Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sekred's White Weapon build thread # 2

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #81
Intercooler Air Flow.

Carried a couple of things to improve the air flow to the Mishi IC.
One of them was to simply replace the OEM air deflector I had removed which would no longer fit. The deflector stops air flow going over the top of the IC.

IMG_1765 (2).jpg

IMG_1766 (2).jpg

The other thing I did was to cut slots in the top of the bumper IC inlet and heat and bend them up at about 60 degrees.
Working with the bumper plastic is a bit of a pita, so this is a work in progress. The pic is not very good but you should get the idea hopefully.

IMG_1775 (2).jpg

IC 4.jpg

iso100

1000 Post Club
Cold Air Intake.

Made a another change to the CAI by adding a small ram scoop to the OEM inlet.

I now have two 50mm inlets plus my whooose psssst hole in the side.
Good stuff. I assume you have to remove the bumper cover to do this?

Awesome build! You're making it hard for me not to order those Projector/LED DRL headlights. SO much better then what we get.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #88
what is the name of this piece? so i can ask for it by name.
It is just a PVC plumbing fitting. 45 degree, 2 inch, double female ends. I used a heat gun and funnel to flare the inlet.
The other end is called a "floor flange", to suit the size.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Thanks Sek. But that link didnt show me what it looked like before. Couldnt find flanges at all. They do have some nice swivel joints though. Lol

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
omg, i cant find anything that looks that perfect for the job here.
Do you think a 3 inch flange would work?

thanks

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #96
I think 3 inch may be too large, there is not much of the plastic cowling to work with.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #97
More cutting and hacking to increase air flow to the IC. One problem with the core size of the Mishi IC is the bottom 2" of the core does not receive any air flow because it is blocked by the bumper bar.
I cut two slots in the bottom of the bar and made a longer under tray to deflect air flow through the opening.
The images are not that clear but I took about 10 photos and a clear image was hard to get inside my garage.

IC 1.jpg

IC 2.jpg

IC 3.jpg

IC Air flow 2.jpg

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
Cheers guys, it looks a little rougher than it actually is but I didn't spend much time sanding after cutting. A work in progress, I think it can be improved but I will sit on it for a while.