Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

spdkills83 2017 Magnetic build

Going to start this thread and add to it as I go. Won't be nothing too crazy just trying to keep it clean and simple.

Thanks for looking.

Stock when I brought it home 7/9/17 250 miles

"Update on Page 2 4/1/18"

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #2
9/14/17
Mods to date:
CPE RMM
Resonator Delete
Swift Springs
TFB Designs Badge overlays
Premium Auto Styling Amber Deletes and rear reflector deletes
Diode Dynamics LED plate lights
Luxeon Projector Fog lights
ST Serial number plaque
ST Dead pedal

I have some team dynamics Pro 1.2 in Bronze 15x8 to go on, just need to get tires for them. Probably go on in the spring as it is getting close to bad weather season here.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did you buy/order/locate the car with the factory Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3s on the factory wheels for the winter season?

Nice clean build so far. [thumb]

I DO regret not getting the black factory wheels now, since they look SOO good on our Magnetic cars. [:(]
(But I wanted to put that ~$400.00 into the black Pro Race 1.2s in 17x8, and tires for them. ;) )

Last edited:
I have the grey rims, and because of the brake dust, they don't stay clean for long.

How well do the ebony rims hide the dust?

OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #6
M-Sport I honestly do not know about that option for the tires. Mine has the summer tire setup on it from the factory. I will be storing it over the winter months in my garage and it will only see drive time when weather permits. Sorry I cannot fully answer your question. I appreciate the comments [cheers]

Sprinkle, the brake dust shows, on the black wheels it just kind of makes them look flat black instead of gloss when it gets on them. Takes about a solid week between cleanings before you can start to to tell.

Thanks again for the comments. I plan to keep it simple and clean as best I can just trying to make an already fun car that much more fun if that makes any sense haha.

OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #7
Pics after new wheels, tires, and lugs.
Wheels: TD PRO RACE 1.2 Gloss Bronze 15 X 8
Tires: Nitto Neo Gen 205/50/15
Lugs: Muteki SR 48 Titanium color.

20171001_182951.jpg
20171001_183044.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^YA MON!!! [twothumb]

The bronze 1.2s DO look GREAT on our color!! [perfect10]
If I ever get another set in a 15x8 size, it will probably be THAT color!!!

The car sits SPOT-ON PERFECT with the Swift springs (as well as performing about the best of any factory fit, non-coil over setup)!! [like]

OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #9
Thanks, I do agree the bronze does look great. The car feels very well balanced as it sits both in handling and power. Probably hold off on any else major for a bit and enjoy it as it is.

Thanks for the comments. [twothumb]

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Looks sweet. Any rub? I had 15x7s on swifts and it was amazing. Always wondered if 8s would rub.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
How does the car feel on swift and stock struts? Too soft?

And did you do the 4x100 conversion?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^^The whole point of the Pro Race 1.2s is NOT be forced to bother with the whole 4x100 conversion thing to have a GREAT looking, strong, NOT made in China, and relatively light (but no, not the ZERO weight feathers so many on here require) wheel. [wink]

OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #13
No rub that I can tell and or feel or see. From my research the Nitto Neo Gens come in right around a 7.5" tread width, with that being said there is also minimal stretch on the sidewall of the tire. The setup feels very planted from my observation. As M-Sport stated I did not do a 4x100 conversion these wheels fit the factory hub bore and bolt pattern perfectly.

Thanks for the comments.

I just ordered my Swift SPEC-r Sport Springs(SWIFT-4X910R) today. Hoping they don't disappoint. Got them for $246 shipped through a work contact. My mechanic is only charging me $60 to install them as he's gonna do the alignment and charge me another $50 so yeh. Speed kills 83, how do you like them so far? Any rubbing? I have 17" x 7 1/2" wheels with stocks 205/40 tires so I hope I don't rub. I'm being told I wont as its only a one inch drop pretty much all around.

OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #16
Update 4/1/18: As of today car has 2670 miles on it and has the following mods: Like to thank Ron@whoosh for all the great parts and deals. Most of the parts on here have come from him.

Engine:
Cobb V3 Accessport Dizzy Tuning Stg 2 93 map and E30 map.
Whoosh FMIC
Whoosh Boost hoses
Turbo Smart Vee Port Pro symposer BOV
ITG Maxogen Intake
Ram Air Induction hose
Ram Air Crossover
Thermal CBE
Mishimoto Magnetic drain plug
NGK 6510 gapped .028
Whoosh Hi Flow Hot side pipe.

On order:
Damond OCC

Future:
Peron GTX2860R Stg 4 Kit. w/stratified Aux fuel and custom tuning.

Transmission:
CPE RMM
FS werks SS kit

On order:
Latheworks custom shift knob

Future:
Possibly an LSD just depends

Suspension:
Swift Springs

Future:
Koni Yellows

Wheels:
TD Pro 1.2 Bronze 15x8
Muteki SR 48 Lugs in Titanium finish
Nitto Neo Gen tire 205/50

Appearance:
TFB Designs Badge overlays
Premium Auto Styling Amber Deletes and rear reflector deletes
ST Serial number plaque
ST Dead pedal
Velossa Tech Wing risers
Weather Tech rain guards
ST rubber mats with ST logo
Perrin stubby antenna

On order:
Cobb A-pillar mount

Future:
Delta Wing
Fifteen 52 Cup spoilers

Lighting:
Diode Dynamics LED plate lights
Luxeon Projector Fog lights

Future:
Xino Black Euro Projector Headlights

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
spdkills83
Thread Starter #19
Thank you for the comments, I got them from a vendor on here Perfect Circle Autosport. They have them on sale from time to time through different parts of the year.

Thanks again.[like]