Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sekred's White Weapon build thread # 2

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
Crap! How much is the total package? No wonder your waiting.
I think the way it works is you can buy the flash lead and then add the stage two tune, works out about $750 AUD or just the tune if you live in the UK or near a distributer. I think the stage 2 "tuning package" includes hardware.
Drifter is using the Finsport tune and he would know how it works.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #62
Cars looking really good man
Thanks Colin, just need another 50whp, big brakes, LSD, lighter wheels and.................................

The Mustang coming along too by the look, nice times at the drags.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
CEL UPDATE

Anyone who has read the thread would know I have had a problem with a overboost CEL. A few people probably think I'm am crazy modifying the wastegate actuator circuit.
I have a better handle of what was going on, the problem is not a true overboost as in I am not hitting 24psi of boost and getting a abrupt fuel and ignition cut. Typically what would happen is I would be accelerating moderately, say about 2/3 throttle and suddenly lift off but not all the way off the throttle. This caused a overboost CEL. You would feel it before you saw the dash light as the vehicle went into limp mode.
If it happened depended on how high I had the adjustment on bleed system for the pneumatic pressure switch I was using. These type of switches are adjustable and you can buy them in different ranges. The one I was using that I had lying around was adjustable in a pressure range of about 100psi-150psi, way too high. If I pulled the adjusting screw and spring out of it, it would open at 5psi. Adding the air bleed meant I could raise this pressure but the closing pressure would always remain the same. IE, set to open at 10psi but would still close at 5psi.
Turned out that was the problem, this range difference between opening and closing was causing the overboost CEL.
I purchased a new pressure switch in the 5psi-25psi range and removed the air bleed because its no longer needed and the problem was solved. Not only is the problem solved but I have found I can raised the opening pressure of the delay solenoid to the wastegate actuator higher without causing a genuine overboost.
At the moment it is set at about 12psi making the boost rise feel sharper because any actuator spring creep is eliminated up until this point.
I will do a bit more testing and fine tuning but I am still fighting against how the OEM system duty cycle the wastegate to control the point in the rpm range when you get maximum boost.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Sekred, it would be really cool to reset the ecu the watch the wastegate duty cycle on a cobb go from "x" to "xxx" lol. You could watch the ecu learn in real time.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #66
You guys are spoiled with that AP, I reckon I could caused some major chaos if I had me one of those, lol.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
You guys are spoiled with that AP, I reckon I could caused some major chaos if I had me one of those, lol.
Your not missing much unless you have $650 extra itching a hole in your pocket and have a 5 year degree in engine software computer dynamics control power systems engineering so that you can actually tune the car with access tuner, lol.

This has been a great read, truly enjoying the DETAILS.

A bit off topic... Why on earth don't USDM FiST cars have two hooks? (Or PDC, Xenons, Power fold mirrors, etc.) [sleep] Are they to believe the ESP will save every american driver from leaving the pavement, and the car will NEVER ever need to be towed, and if so, yanked on by their soft control arms or torsion axles?[sleeping]

razorlab

1000 Post Club
This has been a great read, truly enjoying the DETAILS.

A bit off topic... Why on earth don't USDM FiST cars have two hooks? (Or PDC, Xenons, Power fold mirrors, etc.) [sleep] Are they to believe the ESP will save every american driver from leaving the pavement, and the car will NEVER ever need to be towed, and if so, yanked on by their soft control arms or torsion axles?[sleeping]
The EDM Fiestas do not have Xenons or HIDS. I believe they are just projector halogens with a LED parking light strip. Still better than or normal halogens though...

The EDM Fiestas do not have Xenons or HIDS. I believe they are just projector halogens with a LED parking light strip. Still better than or normal halogens though...
Yup. They're regular bulbs in projector housings. Then we have the DRLs, which on their own are quite bright. Apparently it's a legal requirement now in Oz that every new car has to have them. At least Ford's is a tidy solution; other manufacturers cut out the bumper and all sorts - most of which look terrible...

This 'One Ford' thing really only applies to basic styling, because the US cars get a lot of interior toys we don't. Oh and let us not forget a totally different ECU...

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Yup. They're regular bulbs in projector housings. Then we have the DRLs, which on their own are quite bright. Apparently it's a legal requirement now in Oz that every new car has to have them. At least Ford's is a tidy solution; other manufacturers cut out the bumper and all sorts - most of which look terrible...

This 'One Ford' thing really only applies to basic styling, because the US cars get a lot of interior toys we don't. Oh and let us not forget a totally different ECU...
Yea our interiors, dash, etc are totally different than yours. I'm starting to find other differences, some normal, like the bumper beams and supports, but also the front crash sensors and location, bumper cover(!) etc

XuperXero

HID's are easy to install on the projector housing.

Our front grills, ebrake handle, pedals, steering wheel are different too.

What's PDC?

PDC: Park Distance Control

Sorry used to work for BMW, have no idea what Ford calls it. Radical Radar? ;)

Cheers NaseH

Pity you don't live in Newcastle, I could do the work for you at a very cheap compared to what a workshop would charge you.
Noted.,

I've got a bit of leaving coming up so i might take you up on that offer now a lot of parts are starting to arrive at my front door! haha

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #76
Noted.,

I've got a bit of leaving coming up so i might take you up on that offer now a lot of parts are starting to arrive at my front door! haha
Well if you heading up this way you will need to buys some sunglasses and remove your winter tyres. [driving] [wrenchin]