Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TDavis' Platinum Warrior build

Woods247

2000 Post Club
@TDavis how much does one of your TD wheels weigh? I need to sell my ProRace 3 for a 17x8 and I’m leaning towards your setup, if I can get them lol.

xxiaze

It’s incredible that these little motors can pump out 500-600hp - turbo sexy time! This is rad man. I’m excited for you.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, they do appear to be TINY when out of the engine bay.

The 3 cylinder 1.0 must look ridiculously microscopic when standing alone. [wink]

Haven't done much to the car, the last mod I did was the turbo which was last Feburary, thats a long time in between mods as I usually get something every month lol. Paying stuff off is my first priority now, plus I'm happy where the car is at for the time being. Don't worry, I'm not selling it, I have too much fun with it to do that.

Saw a member do this so I followed suit. When you add the LED light bar that older models of FiST's came with you're left with 2 extra LEDs when you get the harness. I did this a year or so ago and just have the extra LEDs dangling in the glove box. The two extras are technically for the footwell but since you already have footwell LEDs you can't use them. I decided to do what a member did and put one in the cubby hole and the other in the glove box.

View attachment 28342
I have a 2017 as well and never seen this mod. Is it plug and play or some modification required to install it?

thanks.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #230
I have a 2017 as well and never seen this mod. Is it plug and play or some modification required to install it?

thanks.
To get the LEDs in the cubby hole and glovebox you need to drill holes so that they snap into place. for the wires you just have to splice into the existing LED light harness. Sounds harder then it is

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #231
LSD got here yesterday. Installed it last night. Didn't get any pictures of the install, was too stressed out because I don't like dealing with transmissions. Not saying it was hard, just I know transmissions can he complicated if something goes wrong 😂 IMG_20200709_170943.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
LSD got here yesterday. Installed it last night. Didn't get any pictures of the install, was too stressed out because I don't like dealing with transmissions. Not saying it was hard, just I know transmissions can he complicated if something goes wrong [emoji23] View attachment 32516
This is drop in a go one though... No shims needed....right?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #237
LSD is a little noisey, assuming that's normal for the helical mechanical diff ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The 10 bolt GM rear axle Torsen T-1s which came from the factory installed in 4th gen LS1 f bodies used to make a 'rocks in a box' type sound on coast down.

What does the MFactory sound like?

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #239
Just trying to make sure it's right. It sounds like a worring sound and only does it under load in gear

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Just trying to make sure it's right. It sounds like a worring sound and only does it under load in gear
I buzz you on FB but I’ll post here too. Shouldn’t be making noise. Try changing to Motul Gear 300 and see if that makes an improvement. If not, holler at MFactory. I had quick responses from them when I had questions before purchasing.