Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TDavis' Platinum Warrior build

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #201
Well its was bound to happen atleast once in my life whether it be with this car or another.

Went to Heartland June 18th for a track day. Car was fantastic, impressing people, ran lovely. Fast forward to the last lap of the last session on the front stretch I shifted from 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd. Saved the trans by immediately pushing in the clutch because it shifts perfectly fine but the engine isn't happy.

I'm thinking it either bent a valve or jumped timing. It still runs, nothing leaking but at low RPM cruising sounds like it has a cam on it and just isn't running happy at all.

I get all my 25PSI of boost but the car literally has NO power at all. I was able to limp it 3 hours home and now I have it in my friends shop at his house so I'll be tearing it open and finding out the issue.

First time this has happened to me so I'm counting my blessings. Atleast I didn't run into the wall or crash the car in some sort. Engine parts can be replaced, I cannot. I also can get a new OEM long block for a good price if it moves towards that situation.

2 of the 4 cylinders showed 90psi when I did the compression test. Others showed 150psi

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Owie....im sad. Ill bet rod or valves though. Do I sense a Mountune high performance block on deck?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #203
Update.

Ordered brand new engine from Ford, not a remanufactured one. Only $1800 so I figured why not. Didn't want to mess around with doing the timing, torquing, sealing, etc. of everything else if I were to rebuild it. I'll know the engine is done 100% right and worse comes to worse it has a 3 year unlimited mile warranty.

While the engine is out I will be installing the long awaited mFactory LSD that I've been longing to get. Figured now is the best time then any. IMG_20200627_161632.jpg
IMG_20200628_160756.jpg

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Update.

Ordered brand new engine from Ford, not a remanufactured one. Only $1800 so I figured why not. Didn't want to mess around with doing the timing, torquing, sealing, etc. of everything else if I were to rebuild it. I'll know the engine is done 100% right and worse comes to worse it has a 3 year unlimited mile warranty.

While the engine is out I will be installing the long awaited mFactory LSD that I've been longing to get. Figured now is the best time then any. View attachment 32297
View attachment 32298
Man I had no idea it was that inexpensive to replace the engine. Bummer this happened but a blessing it happened on a Ford Fiesta lol. Gotta love these cars.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, $1800!! [crazyeye] [thumb]

It's gonna co$t me almost twice that to get a diff in this car! (Since there is no way I could possibly do the labor myself. [:(] )

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #207
Man I had no idea it was that inexpensive to replace the engine. Bummer this happened but a blessing it happened on a Ford Fiesta lol. Gotta love these cars.
To be fair I work at Ford so I got the employee discount lol, normal walk in cost is around $2400

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still its half the price of a Built Mountune and Puma speed engine*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #209
Got the OEM bearings and seals in. Just waiting on engine, LSD bolts, and flywheel bolts to get here. LSD bolts should be off backorder today. Also they're made in China 😂 IMG_20200703_083400.jpg
IMG_20200703_084937.jpg

To be fair I work at Ford so I got the employee discount lol, normal walk in cost is around $2400
Does it not come with the turbo? I ask because that turbo and header log look not very new (or maybe that's just how they look new, I've never seen a brand new FiST engine).

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #211
Does it not come with the turbo? I ask because that turbo and header log look not very new (or maybe that's just how they look new, I've never seen a brand new FiST engine).
That's my old engine when I just got it out of the car, that's not the new block. But yes the new longblock does not come with a turbo or exhaust manifold and among some other things.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #212
Anyone elses US made LSD come from Taiwan? Lol Screenshot_20200706-131046.jpg

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #216
Also says it's being shipped to Los Angeles. I live no where near California 😂

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Most members on here who have installed them, love the mfactory diff, but when I finally get one, it is going to be the Wavetrac if they are still available at that time.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I thought MFactory was open about it being made in Taiwan?? I was aware anyways. A lot of great stuff comes from that place. How’s everything going with the rebuild? Smoothly?