my sister will ask of something is wrong with the car but after experiencing the wheel hop and engine slapping the firewall with the stock mount I don't have any issues with a little bit of vibration. I will also note that when I took my FiST in for it's 5000 mile checkup and oil change I asked if they could tighten up the stock motor mount and the service manager stated that was not possible and suggested that I install either the Cobb or Mountune mount. When the budget permits it I plan on picking up an Accessport and will then consider having my dealer load the MR215 Tune if they state that will maintain my warranty. If not, then I will wait a bit. Day will come when I get an MRX short block and do a somewhat mild build to somewhere in the range of 275 WHP.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's better just to buy a Cobb Ap3....IMO...it doesn't box you in like a mp215 does....you can get different tunes by all the Tuners....vs. mp215 there is no way to uninstall it unless the dealer does. Food for thought....think about the Future....not right now. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk