Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sekred's White Weapon build thread # 2

Not far off the same money at the moment. Pity the situation isn't reversed, as it was a few months ago...

Revo stage 2 software will not put the CEL on even with a decat.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Carried out a couple of changes under the hood for visual appearance. Painted the engine cover and fabricated a battery cover (just to hide it) from 6mm plastic sheet I happen to have.

Fiesta engine bay.3.jpg

Fiesta engine bay.jpg

Fiesta engine bay.5.jpg

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
NOw you need a orange intake tube to tie it all together .. Good work Mang :)

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Cheers guys. I keep looking at it and thinking there is too much red, I may change the battery cover to fake carbon fibre film, I have a roll of it and it would be easy to do.
The colour looks more orange than red in the image buts its Ford red engine enamel on the rattle can.

Ok, so I've changed the battery cover to fake carbon fibre film.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Thanks again Rod. I'm still not completely happy though, LMAO. I think it looks out of proportion in size, I may cut about a inch off one side to make it look more rectangular, mmm.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I'm more partial to the good old days of actual nice valve covers, not all this plastic crap. But all things considered I think you did a good job

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
I'm more partial to the good old days of actual nice valve covers, not all this plastic crap. But all things considered I think you did a good job
I agree there, much rather see a nice alloy valve cover.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
Time for another update.
Added a another cold air inlet today when I had the front bumper off for IC replacement. It was as simple as drilling a hole in the top of the inner cowling behind the grill. With a bit of extra fab work you could make up a nice little Ram scoop for the OEM air box. I use a piece of 2" poly pipe with a small bell mouth for the entry. Its a little ruff but its not visable.

CIA.jpg

CAI 1.jpg

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
Just noticed my attachments for my oil separator are not working so here it is.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Oil collected after 1500kms
Oil from catch can 1500kms.jpg

Attachments

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
Rear Motor Mount replacement.

Finally got round to doing this job. This not really a Motor mount, correct term is Engine but its not a engine mount either. More an anti torque or engine pitch link.
Nothing I do is usually straight forward and neither was this as there were a number of stages before I was happy, sort off.

In the interests of trying to save a little money I attempted to mod the OEM mount to start with. Removed it and used silastic to fill the gaps in the large bush after reading about this idea on another forum. I reckon it was effective to a degree for about 15 minutes before the silastic spat out the ends. The worst part was curing of the salastic took 72 hours.

Engine mount.1.jpg

Engine mount.jpg

Engine mount.5.jpg

Not finished yet, and picking up the idea from Rick, this time I fill the gaps in the large end bush with a resin, made washers and used O rings for the sides to stop the resin running out while it set and again let it cure for 72 hours with the help from the heat of a oven for a few hours ever now and then.
This proved quite successful and I could notice a definite difference but lets say it was a little zingy at certain rpms vibrating the mirrors and seat.

Engine mount.stage 2.1.jpg

RMM 8.jpg

RMM 7.jpg

Finally I decided to follow convention and actually buy a bush for the large end only. I went for the Power Flex black series after locating a dealer in Australia. Removing the OEM bush proved to be a pita without a press.
Driving the car I was surprised at the lack of vibration form the Power flex bushing, and this is the black race series.
Gear changes are nice and firm with a more direct feel.

RMM 6.jpg

RMM 5.jpg

RMM 1.jpg

RMM 2.jpg

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Completed my IC replacement/upgrade. Went for a Mishimoto J-line rather than a bolt on and saved a few dollars in the process. Its a relatively straight forward fitment with minimal fabrication needed.

Mishimoto intercooler 1.jpg

Mishimoto intercooler 2.jpg

Mishimoto intercooler 4.jpg

IMG_1719 (2).jpg

IMG_1718 (2).jpg

Undertray.jpg

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Post everything in a "review" with driving observations and and opinions or..... It didn't happen. Lol.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Cheers guys,

My Notorious unreliable butt dyno review will follow shortly.