Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Next Gen Ford Fiesta ST Is Not Coming to America

Real St !! 4 cylinder eco boost is a cracker , 3 door euro !! lighter, --- and faster , not a 3 pot Imposter !! 3 pot not as Raw or fun as the nr

4 cylinder eco boost is a cracker , 3 door euro !! is lighter, --- and faster , not a 3 pot Imposter , !! which actually isn,t as sharp or raw as the Mk 7.5 1600 !! It,s actually quicker than my E30 prefacelift , chromeie BMW 325i , (chrome bumper), which is a straight 6 , 2494 cc Euro spec , only built between 85 and 87 later plastic bumper models, of the E30 , 88 on had less BHP and lower compression ratio , but this ST , Mk7.5 Euro Spec , 3 door, 4 cylinder, 1.6 Turbo , I reckon was and Is, the best ever, Fiesta ST , my views, based on the opinion , as an owner and enthusiast, as well as , a time served , Jaguar/Rover/Triumph Mechanic , !! , ---- not just a "Fitter" , or so called "Tech" !! and life long car enthusiast, of all things Automotive , :) I also think the Mk8 is rather ugly especially the rear end of it !!! how could Ford have got this so wrong ??? the new one , could have been a cracker If they,d done an RS of It !! , sorry Ford , I,ll keep mine for now thanks !!!!!!! :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Mine will be up for sale soon.
When, of course there no longer any available at dealers.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
They say it doesn't make financial sense to sell in the US, but the truth I suspect is, they're sick of getting their azz whupped in the car market by all other manufacturers. At least one of these manufacturers is more than happy to run ads that attempt to capture the people that Ford is shedding.

Ford won't have to start from scratch in order to sell cars here. They can just do as other manufacturers do and import. But given that the last two Fords I bought have been made in Mexico, they were pretty much importing them anyway.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
4 cylinder eco boost is a cracker , 3 door euro !! is lighter, --- and faster , not a 3 pot Imposter , !! which actually isn,t as sharp or raw as the Mk 7.5 1600 !! It,s actually quicker than my E30 prefacelift , chromeie BMW 325i , (chrome bumper), which is a straight 6 , 2494 cc Euro spec , only built between 85 and 87 later plastic bumper models, of the E30 , 88 on had less BHP and lower compression ratio , but this ST , Mk7.5 Euro Spec , 3 door, 4 cylinder, 1.6 Turbo , I reckon was and Is, the best ever, Fiesta ST , my views, based on the opinion , as an owner and enthusiast, as well as , a time served , Jaguar/Rover/Triumph Mechanic , !! , ---- not just a "Fitter" , or so called "Tech" !! and life long car enthusiast, of all things Automotive , :) I also think the Mk8 is rather ugly especially the rear end of it !!! how could Ford have got this so wrong ??? the new one , could have been a cracker If they,d done an RS of It !! , sorry Ford , I,ll keep mine for now thanks !!!!!!! :)
All the EU companies are starting to make tunes for the new one now, and I'm sure they will coax plenty of power out of it, but the simple physics of a 1.6-4 vs. a 1.5-3 tell us that the bigger engine can make the most power at the limit. The Mk 7 has proven to be quite reliable, overall, blend doors excepted.

I'm also not crazy about the styling of the newer car, but I've never seen one in person, and likely never will. Extra weight doesn't help.

If they ever sold the new one here, I wouldn't rush out to buy it.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
You're leaving the cult? Blasphemy! Infidel!
The sale won't happen for a while yet.
But I will most likely still be here as I have nothing else to do.
I just won't really need the FiST any longer as we soon will have 3 cars and only 2 drivers.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
They say it doesn't make financial sense to sell in the US, but the truth I suspect is, they're sick of getting their azz whupped in the car market by all other manufacturers. At least one of these manufacturers is more than happy to run ads that attempt to capture the people that Ford is shedding.

