Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First road trip in the FiST

With the first few days of ownership being filled with rain and cold weather, I was itching to drive the car on some dry backroads. The Mustang & Fords club I'm a member of was hosting our annual fall drive on Saturday where we would be going out The Gorge to Maryhill, then lunch in The Dalles. After a hard mental debate over which car to take, I decided to give the Fiesta a go. Everyone already has already seen the Mustang anyways and I know how good it is on the roads we were about to take. Until Saturday morning, I had only driven the car to and from school and work, which in it's longest configuration is a grand total of 15 miles per loop. It was cold and foggy in the morning as I headed out to Cars and Coffee, the meetup/starting point of cruise. Filled the car up with premium (I got it with half a tank of who knows what) and set off. Right away I noticed a lot of road noise on the highway from the tires, and while the rather high revs were a bit annoying, it was nice to not need to downshift when going up hills or passing.

Cruised to C&C with a couple friends, one has a '13 Ruby Red GT500 and the other a Yellow GT350R. We all laughed when the silly Fiesta drew the biggest crowd upon arrival. At that point the fog had cleared and it was sunny, so people were going nuts over the paint. Lot's of people were shocked when I said it was just a factory color. I guess Molten Orange isn't that common? Does anyone know build numbers by color?

Anyways, we set off for the drive and I was really impressed with how well behaved this car is. Took Highway 14 on the way out, stopping at Maryhill Winery for a bathroom break, then a few more miles down the road to Stonehenge (the replica, of course). At one point I pulled off to snap a few pics, which left me a bit behind the group. Decided it was a good time to finally open her up and I have to say, I was surprised at how quick it is. I've got a pretty good feel for speed, driving 600+ whp cars pretty much daily at work, and while the Fiesta is nowhere near those it pulls you along at a refreshingly brisk pace that many do not expect out of a car this little. I had no problem keeping up with some of the older Mustangs on the straights and then of course was more than adequate in the corners.

All in all it was a really fun day and I'm glad I took the Fiesta. Even averaged a little over 34 mpg! The Mustang definitely wouldn't have done that haha. Included a few pictures of the two cars together after washing it.

IMG_8749
IMG_8751
IMG_8752
IMG_8753
IMG_8757
IMG_8760
IMG_8761
IMG_8762
IMG_8763
IMG_8766
IMG_8776
IMG_8769