Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Issue with plastic side cover on driver seat

I'm just more so wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I have a '16 FiST with the cloth sport seats. The side plastic piece on my driver seat (runs along door side of seat and goes behind the seat height adjuster) seems to have "snapped" and is always loose now. I can try to pull it back into place (slides onto a metal tab) but the clip that is supposed to hold it clearly looks jacked up. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a way to permanently fix it?

I've noticed the same issue with my 2017. It pops right off when you adjust it using the tip of the lever. If you apply pressure towards the base of the lever when adjusting it stays on. It's just a cheap plastic part, I don't think there's anything you can do aside from using adhesive to keep it on. I noticed a similar issue with the FRS/BRZ. Once you get a good seat position dialed in its not an issue.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yep my 2017 as the same problem. I was like what in the world the first time It popped off.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

The 17' with base seats that I test drove at the dealer had this happen while I was looking at it. Like others said its a cheap piece. Why don't you just get it replaced under warranty?

Mine did this. I've been holding off on replacing it because I figured it broke cause I'm a big dude (275lbs). It started with the piece just popping loose when I got in/out of the car, now I noticed a crack in the plastic developing right where the lever dealy is.

I plan on getting it replaced before the bumper-to-bumper warranty is up. My next mod is a diet :(

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
My 2017 has this problem. One of the tabs has broken off so it's pretty loose now. If I get bored I may get it fixed under warranty. I noticed it likes to pop off if you put too much weight on the side bolster when you get in/out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ROCKYFiestta

happened to my 14 yesterday heard the pop and saw it fell off that metal tab, didnt really fix it just forced/jammed it into that metal tab and somehow it stayed propped in. i am also part of the tubchubclub at 270 so im sure it wasnt designed for husky ppl.

Mine broke (2017 Fiesta ST) - also the plastic handle for the seat adjustment broke - not too happy with Ford right now - will post later after repair.

Initially took it into the closest dealer to ask if it would be fixed under warrantee - they had a tech inspect the car then said yes it would be covered under warrantee but they'd have to order the part - I hadn't heard from them in 2 weeks so called and emailed - no response - then drove in and was told the parts had arrived the day before - the labor charge would be ~ $240 plus the cost of parts!
I had my local independant shop do the work - $160 total cost done the next day - still not happy with Ford Service at local dealer (Capital Ford / DGDG)

Should have got the recaros! (sorry couldnt help it) :p
J/K same problem here, i have learned to live with it. Just the like the door handle, its a cheap piece and breaks easily.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Should have gotten Recaros.....No complaint's here
Bah, it'd be cheaper to loose weight.
(totally joking of course)

Is there something that can be placed beneath the part that might serve to help prevent breakage? No one has posted a picture so still not 100% sure which part people are referring to.

Chod74

I'm just more so wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I have a '16 FiST with the cloth sport seats. The side plastic piece on my driver seat (runs along door side of seat and goes behind the seat height adjuster) seems to have "snapped" and is always loose now. I can try to pull it back into place (slides onto a metal tab) but the clip that is supposed to hold it clearly looks jacked up. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a way to permanently fix it?