Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TDavis' Platinum Warrior build

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #181
Thanks, do you notice any difference in the handling? Does it tramline more with these or have any other negative characteristics?
Not really. I've found the steering is sensitive enough to where it tramlines a little anyway regardless of spacers or not.

But no, no negative characteristics. I've have 22mm spacers on my other car for around 5 years now and no ill effects. Spacers are not all bad as people think, you just need to get bolt on, hub centric, and wheel centric spacers. Not slip on spacers.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #182
Haven't done much to the car, the last mod I did was the turbo which was last Feburary, thats a long time in between mods as I usually get something every month lol. Paying stuff off is my first priority now, plus I'm happy where the car is at for the time being. Don't worry, I'm not selling it, I have too much fun with it to do that.

Saw a member do this so I followed suit. When you add the LED light bar that older models of FiST's came with you're left with 2 extra LEDs when you get the harness. I did this a year or so ago and just have the extra LEDs dangling in the glove box. The two extras are technically for the footwell but since you already have footwell LEDs you can't use them. I decided to do what a member did and put one in the cubby hole and the other in the glove box.

88217501_2566739993595022_869047277560266752_n.jpg

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #186
This is solid! How is it without LSD? Or did you get one? Intake temps alright with that v1 intercooler?
I haven't gotten an LSD yet. I will eventually and cannot wait, seeing all the great reviews about how if people would do the mods over again they'd get an LSD first. You can definitely tell it needs an LSD, ill just leave it at that lol. Intake temps are fine for now. As far as I know the V1 whoosh intercooler is good up to 300whp, which is what I should be at

xxiaze

I haven't gotten an LSD yet. I will eventually and cannot wait, seeing all the great reviews about how if people would do the mods over again they'd get an LSD first. You can definitely tell it needs an LSD, ill just leave it at that lol. Intake temps are fine for now. As far as I know the V1 whoosh intercooler is good up to 300whp, which is what I should be at
thats rad and ikr I feel like it will be silly being built and one wheel peel haha. But money is real so yeah. How’s that turbo? Midrange still available? Wheels spin?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I will not radically add power to this platform without doing a limited slip diff FIRST!! [wink] [thumb]

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #190
Good Evening TDavis, Ive been watching your build since i got my first FiST. Finally in a spot on my second to get Coilovers, Now that you have had plenty of seat time with the meister's What do you think?
I like them alot, adequate price too. I've played around with the dampening and think I've found the sweet spot. I haven't touched the ride height in the front from out of the box. But I did lower the rear a smidge

I like them alot, adequate price too. I've played around with the dampening and think I've found the sweet spot. I haven't touched the ride height in the front from out of the box. But I did lower the rear a smidge
Was there a reason you chose the Meister over say BC?

xxiaze

Chose Meister because of their presence here on the forum. If questions were there I could ask them directly.
If I could support with a chime in, I’d say I’m totally happy with my MeisterR as well... I bought my vehicle with them already installed from previous owner. Even considering that, and well out of warranty, the company has been very helpful in diagnosing issues with me and working with me to restore rusted components at fair prices. That says a lot to me...

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #194
Officially deciding to put Aux and a bigger intercooler on the back burner, kept going back and forth on that decision. I am genuinely content where the cars power level is currently....for now. Plus I kind of want an LSD before I get more power.

In other news I ordered the Osram LED tail lights from Germany. Claims it'll be here May 28th-June 4th. We'll see how accurate that is. Also ordered 4 OEM tail light harnesses part#: D2BZ-13K371-A so I can make a harness for them to work. Not too difficult. The Euro Osram tails have a female connector on them compared to the US spec male connector. Just need to wire 2 OEM harnesses together on each side and they work perfectly.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am genuinely content where the cars power level is currently....for now. Plus I kind of want an LSD before I get more power.
Same here, as I know that power, no matter where it 'comes in the rev range', or even if it is <300 peak to the wheels, will be useless to me without a good limited slip, despite so many on here saying otherwise.
(I don't even have an aftermarket tune in the car yet, let alone an E30 tune, so that would feel like a very mild hybrid turbo upgrade to me anyway. LOL)

I really don't care about power 'bragging rights' since that's all they are without traction and CONTROL. [wink]

Besides, after spending so much on wheels and tires, I need to decide which ones I want and then do brakes, and suspension next, before ANYTHING else!