Ford won't have to start from scratch in order to sell cars here. They can just do as other manufacturers do and import. But given that the last two Fords I bought have been made in Mexico, they were pretty much importing them anyway.
I appreciate your opinion but it is not backed up by facts. Ford is 3rd in world market share, ahead of Nissan, Honda, Kia and GM and many others......they have the #1 selling sports car in the world and #1 truck in the world. No azz whopping going on here. They also lead market share in the UK with the Fiesta #1 because the UK buys small cars and Ford has the best, that is why I would think you drive a Fiesta. The Ford Fiesta is also the 4th highest selling car in the rest of the non-third world. Unlike Toyota and VW, Ford does not build millions of third world cars like cars in India and the far East. VW can't give cars away in the US, sales are dead and Toyota wants their plant and tax breaks. I hope TN runs them off and allows Toyota to build cars that do sell. Who are these "other manufacturers", VW really? And Toyota, who do not build fun cars but boring and reliable cars that do not interest car people. What cars do these only two companies build that compete with a FiST that drivers would buy......none! But ST sales were pitiful here in the US. I don't know a single person that did not steal their ST. People here DO NOT buy cars, not Fords fault. Ford and GM are making a choice ANY business owner would make, stop producing what does not sell. So look up the numbers.......they don't fit your scenario. In business sales using jewelry as an example, I can sell a junk one Caret diamond cluster ring for that sells for $300 at wallyworld or I can sell a quality one caret solitaire for $8000 at my store. Markup is 300% in jewelry so I can sell the junk make $200 each or I can sell the more profitable ring and net $5333. So should I try to sell 26 cheap rings or one nice one? Both yield the same profit. Simple business 101, no legit jewelry store wants to compete with wally world (the world's largest seller of junk diamonds per online data). Ford has no desire to be the largest supplier of small inexpensive cars when SUV's and Trucks are the "one Caret solitaire" of the car world in the USA, VW and Toyota can have the cheap car market here. Ford will continue to be a player in the world car market which is totally different than the US market.

As car enthusiast we have a limited selection of under $50k cars and even fewer under $25k. I will keep my FiST but we are looking at replacing my wife's '93 Stealth R/T as a daily driver. Only 3 performance cars make the under $50K list, Mustang GT or Dodge Challenger Hemi. The Camaro is horrible to drive and was X'ed out instantly. So it comes down to Ford again in my mind, I have no beef with them being good businessmen. And will be happy to add a third Ford in our family. Glad to see the Ford Ranger is coming back, our original 5 speed V6 is a screamer even though it is a Mazda!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I appreciate your opinion but it is not backed up by facts. Ford is 3rd in world market share, ...................
I haven't seen any ads on the WORLD market.... (nor have they quit producing and selling cars on the WORLD market)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I certainly don't believe that Ford will stop producing cars altogether.
In many other countries, big trucks and SUVs are just not practical.
So just wait and see, maybe we can import a new FiST [:)]
Maybe something even better may come to Canada or Mexico and we can just drive it across. [giggle]

Maybe something even better may come to Canada or Mexico and we can just drive it across. [giggle]
A private individual may not import into the US any NEW vehicle that has not been certified by the manufacturer for sale in the US. If you manage to sneak it in and the Feds find out, you have two options: re-export it to the country of origin at your cost, or get it confiscated for the crusher. And if the Feds get really pissed, they have the option of fining you ten of thousands of $s. This has happened much more than once.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I appreciate your opinion but it is not backed up by facts. Ford is 3rd in world market share, ahead of Nissan, Honda, Kia and GM and many others......they have the #1 selling sports car in the world and #1 truck in the world. No azz whopping going on here. They also lead market share in the UK with the Fiesta #1 because the UK buys small cars and Ford has the best, that is why I would think you drive a Fiesta. The Ford Fiesta is also the 4th highest selling car in the rest of the non-third world. Unlike Toyota and VW, Ford does not build millions of third world cars like cars in India and the far East. VW can't give cars away in the US, sales are dead and Toyota wants their plant and tax breaks. I hope TN runs them off and allows Toyota to build cars that do sell. Who are these "other manufacturers", VW really? And Toyota, who do not build fun cars but boring and reliable cars that do not interest car people. What cars do these only two companies build that compete with a FiST that drivers would buy......none! But ST sales were pitiful here in the US. I don't know a single person that did not steal their ST. People here DO NOT buy cars, not Fords fault. Ford and GM are making a choice ANY business owner would make, stop producing what does not sell. So look up the numbers.......they don't fit your scenario. In business sales using jewelry as an example, I can sell a junk one Caret diamond cluster ring for that sells for $300 at wallyworld or I can sell a quality one caret solitaire for $8000 at my store. Markup is 300% in jewelry so I can sell the junk make $200 each or I can sell the more profitable ring and net $5333. So should I try to sell 26 cheap rings or one nice one? Both yield the same profit. Simple business 101, no legit jewelry store wants to compete with wally world (the world's largest seller of junk diamonds per online data). Ford has no desire to be the largest supplier of small inexpensive cars when SUV's and Trucks are the "one Caret solitaire" of the car world in the USA, VW and Toyota can have the cheap car market here. Ford will continue to be a player in the world car market which is totally different than the US market.

As car enthusiast we have a limited selection of under $50k cars and even fewer under $25k. I will keep my FiST but we are looking at replacing my wife's '93 Stealth R/T as a daily driver. Only 3 performance cars make the under $50K list, Mustang GT or Dodge Challenger Hemi. The Camaro is horrible to drive and was X'ed out instantly. So it comes down to Ford again in my mind, I have no beef with them being good businessmen. And will be happy to add a third Ford in our family. Glad to see the Ford Ranger is coming back, our original 5 speed V6 is a screamer even though it is a Mazda!
BMW, Mercedes, Kia, Hyundai, VW, Audi, Toyota, Honda, Genesis, all make cars and I left a few out. Lots of performance cars under 50K You just care to much about the manufacturer and not the car. I would never spend more then 40K on a car. Ford can suck it. I will buy a Honda Ridgeline for a truck one-day.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
A private individual may not import into the US any NEW vehicle that has not been certified by the manufacturer for sale in the US. If you manage to sneak it in and the Feds find out, you have two options: re-export it to the country of origin at your cost, or get it confiscated for the crusher. And if the Feds get really pissed, they have the option of fining you ten of thousands of $s. This has happened much more than once.
Unless the laws have changed this statement is not true.
I spent many years as a Smog Test Examiner in California.
I tested many cars that were brought into the US by privet citizens.
Some were ex-military that returned from overseas but most were just regular people.
These are referred to as "Gray Market" cars.
They were inspected by US Customs, CHP, & DMV for proper paperwork and then smog tested for California compliance.
I am not sure of the term "NEW" that you used as these cars I tested were registered in there home country however they were new.

I personally brought in a Nissan Fairlady Z (right hand drive and all) that was NOT certified for sale in the US.
I also brought in a brand new (but registered) Honda motorcycle, again not certified for the US.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Unless the laws have changed this statement is not true.
I spent many years as a Smog Test Examiner in California.
I tested many cars that were brought into the US by privet citizens.
Some were ex-military that returned from overseas but most were just regular people.
These are referred to as "Gray Market" cars.
They were inspected by US Customs, CHP, & DMV for proper paperwork and then smog tested for California compliance.
I am not sure of the term "NEW" that you used as these cars I tested were registered in there home country however they were new.

I personally brought in a Nissan Fairlady Z (right hand drive and all) that was NOT certified for sale in the US.
I also brought in a brand new (but registered) Honda motorcycle, again not certified for the US.
Dave a lot of things have changed from the Grey Market days of the late 80’s and early 90’s. Mainly because Mercedes Benz screamed foul to the DOT.
If the vehicle is 25 years or older you are good but what he wrote about newer vehicles is now true.
I know of newer than 25 year cars getting consficated. Just search Nissan R34 GTR and MotoReX and you will get the downlow on even more heightened scrutiny due to the demise of MotoReX.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dave a lot of things have changed from the Grey Market days of the late 80’s and early 90’s. Mainly because Mercedes Benz screamed foul to the DOT.
If the vehicle is 25 years or older you are good but what he wrote about newer vehicles is now true.
I know of newer than 25 year cars getting consficated. Just search Nissan R34 GTR and MotoReX and you will get the downlow on even more heightened scrutiny due to the demise of MotoReX.
That was a poopy ordeal but at the same time very interesting as to what all transpired

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
That is why I premised my statement with Unless the laws have changed.
I stopped testing in 2005 and I remember testing right up to the end cars that were brought in and they were only a year maybe two old.
I don't remember if they were called Gray Market or not.

I do understand that if you try to circumvent the laws, the Feds will be all over you.
But I do believe that there is still a way to do it legally.