Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question for those with turbo bundle & custom tune.

Trader history for kivnul (0)

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I currently have a canned tune from stratified that includes a low boost map. I have noticed that the torque curve on the low boost map seems identical to the regular map it just caps sooner. I am somewhat afraid what this will do in snowy conditions. I would guess that this behavior could be even worse with a bigger turbo.

Could someone who has a stratified tune on a bigger turbo chime in on this topic? Am I overly worried? I plan on getting a x47 sometime in the future but I want the car to still be safe in the snow.

Thanks.

Hi, with a big turbo and custom tune we can limit your boost to as low as 12psi which will keep torque more manageable in snowy conditions.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #3
Hi, with a big turbo and custom tune we can limit your boost to as low as 12psi which will keep torque more manageable in snowy conditions.
Alex, thank you for getting back to me. I am less concerned by total boost but more by how that boost comes on. Something more gentle / slower. I am attaching my artwork masterpiece showing what I am thinking. I am still newish to all this so I may be completely out of line with my thinking.

boost curves.png

Yes a slower ramp can also be achieved with a decrease in overall boost. With a lower or zero wastegate duty cycle there will be less boost as well as a slower boost ramp.