Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Best RMM for a DD?
23 Likes

  1. #61
    Member 77 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    7895
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Rock Creek
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    77


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    So, here is the EXACT difference: Both are nearly exact same design of course, but Torque Solutions is a 75a/75a for the two bushings while Cobb is 68a/80a which in all fairness the softer bushing is the smaller one anyway that won't be affected as much by being softer, but also the Torque Solutions is a good $35 less and is just as good, excellent quality... but again, since I barely noticed any added vibes at all with my TS, I think that 75a is better to prevent that backward flex we are trying to avoid.
    I may go ahead on that mount. I got my symposer delete done just now. Silicone cap on charge piping.
    2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST
    -Rally Armory Flaps-

  2. #62
    Senior Member 275 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    9500
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,580
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    275


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerickson88 View Post
    I may go ahead on that mount. I got my symposer delete done just now. Silicone cap on charge piping.
    I did that exact silicone one too, now you HAVE to do something with the exhaust it is SO quiet that you find yourself driving too fast with out that feedback! LOL
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. DeAutoLED H11 reflector low beams that are TOO bright. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

    FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

  3. #63
    Member 77 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    7895
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Rock Creek
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    77


    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    I did that exact silicone one too, now you HAVE to do something with the exhaust it is SO quiet that you find yourself driving too fast with out that feedback! LOL
    I like the quiet. Wife complained about that loud noise inside the car and she couldn’t sleep when we take trips! If the car is quiet, she’s quiet. Make sense? I’ve been down the mid wormhole before and recently remodeled because I was gonna sell. Taking a different approach this time. More interested in the subtle stuff. RMM, AP3, FMIC, e30, Turbosmart Plumb back.
    2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST
    -Rally Armory Flaps-

  4. #64
    Senior Member 275 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    9500
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,580
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    275


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerickson88 View Post
    I like the quiet. Wife complained about that loud noise inside the car and she couldn’t sleep when we take trips! If the car is quiet, she’s quiet. Make sense? I’ve been down the mid wormhole before and recently remodeled because I was gonna sell. Taking a different approach this time. More interested in the subtle stuff. RMM, AP3, FMIC, e30, Turbosmart Plumb back.
    "Happy wife, happy life" for sure but can't agree on zero exhaust mods. Car becomes EERILY quiet for that much speed and lack of feedback, you're not even tuned now, just wait until you go e30. It is FAR from subtle I'm telling you will end up with speeding tickets and/or dangerous situations, there is a reason Ford provided some feedback even though it's the cheesy Symposer... Personally I was cheap and just did a muffler to glasspack swap but I'd very much at least do a SLIGHTLY louder main rear muffler just to hear what is going on. You can get ones that are very refined and mature sounding if you spend a good $125 or whatever, I kept all the rest of the exhaust stock so no rumble or drone in the mid-section either...

    But OK, fine, just a res delete adds a TINY bit of sound but actual zero drone, it's the muffler delete guys who get all the drone... You may have got the wrong car if you wanted THAT level of subtle ;)
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. DeAutoLED H11 reflector low beams that are TOO bright. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

    FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

  5. #65
    Member 77 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    7895
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Rock Creek
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    77


    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    "Happy wife, happy life" for sure but can't agree on zero exhaust mods. Car becomes EERILY quiet for that much speed and lack of feedback, you're not even tuned now, just wait until you go e30. It is FAR from subtle I'm telling you will end up with speeding tickets and/or dangerous situations, there is a reason Ford provided some feedback even though it's the cheesy Symposer... Personally I was cheap and just did a muffler to glasspack swap but I'd very much at least do a SLIGHTLY louder main rear muffler just to hear what is going on. You can get ones that are very refined and mature sounding if you spend a good $125 or whatever, I kept all the rest of the exhaust stock so no rumble or drone in the mid-section either...

    But OK, fine, just a res delete adds a TINY bit of sound but actual zero drone, it's the muffler delete guys who get all the drone... You may have got the wrong car if you wanted THAT level of subtle ;)
    For whatever reason that plumb back makes a fair bit of ruckus too. Made my turbo sound like a hair dryer. When I took it off, car got quieter under accel.
    2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST
    -Rally Armory Flaps-

  6. #66
    Senior Member 275 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    9500
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,580
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    275


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerickson88 View Post
    For whatever reason that plumb back makes a fair bit of ruckus too. Made my turbo sound like a hair dryer. When I took it off, car got quieter under accel.
    Interesting, someone had said it was even quieter than stock but some added sound is OK, will probably be hidden by glasspack that booms under accel now anyway, LOL... But wait, where did you hear me considering that BOV? Are you on the FB groups too and haven't noticed you?
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. DeAutoLED H11 reflector low beams that are TOO bright. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

    FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

  7. #67
    Member 77 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    7895
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Rock Creek
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    77


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Interesting, someone had said it was even quieter than stock but some added sound is OK, will probably be hidden by glasspack that booms under accel now anyway, LOL... But wait, where did you hear me considering that BOV? Are you on the FB groups too and haven't noticed you?

    I actually did a review for it and we discussed I think! I sold mine with many regrets.
    2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST
    -Rally Armory Flaps-

 

 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •