Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Next Gen Ford Fiesta ST Is Not Coming to America

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That is why I premised my statement with Unless the laws have changed.
I stopped testing in 2005 and I remember testing right up to the end cars that were brought in and they were only a year maybe two old.
I don't remember if they were called Gray Market or not.

I do understand that if you try to circumvent the laws, the Feds will be all over you.
But I do believe that there is still a way to do it legally.
Well there is the low production number exception and there used to be the 1500 exemptions rule for cars submitted at the beginning of each year. That pertained mainly to kit cars.

Other than that everything else is off limits at this point. It does not stop people from trying though and bending rules to succeed. Seen lots of stuff in that department lol.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Well since I don't plan to buy anymore cars nor build anymore kits.
I guess I will just have to let all this slide.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
BMW, Mercedes, Kia, Hyundai, VW, Audi, Toyota, Honda, Genesis, all make cars and I left a few out. Lots of performance cars under 50K You just care to much about the manufacturer and not the car. I would never spend more then 40K on a car. Ford can suck it. I will buy a Honda Ridgeline for a truck one-day.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I am open to suggestions......what have they got to compete with a 460 Hp Mustang GT loaded for $42K.......let me help you, zero. The only one even close to making my wife as happy was the MB C43 AMG we drove. In both performance and my wife enjoying driving the car she liked it, but not $26K more. The Camaro she drove around the block of the dealership and parked it and said "let's go, I hate it"! As to Fords I have owned only two in my over 50 years of driving. So what you hate to admit is like our ST, Ford currently has the best selection and the most affordable in performance cars. And it obviously has zero to do with any allegiance to Ford as I had one in 1979 and one in 2016. We have also owned every make on your list other than the MB and Hyundai. The cost of the upkeep on the VW, Audi, Honda and BMW was crazy and with the Audi being the worse, Toyota and Nissan were fine, reliable boring cars. Have fun with your truck, I will never buy a truck. But as stated we prefer performance vehicles and until someone can beat Ford at it I guess we will own a third Ford (one of which was inherited not purchased). My wife is a Mopar person, she has had more of them than I have as I had only a '68 Barracuda. She prefers the Mustang over a Hemi Challenger for the handling. I have also owned 9 Mazda's, a Saab, Fiat and many others. Mazda was my go to car for many years. You and I have I am sure very little in common in cars other than we both currently have an ST. My wife and I love driving and and it is not unusual to do 8-10K miles per year just in cruising the USA for us. We all spend what we can afford, if my wife decides on the AMG or the Mustang she will write a check for it. We have no price limits other than common sense as we have no real bills at this point in life. The cost of a new car every 25 years for my wife is just not that big of a deal to us, her last one averaged $93 dollars a month to own the car. What ever she buys she will also keep it for 25 years she hopes! 1993 was the last new car she bought and spent $27K then and she is having that car restored to become a garage queen. All Ford cars are selling for well under invoice right now plus $2k Rebate so the bang per buck is great, I'm glad the market is flooded. We all have different needs, I fail to see your reason for disliking Ford but I am sure you have a reason like I have one for hating GM products and my wife has her reasons for disliking Japanese cars. You like trucks and the Honda is probably a fine truck, we have no desire to drive one period, much less daily. So we have one point of agreement, we enjoy our ST's.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I am open to suggestions......what have they got to compete with a 460 Hp Mustang GT loaded for $42K.......let me help you, zero. The only one even close to making my wife as happy was the MB C43 AMG we drove. In both performance and my wife enjoying driving the car she liked it, but not $26K more. The Camaro she drove around the block of the dealership and parked it and said "let's go, I hate it"! As to Fords I have owned only two in my over 50 years of driving. So what you hate to admit is like our ST, Ford currently has the best selection and the most affordable in performance cars. And it obviously has zero to do with any allegiance to Ford as I had one in 1979 and one in 2016. We have also owned every make on your list other than the MB and Hyundai. The cost of the upkeep on the VW, Audi, Honda and BMW was crazy and with the Audi being the worse, Toyota and Nissan were fine, reliable boring cars. Have fun with your truck, I will never buy a truck. But as stated we prefer performance vehicles and until someone can beat Ford at it I guess we will own a third Ford (one of which was inherited not purchased). My wife is a Mopar person, she has had more of them than I have as I had only a '68 Barracuda. She prefers the Mustang over a Hemi Challenger for the handling. I have also owned 9 Mazda's, a Saab, Fiat and many others. Mazda was my go to car for many years. You and I have I am sure very little in common in cars other than we both currently have an ST. My wife and I love driving and and it is not unusual to do 8-10K miles per year just in cruising the USA for us. We all spend what we can afford, if my wife decides on the AMG or the Mustang she will write a check for it. We have no price limits other than common sense as we have no real bills at this point in life. The cost of a new car every 25 years for my wife is just not that big of a deal to us, her last one averaged $93 dollars a month to own the car. What ever she buys she will also keep it for 25 years she hopes! 1993 was the last new car she bought and spent $27K then and she is having that car restored to become a garage queen. All Ford cars are selling for well under invoice right now plus $2k Rebate so the bang per buck is great, I'm glad the market is flooded. We all have different needs, I fail to see your reason for disliking Ford but I am sure you have a reason like I have one for hating GM products and my wife has her reasons for disliking Japanese cars. You like trucks and the Honda is probably a fine truck, we have no desire to drive one period, much less daily. So we have one point of agreement, we enjoy our ST's.
I live in the country and do a lot of yard projects. I'm not buying a truck tomorrow, but at some point I feel like it could be beneficial. I do some old fashioned chainsaw projects as well like fire pit benches. I believe the Kia stinger is a great car with the AWD even better. Different strokes for different folks my Wife hates leather seats for example. She can't drive a manual very good but she can do art work, and is the best Nurse ever. She would love a Ford raptor but that is way to much money. Honestly I hope she gets another Mazda 3 hatchback, or the Ridgeline 5 years from now. I would be okay with a challenger RT it's more practical with it's large trunk. The mustang has so much power for it's size it gets tail happy fast. Even some automotive journalist noted this turn the safety stuff off on a wet road you could hit the ditch quick. Buy what you want I could care less.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I am open to suggestions.....The cost of a new car every 25 years for my wife is just not that big of a deal to us, her last one averaged $93 dollars a month to own the car. What ever she buys she will also keep it for 25 years she hopes! 1993 was the last new car she bought and spent $27K then and she is having that car restored to become a garage queen.

It was little different to keep
A car from that era compared to today’s cars imo.