Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sekred's White Weapon build thread # 2

Siestarider

I thought about doing that, it looks great. Theory seems sound.

I ended up opening up my foglight vents first, but I have the advantage of a datalogger to see what difference things make. So far, 2" hole to Mountune intake has not produced a measurable effect on IAT. Other side, 2" hole for future oil cooler air feed, may actually be detrimental to IC air flow, I need more testing to see. I suspect adding high pressure areas to both sides of IC may reduce IC efficiency (I did not hardpipe the Mountune lower intake to the bumper vent, wanted to leave drainage room between vent and air intake for initial testing).

Can you tell any difference in IC performance?

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #102
I have not check charge air intake temps yet using my smart phone app, TouchScan. I really do not have enough data logs in any case I think. I am simply working on the theory of increasing air flow through the IC to further improve thermal efficiency.
I intend to also measure pressure drop across the core when I can get the gauge I want.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #103
Stage Two Tune

Finally got around to installing a OTS tune.
Made the decision to used the "MAXD-OUT" tune which have been developed by PumaSpeed and JamSport in the UK for Euro spec STs.
Decided to go with this tune because of the following reasons.
Multiple options available, Stages 1-4+, including tunes for hybrid and Garret turbos.
PumaSpeed are constantly developing the Fiesta platform.
Possibility of software in the future to allow pro-tuning.

Below is the hardware that's need to install the OTS tunes.

Maxd out hard ware.jpg

Whats the stage 2 tune do?.

Removes the 1st and 2nd gear boost restriction, yea ha.
Allows maximum boost earlier, about 1300 rpm.
Better throttle response/tip in.
More boost with less throttle input.
95, 98 and 102 RON map available.
The claim is 225 to 235bhp.

I am quite happy with the result for a OTS tune, nice throttle and boost response which is what Should be expected with the small BW turbo. Something the OEM tune does a good job of trying to dull.
I am running the 95 map at the moment and with a new revision to the stage 2 map due in mid October, I will upgrade to the 98 map at that time.

I have also removed my wastegate delay, not needed anymore and may cause more harm than good.

Wastegate delay, solenoid, pressure switch, boost delay, hoses and wiring.

Wastegate Delay hard ware.jpg

Siestarider

Anyone who removes that much stuff is impressing me. Maybe a little scary too. Any idea how the removed waste gate delay system relates to the waste gate duty cycle we can monitor over here with AP? I am assuming regardless of inhalation (Europe or NA) differences, exhalation is the same for all of us.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #105
I don't know how it affected duty cycle, but the solenoid was blocking pressure to the actuator until boost pressure reached about 11psi (adjustable) and then the added volume allowed about 1-1.5 psi over boost the ECU caught up and stabilized things.

very nice build! really liked the custom intake... i did one myself.. but i only use at the track.

did you have the chance to dino it?

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #107
very nice build! really liked the custom intake... i did one myself.. but i only use at the track.

did you have the chance to dino it?
No dyno yet, one day I will stick it on the rollers.

Nice intake, now that's original. You could bellmouth that intake tube (the inlet) , it will help flow.

Bellmouths

The sharpness of the radius of the lip that surrounds a bellmouth is important. If it is too tight, the airflow ‘unsticks’ on the transition around the corner and the intake flow is reduced.
In Axial Flow Fans and Ducts (R. Alan Wallis, 1983, John Wiley and Sons, ISBN 0-471-87086-2) the minimum radius of the bellmouth lip is specified as being best between 0.25 and 0.3 times the diameter of the tube. So for example, a 7.5cm tube should have a bellmouth that has a radius of curvature that is 1.9 – 2.3cm. (Where did these figures come from? 7.5 x 0.25 = 1.9, and 7.5 x 0.3 = 2.3).
To turn it into data that can be more readily used, the diameter of a disc that can be nestled inside the outer face of the bellmouth lip should be 0.5 – 0.6 times the diameter of the tube. Most bellmouths are in fact smaller than this – these represent figures to be strived for.

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #110
Sound Test

[video=youtube_share;YzHNrD8TISk]http://youtu.be/YzHNrD8TISk[/video]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Are you running the bottom tube to the foglight duct you made last year?

MOFiST

Cobb eat your heart out. Man that's a big filter. Why the change? Are you prepping for something?

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #113
Are you running the bottom tube to the foglight duct you made last year?
Yes, same tube.

Cobb eat your heart out. Man that's a big filter. Why the change? Are you prepping for something?
I am really not sure where I will end up. I start getting bored if I'm not doing something. A larger turbo has always been a plan but it needs to work well on the road.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Nice job Sekred, now shipped these to China and have some molds made and sell them in CF, you'll make millions.[clap]

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #116
Time for an update, its been nearly two years.

Mmm where to start?, power of course.

Peron P3xxx turbo kit. I brought this kit from DHM. It had been used and run by Rodmoe on his FiST.

I am running Perons "off the self tune". The tune has been adjusted to suite the fact I am using a Turbo Smart Eboost 2 to control the waste gate.

Turbo and Exh Manifold.jpg

Turbo Exh manifold.jpg

Wrap.jpg

E Boost.2.1.jpg

Virtual Dyno 14C.jpg

Nice work mate, will have to take a trip to view this beast

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #120
Nice work mate, will have to take a trip to view this beast

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, I am up in Forster/Tuncurry now. If you are ever up this way I will give you a drive.