Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford to cut down on passenger cars

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Autoblog reports that the electric SUV is going to the Fiesta plant, so that pretty much confirms the Fiesta's death in NA.

Ford isn't investing anything into passenger cars that aren't autonomous or electric, so the chances of them having a product that I would be interested in, is very low. I agree that the infrastructure isn't ready for the products, but that isn't stopping Tesla or anyone that has figured out that the key to keeping the investors happy is now more about doing what Tesla does than what consumers want. Ford's sales are already heavily biased towards trucks and SUV's, so they won't stop with those. The car market is shrinking and Ford, along with a lot of others, don't care if people like me are interested in a fun to drive small hatchback. Sadly, Ford probably has the right idea. Kill off low profit and slow selling cars, get investors super excited for Telsa-like products, and rake in the profit from trucks and SUV's. As much as it sucks for me, it is the right thing to do if your goal is a short term turn-around and happy investors. Besides, with all the problems in the RS world, there is no doubt that the headaches caused by that car are worth it. The days of a performance car that is affordable are done. I don't consider the GT350 or GT affordable or even attainable by those of us who live in a world of ST's.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Sadly, eventually (probably in YOUR lifetime, but maybe not in mine) there will be NO fun passenger, driver-controlled rides available (or even allowed on public roads), FROM ANY COMPANY! [mad] [:(]