Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: TDavis' Platinum Warrior build
143 Likes

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    How’s your car man? How do you feel about the lag when driving around town? Does aux fuel help with it at all?

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    ^^^My only complaint with the Z3s is that they are narrower in actual tread width than the old Z2s in that size.

(But they may make up for it with a better, stickier compound than the older ones.)
    Yeah, in the size I wanted it was pretty much between the Falken Azenis RT615K+ or these. They're both equal contenders from what I researched. So it basically came down to which tread pattern looked cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Woods247 View Post
    How’s your car man? How do you feel about the lag when driving around town? Does aux fuel help with it at all?
    I haven't gotten the aux fuel system as of yet. It'll be in the future. But for now I'm content.......for now lmao. My plan is to be around 350-370whp with aux fuel and keep it there. I will get aux fuel though, thats a given. I like its cleaning properties.

I'll be honest, I do miss the quick spool at times. But I immediately forget about that when it continues to roll out in the higher RPMs without running out of breath. The lag isn't that bad also tbh. It spools around 3500-4000 RPM. When you compare the spool to stock its going to feel laggy as all hell but it doesn't help that stock spool is really quick lol

I'm curious on how it'll feel at Heartland next month when I go to the track day. I know I'll be much happier not losing much ground on the straights anymore. Already have corners down but the cars power was my achilles heel on straights.

Putting around town is much different as I can't get into the power until much later. It makes me more responsible in a way lol

In the end, I'm happy and I look at it like this. If I want more power, that can be easily done without worrying about the turbo being the bottleneck. I won't have my power dying off early in the RPM, it quite literally never dies off once spool hits. The torque won't be as hard on the drivetrain/powertrain since its not as abrupt as stock spool. Also the GTX2860 is tried and true. Haven't heard of any problems with them, only the motors because people choose the wrong tuner or get greedy and go for a higher HP rating that the engine can't handle.
    Ford Master Tech.
    2017 Fiesta ST Platinum White Tri-Coat
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tires arrived yesterday!

I'll wait a little bit before I install them as its not that warm yet. Its been in the 50s and low is in the 30s but I don't want these in anything less then 50 degrees. Also, my current OEM Michelins still have around 5/32 of tread left surprisingly with how I treat them.

Ford Master Tech.
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

Senior Member 1306 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At times I am sorry that I did not go with the Z2s over the RSRRs, even if the Dunlops are no quieter than the Federals on the highway.

(I like that that tread pattern, and much more 'square' shoulder on the Z2s/Z3s, over the more rounded on the edge, RSRRs. :( )
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Senior Member 1173 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
    Yeah, in the size I wanted it was pretty much between the Falken Azenis RT615K+ or these. They're both equal contenders from what I researched. So it basically came down to which tread pattern looked cooler

I haven't gotten the aux fuel system as of yet. It'll be in the future. But for now I'm content.......for now lmao. My plan is to be around 350-370whp with aux fuel and keep it there. I will get aux fuel though, thats a given. I like its cleaning properties.

I'll be honest, I do miss the quick spool at times. But I immediately forget about that when it continues to roll out in the higher RPMs without running out of breath. The lag isn't that bad also tbh. It spools around 3500-4000 RPM. When you compare the spool to stock its going to feel laggy as all hell but it doesn't help that stock spool is really quick lol

I'm curious on how it'll feel at Heartland next month when I go to the track day. I know I'll be much happier not losing much ground on the straights anymore. Already have corners down but the cars power was my achilles heel on straights.

Putting around town is much different as I can't get into the power until much later. It makes me more responsible in a way lol

In the end, I'm happy and I look at it like this. If I want more power, that can be easily done without worrying about the turbo being the bottleneck. I won't have my power dying off early in the RPM, it quite literally never dies off once spool hits. The torque won't be as hard on the drivetrain/powertrain since its not as abrupt as stock spool. Also the GTX2860 is tried and true. Haven't heard of any problems with them, only the motors because people choose the wrong tuner or get greedy and go for a higher HP rating that the engine can't handle.
    I will completely agree with Tdavis's statement about the spool. But when it hits....hehe...It just keeps pulling hard. I now have Aux fuel in my possession and have spoken to PERFBLUE and took some advice from him...it was a heartbreaker around 350whp....ill be content with that...if I want more HP I have my Typhoon to drive and boost launch on Typhoon Thursdays when I drive it. Fuel economy has stayed relatively close to the stocker also. The Torque also coming on later doesn't bother me either and hopefully it holds fruit over the long haul as I don't see going to another Turbo anytime soon. . I May start a Build thread....but I think its too late IMO...but ill see. Let me know how those tires are Tdavis....I might go with Continental extreme DWs.

Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post
    I will completely agree with Tdavis's statement about the spool. But when it hits....hehe...It just keeps pulling hard. I now have Aux fuel in my possession and have spoken to PERFBLUE and took some advice from him...it was a heartbreaker around 350whp....ill be content with that...if I want more HP I have my Typhoon to drive and boost launch on Typhoon Thursdays when I drive it. Fuel economy has stayed relatively close to the stocker also. The Torque also coming on later doesn't bother me either and hopefully it holds fruit over the long haul as I don't see going to another Turbo anytime soon. . I May start a Build thread....but I think its too late IMO...but ill see. Let me know how those tires are Tdavis....I might go with Continental extreme DWs.

Let me know how the aux fuel install goes! I'll be doing that eventually. I'll be settling around 350whp as well.
    Ford Master Tech.
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    @TyphoonFiST it's never too late to start a build thread. I'm curious to see if Aux has an impact on y'alls spool.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415