Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TDavis' Platinum Warrior build

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #102
how long did that take?
To receive the radiator? Took 3 days from Monday, only because I bought it on a Friday. I bought it from [MENTION=9750]PLATINUM_ST[/MENTION] for $425 shipped new in box. I've been putting the radiator on the back burner since its winter and its not needed at this moment but at the same time didn't want to it to get put on back order once I actually needed it. Glad I waited to get a good price.

Now I'm just debating on installing the 180 T-stat with the rad or wait on the T-stat because I don't want the car to run too cool in the winter with the T-stat and radiator. Never dealt with cooler T-stats.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The 180* 'stat will not be too 'offensive' in the winter (just try and do longer, over 45 minute trips if possible).
I plan on installing one when I eventually get around to doing an aftermarket radiator. ;)

Now the Mishi 160* unit, that might become a 'loading up, carbon buildup on the valves/piston tops/rings, fuel dilution wash down, plug fouling' problem in cold climes, especially in tandem with an aftermarket radiator which significantly drops the peak temps all by itself, and with one step colder plugs. [:(]

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #104
Installed the Mountune rad on Saturday. To be honest, it was easy as hell. Now the only reason I say that is because I dropped it from the bottom and I was on a lift. I just dropped the fan shroud first then the rad itself. Of course it takes a little wiggling to get the radiators in and out of the lower rubber mounts but thats a given. Installed the rad first then the fan shroud afterwards. Only thing I had to remove/move aside was a charge pipe and airbox. Took only about a few hours. Pro tip: I kept the blue shielding on until I installed everything so no fins were harmed in the process. That definitely worked a treat.

Sorry for the shitty pictures, I was concentrating mainly on just getting it done rather then pictures. You can definitely tell its there because of the polished end tanks shining through the upper radiator cover. There is still some clearance between hoses and items but I can't imagine how tight of a fit the Mishi rad is after seeing this one. Thankful I got the Mountune.

Temperatures? Well it was 55 degrees outside and I did a hard backroad run with friends and the max the temp got up to was only 191 but QUICKLY drops. With stock rad it usually would run in the high 190s or lower 200s. I didn't install the 180 t-stat in time but will in the future. Normal driving in the 50-60 weather it never goes above 188. Time will tell how effective it really is once spring/summer comes back. Can't really get a good comparison now. I remember glancing at my coolant temp at the track day last year when it was 60 degrees outside and it was always around 210-220. So I can see atleast a good difference as of now but again, time will tell once warmer weather comes back around.

Hey i like what you did with your setup.

From the suspension chassis driveline and definitely the color scheme. I like it! Thanks for the good information also, hope you enjoy your car.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #106
Hey i like what you did with your setup.

From the suspension chassis driveline and definitely the color scheme. I like it! Thanks for the good information also, hope you enjoy your car.
Thanks man appreciate it! The love for the car hasn't died down yet!

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #107
The ITG intake got here a day early last week. Thanks to [MENTION=8244]spdkills83[/MENTION]

Didn't get much pictures since there are plenty floating around but if someone is interested in more pictures I'll gladly oblige.

Install wasn't really hard but idk if its just for 2017+ model years since no one or any video really explained it but when re-routing the wiring harness its all taped up so you have to gently cut a decent amount of tape so that you can separate the ECU plug enough to wrap it around the ITG provided bracket without stretching the harness. Not really difficult just tedious because you don't want to cut any wires. Besides that you just have to maneuver the filter and piping into its area. I found its easier to install it all separately rather then put it together and then put it on the car.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #109
Saw the paint issues people where having when it came to the rear hatch trim chipping paint off the hatch itself. Regardless if warranty would have covered it(my car has 16k miles) I didn't care to go through the fiasco with Ford to get it approved and repainted for it just to happen again.

My solution. Bought from pre-cut PPF from Ford. Its the pre-cut piece that gets applied onto the lower rear bumper right behind the rear wheel from factory. I then just measured and cut pieces off to my liking and applied them to the edge of the hatch where the trim 'touches' it and chips off paint.

Prior to all this I got Ford touch-up and out 5 coats of base coat and used 3 coats of clear/pearl. Came out pretty nice I think. Obviously if you look hard enough you'll be able to see if but any normal civilian will never notice it.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #110
Current pic of the car. The exterior won't really be messed with at the moment as theres nothing else much to do with it besides maybe some splitters but for now the next mod is the GTX2860r and aux fuel coming early March next year.

My tuner at this moment will be Adam at Tune+

GTP

Perfect color for a Fiesta! [like] Nice build thread too. When you ran track days earlier in the build process, how did the brakes hold up? Did you do any fluid change or pad upgrade before you went with the Stoptechs?

G

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #112
Perfect color for a Fiesta! [like] Nice build thread too. When you ran track days earlier in the build process, how did the brakes hold up? Did you do any fluid change or pad upgrade before you went with the Stoptechs?

G
Sorry, I think I responded to your question verbaly but didn't actually type it lol. When I did the track day it was around a nice 60 degrees so ambient heat wasn't much of an issue. I didn't change fluid or pads at all and I have the "non performance" OEM pads and they did perfectly fine, no fade or anything. I rarely used the brakes but I wasn't easy on the car either.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #113
Its happening. GTX2860r is ordered from Adam at Tune+. Along with the unlimited E-tunes from him and the ITG crossover from Whoosh.

Aux fuel will follow

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #116
That’s great news man! Gonna be a fast car!
I can't wait. I'm attending the track day at Heartland in late April so I'll see how different it behaves with the new turbo setup compared to last time I went which was stock. Also get to finally track test the Stoptechs

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I can't wait. I'm attending the track day at Heartland in late April so I'll see how different it behaves with the new turbo setup compared to last time I went which was stock. Also get to finally track test the Stoptechs
I’m with you man. I just finished tuning my hybrid and can’t wait to hit the track. Hopefully we have more sunny days this spring! It’s been a long wet winter.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #118
Got my base tune from Adam @ Tune+.

Turbo should be here Monday, ITG Crossover and wastegate should be here Tuesday, spark plugs should be here tomorrow, and BOV should be here Thursday!

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #119
Turbo was supposed to be here Monday. Tracking info showed it was "In transit" to Edgerton, KS for 4 tracking updates. Finally got a "weather delay" notification on Tuesday so it'll be here Wednesday and arrived in Lenex, KS at 3pm. It apparently stayed in Lenexa, KS for a full day because it didn't depart there until yesterday at 5pm. So finally out for delivery today. This has been a rollercoaster.

Everything else is here except the Whoosh Boost tap that hopefully can get here on Saturday or Monday at the latest so I can install the turbo tomorrow.