Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Motul gear 300 tranny oil

Just got 2 quarts going to put in next weekend aswell as a mountune rmm, my question is will this oil blow up my engine :p or will I be fine? I know it doesn't meet specs but my goal is to get rid of the clunking and rough shifts with my new st, any input and experience would be appreciated!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No it will NOT blow up your engine....it most likely won't solve your rough and clunking shifts...the clunking is usually a RMM and for smoother shifting...that is debatable between people. It will be fine...the trans isn't that smart....better to have something in there rather than nothing at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Lol kind of off topic but today was my first hot day owning the fist, the air condition wasn't really that cold but I didn't drive for around 5 mins, is that normal

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've had the Gear 300 in the transaxle for about 5 months now.

It is FINE, and it will protect the gears/bearings/etc. better than the DCT fluid will, especially in the heat of summer. ;)

I am going to leave it in until it gets REALLY cold, just to see how much worse it makes shifting through the thicker fluid (vs. the DCT) in the winter.
IF that horrid, I will change it out for the Motul DCT I have in the basement already, or try some Ravenol, or Castrol Euro DCT or the like.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah ...soometimes it's takes a little bit for my a/c to get rolling also....it's when it doesn't come on at all is when there's something wrong

Quisp

1000 Post Club
No it will NOT blow up your engine....it most likely won't solve your rough and clunking shifts...the clunking is usually a RMM and for smoother shifting...that is debatable between people. It will be fine...the trans isn't that smart....better to have something in there rather than nothing at all.

What if he meant in the crankcase ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The Day motul blows up a crankcase is the day carpenters start using cotton candy Hammers instead of Carpenter hammers to drive nails.

Finally got around to putting this stuff in. Can't say I notice a difference from the stock DCT fluid. It shifted great before and continues to do so.

Thanks to sourskittle for the the tip on removing the air box to access the fill plug and to let it gravity fill. Least messy gear oil change I ever did.

DEss